Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Coughlin time back in effect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crFWXp5EAGE

A interview that explains more from his own lips. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I remember when I started watching football after the steelers cowboys superbowl and car and jax got franchises and I choose jax. At 15 years old then never got the coverage up in canada, but when they made the pkayiffs and beat den that was a epic win in the history biiks for Jacksonville.

Then the dreadfull end to 99 curse all them tacks, cap issues and never fully gotten back with potential QB misses and ones well that just didn't work at all.

I liked what tom did as a coach, but im glad hes not the coach as we need someone to be longterm and tenure here like a tomlin, cowler In Pitts. Be successful and have winning teams.

Tom will bring his personality to the coaches and players and be the General they need. While Dave can stick back getting us the FA and bAP in the draft.

Im excited every year, and have had sunday ticket for going on 12 years never miss a game.

GO JAGS!
Jags 4 Life

Thanks grandpa! 

I believe he should be referred to as Coach Coughlin or Mr. Coughlin

Quote:I believe he should be referred to as Coach Coughlin or Mr. Coughlin

:teehee:  :teehee:

Quote:I believe he should be referred to as Coach Coughlin or Mr. Coughlin

Shut up Ms Thundersnow

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2017, 06:15 PM by Pwmccorm1216.)

Yea, that 10:00 am errrr 9:55 am press conference is going to be a status quo introduction for a consultant and the coach the consultant wanted.........

But he's not actually the head coach.  We don't even know what his role is yet.  

I'd hope Marrone would be the one making the schedules.

Ha! Love it. Discipline will go a long way.
No commercial messages in sigs

It's long overdue. We are the NY Giants under Jim Fassel. Lots of talent but no discipline. Enter Tom Coughlin. Some didn't like it and left because of it, but those who stayed carried Tom off the field on their shoulders while hoisting the Lombardi Trophy.

Regards...................the Chiefjag

I've never agreed with TC time. If I'm contracted at 10, and I begin at 10. I better not get fined for not starting early.

Thank you god..

Discipline..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:I've never agreed with TC time. If I'm contracted at 10, and I begin at 10. I better not get fined for not starting early.

follow up. I personally show up to work early, but I don't start until my scheduled time.

I think it's stupid. Why would a press conference begin at a time other than when it is scheduled?

I agree with Tom. This is the reason.

If the meeting starts at 10, and Tom is ready to begin at 10, then people who show up at 10 are interfering with his meeting. They are coming in the door, looking for a seat, fist bumping other players as they find a chair, pulling out their notepad, etc. If someone comes in at 10:01 because they got stuck at a RR crossing, then Tom is forced to stop what he's doing, discipline the player for being tardy, or some other action, which takes away from his meeting and all the other player's time.

The moment Tom says; "let's get started" precisely at 10:00 then everyone should be seated and prepared.

Regards......................the Chiefjag

Quote:I agree with Tom. This is the reason.

If the meeting starts at 10, and Tom is ready to begin at 10, then people who show up at 10 are interfering with his meeting. They are coming in the door, looking for a seat, fist bumping other players as they find a chair, pulling out their notepad, etc. If someone comes in at 10:01 because they got stuck at a RR crossing, then Tom is forced to stop what he's doing, discipline the player for being tardy, or some other action, which takes away from his meeting and all the other player's time.

The moment Tom says; "let's get started" precisely at 10:00 then everyone should be seated and prepared.

Regards......................the Chiefjag

Millennials don't understand the concept and will protest in the streets. How dare you chief!

Wasn't Tom's ultimate undoing here how bad he did with the GM part of his roll before?

Quote:Wasn't Tom's ultimate undoing here how bad he did with the GM part of his roll before?
Yes but that was over 15 years ago.  And still produced many playoff appearances. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

So, I'll admit, I don't remember the Coughlin years. I always believe this team lacked disclipline, structure, and coaching. I hope Tom Coughlin installs this kind of culture in the organization. It'll be different for sure, but I'm excited about Marrone, too! Marrone won with EJ Manuel and Kyle Orton and has the only winning season for the Bills since '04. Discipline for Fowler, Ramsey, and the young pups is exactly what's needed for a team that is going to try and scratch their way out of a losing culture.

I love it