Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Defense Has Risen

They won this game for us. Round of applause.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Balled Out

Yep they bailed Bortles poor play out

Notice no poor coverage by Cyp this game.

From everything I read the D played a complete game: coverage and pressure. Pressure into sacks and turnovers. Hope they keep it up. What, 4 sacks, 2FF, and a pick? Nicely done.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

The D made crucial stops on big downs nearly all game, especially after the INTs.

Way to stand tall D.

Game ball to all.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:From everything I read the D played a complete game: coverage and pressure. Pressure into sacks and turnovers. Hope they keep it up. What, 4 sacks, 2FF, and a pick? Nicely done.

They carried the offense

The D-Line was stifling.  The browns O shot themselves in the foot plenty, but the Jags D was relentless nonetheless. The browns may have made them look slightly better than they were  at times, but there was still a nice step forward taken on the defensive side of the ball by the Jags today. 

Quote:Notice no poor coverage by Cyp this game.

That's been the norm this season.

He shut down Gates.

Looks like they really put it all together today.  The D-line was a monster vs. the run, but the back end covered well, too.

Telvin Smith showed his speed big time.  He looks like a steal in the 5th round.  Great game all around for him.

Major props to Denard Robinson.  He believed in himself and may have become an NFL running back today. 

Bortles took another step today.  The mistakes continue, but they are different mistakes every time.  He will be okay.  His INTs were not costly today because the D bailed him out. 

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2014, 06:37 PM by Mowerguy.)

Different team than I saw against the squealers.....the Jags today would have destroyed them.

Our D was awesome today! Crowd was into it and the boards I think did a mind game on the brownies.

Right at a major third and long for them the whole stadium turned flaming blue, the big boards, the perimeters everything!

Crowd got into it and the browns just buckled.

Loved it!

from NFL.com 

"Cleveland, which entered the game with the league's third-best rushing attack, was held in check. The Browns ran 30 times for 69 yards."

This says it all.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

The defense today reminded me of the 05-06 defense. They were nasty today. The stadium was keeping them juiced... it was rocking!
No commercial messages in sigs

the d has been outstanding last three weeks. waiting on the o to dial it in (and they will). special teams is average.please ace , do more

Seattle South !!!

Lets keep in mind it was against a guy who is arguably a backup caliber QB in the NFL. Hoyer missed Cameron for an easy score and another scoring opportunity as well.

I am happy with where our defense is heading, but we aren't there yet.

The D refused to let the Browns convert 3rd down

Telvin Smith is going to be good.

Quote:Seattle South !!!

Seattle's D this year has looked pretty average.

Quote:Seattle's D this year has looked pretty average.

I figured that much by the 1 point they got me in FF today.

[Image: audience.gif]

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]