Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
seriously?!?

Week one into my self imposed exile of watching the game and we WIN?!?! I guess I need to not watch for the rest of the season!

How'd it look compared to the score? Complete beast mode or did the dookies "beat themselves?"

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We were the Better Team

Quote:Week one into my self imposed exile of watching the game and we WIN?!?! I guess I need to not watch for the rest of the season!

How'd it look compared to the score? Complete beast mode or did the dookies "beat themselves?"
They certainly didn't help themselves with a pair of 4th-quarter turnovers deep on their own side of the field, but we would've won 10-6 even without their help.

Quote:Week one into my self imposed exile of watching the game and we WIN?!?! I guess I need to not watch for the rest of the season!

The D looked good, the Puppies offense was a bit sloppy.  DRob > Slowby btw

The defense was on a different level. The offense was pathetic (except DRob). It was basically like a preseason game. 

Telvin Smith looks like a star

Bortles made some really boneheaded throws and the WRs struggled to get separation, but other than that the defense and running game were great.

Clay Harbor had a big play before halftime that was crucial for the first TD, too.

Defense went beast mode. Especially our front seven. Our offense was average. The running game was good but play calling was still an issue.

We were the tallest midget today.

We were the prettiest troll today.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

It certainly appeared as if the Jags just flat out wanted this win more than the browns. For a team that was a 5.5 point favorite they  (the browns) played poorly...

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2014, 05:23 PM by jagherd.)

Browns looked like a complete circus today.

-Terrible coaching (particularly going for it on 4th down when they could've gone up by 2 scores).

- Their backup Center was a nightmare (snapping the ball on that botched 4th down, when they were supposed to try and draw Jags offsides). He got manhandled today.

- The muffed punt at the 2 yard line was hilarious,, putting a guy back there that hadn't fielded a punt all day

- Hoyer looked very pedestrian,, especially with that terrible throw for INT that sealed the game.

- Their D-line was basically an ambulance squad. Most of their main guys were out with injury,, and they were playing guys off the practice squad (they still got good pressure though, besides that fact)

They were a hot mess today.

Any team facing a rookie QB that throws a bunch of terrible picks, should win fairly easily.

Kudos to the Jags D. They played very well (taking advantage of Mack's absence).

Bortles looked terrible, IMO. Yes, he's a rookie and will go through learning mistakes. But, other than a few Read-Option plays, he sucked. A lot of his passes were wobbly and inaccurate, His decision making was not very good, and it seemed he wasn't going through progressions correctly. He has a long way to go.

Quote:Browns looked like a complete circus today.

-Terrible coaching (particularly going for it on 4th down when they could've gone up by 2 scores).

- Their backup Center was a nightmare (snapping the ball on that botched 4th down, when they were supposed to try and draw Jags offsides). He got manhandled today.

- The muffed punt at the 2 yard line was hilarious,, putting a guy back there that hadn't fielded a punt all day

- Hoyer looked very pedestrian,, especially with that terrible throw for INT that sealed the game.

- Their D-line was basically an ambulance squad. Most of their main guys were out with injury,, and they were playing guys off the practice squad (they still got good pressure though, besides that fact)

Any team facing a rookie QB that throws a bunch of terrible picks, should win fairly easily.

Kudos to the Jags D. They played very well (taking advantage of Mack's absence).

Bortles looked terrible, IMO. Yes, he's a rookie and will go through learning mistakes. But, other than a few Read-Option plays, he sucked. A lot of his passes were wobbly and inaccurate, His decision making was not very good, and it seemed he wasn't going through progressions correctly. He has a long way to go.

It was awesome.

Quote:Browns looked like a complete circus today.

I agree with all of these things. ^  

I do, however, give the Jags O-line a little credit in the run game though even if against some back-ups.  There were consistent holes for Denard and they just looked a lot less dysfunctional in general. 

It was a win! I think DRob might see alot more playing time. The Defense was just clicking. We didn't get turn overs until late in the game tho, I wish we could have had more but I'll take it.

Bortles had a few good plays(to harbor and the TD to AR15) but he had two bad picks... One that should have been a run/first down/touchdown that I just didnt understand...

I heard DRob was a revelation at RB. Did he luck into runs or was the o line making holes? Ill take a win but im guessing the main question im asking is if it was enough to build off of today?

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Quote:I heard DRob was a revelation at RB. Did he luck into runs or was the o line making holes? Ill take a win but im guessing the main question im asking is if it was enough to build off of today?

He earned every yard he ran for.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:We were the tallest midget today.

We were the prettiest troll today.
the better smelling fart

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Good. Wait. Did Denard gain more yards in one game than Toby did all season??
Quote:He earned every yard he ran for.

I don't think those of us who stuck by the team and watched the game should be providing any information.

You gave up, missed the Jaguars best performance of the season and their first win. Sucks to be you.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

And yet, everyone is. Don't be salty.

Quote:the better smelling [BAD WORD REMOVED]

Oh dear.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.