Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Most impressive part of today's win

When was the last time the team was able to over come 3 turnovers by the QB and get a win? 

That's what impressed me today, usually we can't overcome. Bortles had a rough game but the TEAM came together and got a win. THAT is impressive, props to all involved and let's hope we see more of that.

Just imagine if Bortles had a better game it would've been a blowout. For the first time this year you kind of got a glimpse of what we could become. Reminded me of the Ravens game in 2011, just this time I think we might be able to put it all together.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think this will probably go down as BB's worst game. He was pressing and trying too hard.

As you say, the impressive thing was that the team rallied and stood strong when he couldn't.

I think we need to give D Rob the start, and make Toby the short-distance back. I also think our defense is getting a lot better, and our D-Line is studly. Even our O-line did okay, we only gave up like two sacks.

"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

No way they go back to Gerhart I think it's D Rob's job to lose at this point. I noticed the oline looked better, was still some pressure but I'm not sure where it was coming from, I know the 1st pick was off a blitz Bortles just has to be better at seeing that stuff coming. 

I was happy that this week WE didn't have a cringeworthy coaching decision. Glad that's on the Browns this week.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

O-line finally played well in the running game enough to get it going.  

D-Line was lights out on the vast majority of snaps. ( <most impressed by them, personally)

Poz played great and Smith had a breakout performance. 

The team carried Bortles this time  -- and that bodes well. Major signs of life this week from previous problem areas. Young guys finding their groove.  

If Bortles can get a little smarter with the decision making and stop staring down receivers so much… this thing might start clicking. 

Not sure what Cleveland was doing, but Bortles did not look comfortable all day.  He had a bad game.  It happens even to the best.  I'm confident he will bounce back.

to me, that is the most impressive part. bortles seemed to play like crap and we smoked cleveland.

last week bortles played well and the tacks beat us.

its only one game, but it looks like this team is starting to come together. i hope the OC can be upgraded soon and next season we compete from day 1.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

^good to know.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Glad for the win,, but I think it was mostly the Browns just being a complete circus today. Their backup Center was a joke, their coaching was worse than what we have seen from Jax in the previous weeks, Hoyer was way off (pedestrian) today, and their D-line was basically a MASH unit with some practice squad players.

Jags D-line/front-7 played well. Jags running game looked worlds better (but against the MASH unit front, so we'll see if it can hold up).

O-line still allowed a lot of pressure from that Browns MASH unit.

Bortles looked terrible IMO. He did have a few really good Read-Option plays. But, otherwise he looked inaccurate and poor with decision making.

He's got a lot of mistakes to clean up to ever reach that "Elite" level. He's a rookie, I'm confident that he will.

If the Defensive front 7 can keep playing like they did today, and Bortles stops making the mistakes and improves accuracy, this team will definitely be competing every week, garnering wins along the way.

Quote:O-line finally played well in the running game enough to get it going.  

D-Line was lights out on the vast majority of snaps. ( <most impressed by them, personally)

Poz played great and Smith had a breakout performance. 

The team carried Bortles this time  -- and that bodes well. Major signs of life this week from previous problem areas. Young guys finding their groove.  

If Bortles can get a little smarter with the decision making and stop staring down receivers so much… this thing might start clicking. 

This plus..... they played as team. Defense was dominant.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

I noticed Gratz with tight coverage today.Didn't bite on the double move.Not sure if this belongs in the "most impressive part....",lol

I think there are 2 things that helped us win despite our rookie QB.

Denard Robinson and the D-Line.

Both played lights out!

We're a mash unit ourselves on all areas except Kicker. I'll take the win and hope it gives a tremendous morale boost so they can build on it

Quote:I think there are 2 things that helped us win despite our rookie QB.

Denard Robinson and the D-Line.

Both played lights out!

so i didnt get to see the game like i said but was denard that good or was it more bad defense by the browns?

was the OL finally blocking well?

should we expect that production on a regular basis?

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:so i didnt get to see the game like i said but was denard that good or was it more bad defense by the browns?

Drob looked better then any RB we've had in 2 years. 

Quote:so i didnt get to see the game like i said but was denard that good or was it more bad defense by the browns?

As a Jags fan, you should know better then to expect any kind of production on a regular basis, at least for as long as this team is as young as it is.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

I will say though,,, This win should give BB some confidence knowing that he doesn't have to carry the team on his shoulders alone. He played poorly,, but they still found a way to get it done.

That's a real good sign. BB won't play that poorly very often.

This was impressive too:

[Image: mc50ef.jpg]

Quote:This was impressive too:

[Image: mc50ef.jpg]

Do you think it finally clicked?
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Or was it because we were against a bad and injured run d?...