Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Official Crow eating thread. I'm taking a big first bite. +/-'s

I came in here to gladly eat my big bowl of crow after predicting the browns would blow out the Jags. It was the other way around. I was wrong and happy to admit it. The Jags defense deserves all of the credit and shutting out the red hot 2nd half browns.  Looks like this team may be late bloomers.  Lets look at the positive and negatives

+Telvin Smith: This guy was the mvp of the game.  An int (should of have 2 with dropping one) A ff, a sack, and some great tackles including 2 for a loss. 

+
Denard Robinson: This guy had a career high of 125+ yards rushing plus a td.  He beat his previous career high in the first quarter and did not fumble one time.  Have we found out starting Rb?

+Defense: They held the browns to 6 points but 3 of those were givin up by the offense.
They made key plays when they had too. They also shut down the browns running game

+Special Teams: They tackled well, pinned the browns deep a couple of times, and got a turnover.

+Sendarick Marks:  They could not stop him all day.  If he was not chasing the QB he was batting down balls.

+Storm Johnson: He scored another TD in limited action

-Blake Bortles. This was by far his worst game of his career. Some stupid throws and doing too much. Hopefully he can bounce back next week

-Offensive Gameplan:  Why does this team just march down field in the 2 min offense but then don't keep playing it the rest of the game? Bortles seems to play better with stretching the field and finding the open receiver.  I thought we should play much more 2 min offense.

-Wasted timeouts: This can and will lose you tight games.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2014, 06:51 PM by The Drifter.)

Well I had the Jags Picked in the Pick'em league so :whistling:

Cleveland vs @Jacksonville Correct   Jax 24, Cle 6  8

As you can see, I had them at 8

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

I didn't think we would be able to shut down Jordan Cameron but we did

[Image: eatcrow_zpscbd57140.jpeg]

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

I picked the Jags by 5.....BONUS!

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

I asked if you would go away if the Jags win. Will you still go away?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I asked if you would go away if the Jags win. Will you still go away?
Yes as soon as you pucker up and kiss my behind

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I'm not aware of to many people "picking" the jags to win? I know we all hoped but why the hell would anyone have picked us to win.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:I'm not aware of to many people "picking" the jags to win? I know we all hoped but why the hell would anyone have picked us to win.

They were getting 5.5 points for a home team against the Browns.

That's very tempting and I'm sure some people bit on it, and they got rewarded for it.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2014, 06:26 PM by Mowerguy.)

Quote:I'm not aware of to many people "picking" the jags to win? I know we all hoped but why the hell would anyone have picked us to win.

actually it was by 7...too many beers today... :woot:

http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top...ntry334147

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:Yes as soon as you pucker up and kiss my behind

For being absolutely and utterly wrong?

Ha.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Well I stated repeatedly that we would win, so...

Poor crows... but we won Big Grin

Quote:Well I stated repeatedly that we would win, so...

Are there two Biscuits here?

What about that post in what browns fans are saying?

Happy they won and scored more than 14 points but I ain't eatin any crow until i see consistency.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote: 

-Offensive Gameplan:  Why does this team just march down field in the 2 min offense but then don't keep playing it the rest of the game? Bortles seems to play better with stretching the field and finding the open receiver.  I thought we should play much more 2 min offense.

-Wasted timeouts: This can and will lose you tight games.
 just wanted to go on these two

bortles saw a lot of different looks today with the browns putting 6 or 7 at the line rushing 4 or 5 to keep him guessing. Thats why he burned the timeouts because those looks were part of what caused the picks. Added rookie qb, rookie centre rookie wideouts, sadly it's going to happen this season. 

As for the gameplan, the hurry up offense is much more difficult for each guy to know what route he is going to run and for wideouts is much more difficult to here as your further away. Not only does it put stress on bortles but also the wideouts hence why there were huddling up to help ensure everyone was set

i think we will use more uptempo as the year goes on and wouldn't be suprised to see us use mostly up tempo next year

Quote:Are there two Biscuits here?

What about that post in what browns fans are saying?

You know what they say about believing things you read on the internet.   :whistling:

I'm not a fan of crow...I prefer chicken! Tastes better fried!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:I'm not a fan of crow...I prefer chicken! Tastes better fried!

It's not really worth raven about.

Quote:It's not really worth raven about.

I see what you did there! Big Grin
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???