Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mike McCoy a candidate for Jags OC positions per Michael Silver

What are those books/programs that teach you to learn foreign languages?  Rosetta Stone?

TTR needs that for English.  It's getting worse.

Have you seen my baseball?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Michael Silver just confirmed his report from last night in regards to McCoy possibly being an option for the Jags

https://twitter.com/MikeSilver/status/81...wsrc%5Etfw

Quote:What the [BAD WORD REMOVED] does that even mean?

Quote:OMG...lol

Quote:No substance.

This board is great sometimes. 

Teal Time Radio needs to learn how the real world works, especially the coaching world.  Those guys work together in close quarters on a daily basis and gameplan every single week.  If they hate each other it's going to affect the product.  You don't fit the square peg into the round hole.  There has to be some sort of agreement. 

Same thing with free agents and draft picks.  If one guy stands up and says I'm the boss, we do what I say!  Then everyone else revolts and the product suffers.

Quote:Michael Silver just confirmed his report from last night in regards to McCoy possibly being an option for the Jags
<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/MikeSilver/status/819274709388783618?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw'>https://twitter.com/MikeSilver/status/819274709388783618?ref_src=twsrc^tfw</a>
Pardon the lack of substance, but, damn! Make it happen TC

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2017, 04:26 PM by Jags.)

Quote:Teal Time Radio needs to learn how the real world works, especially the coaching world. Those guys work together in close quarters on a daily basis and gameplan every single week. If they hate each other it's going to affect the product. You don't fit the square peg into the round hole. There has to be some sort of agreement.

Same thing with free agents and draft picks. If one guy stands up and says I'm the boss, we do what I say! Then everyone else revolts and the product suffers.
Maybe I didn't read the whole thread (or unable to), do Marrone and McCoy not likey each others?

Edit: Forgot. To add random. Periods.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/BrentASJax'>Brent Martineau ‏@BrentASJax </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/BrentASJax/status/819276385789349888' title="5:14 PM - 11 Jan 2017">17m17 minutes ago</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);font-size:1px;">Brent Martineau Retweeted Michael Silver

<p class="" style="font-size:26px;">No doubt jags are exploring because Hackett would have already been named or word would be out.

<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);font-size:1px;">Brent Martineau added,

<div>
<div>
<div>
<div>
<div><b>Michael Silver</b> <span>@MikeSilver</span>
As I reported last night, potential McCoy options include Broncos, Jags and Bills (if McDermott gets the HC job)...
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

<div style="font-size:1px;"><span style="color:rgb(170,184,194);font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;margin-left:6px;"><span>5 replies</span></span><span style="color:rgb(170,184,194);font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;margin-left:6px;"><span>2 retweets</span></span><span style="color:rgb(170,184,194);font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;margin-left:6px;"><span>2 likes</span></span>

<div>
<div>Reply

<span>5</span>
</div>

<div>Retweet

<span>2</span>
</div>

<div>
<div>
<div> 
</div>
Lik </div>
</div>

<div>
<div>More
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

No, teal time radio is saying that even if Marrone wants Hackett to be the OC Coughlin will just go ahead and hire McCoy anyway because he's the head guy and that's what he wants to do.  Not taking into account the whole "team work" aspect that coaches need to have as well to make things work.

If the Jaguars are going after McCoy, I'm sure they have a plan in place for Hackett and while he may not like not being the OC, Marrone knows having McCoy can only help the team.

Quote:No, teal time radio is saying that even if Marrone wants Hackett to be the OC Coughlin will just go ahead and hire McCoy anyway because he's the head guy and that's what he wants to do.  Not taking into account the whole "team work" aspect that coaches need to have as well to make things work.

If the Jaguars are going after McCoy, I'm sure they have a plan in place for Hackett and while he may not like not being the OC, Marrone knows having McCoy can only help the team.
Ok, thanks. That saves me a lot of time trying to decipher some of those posts.

If not Mccoy, Norv Turner should be a option.

McCoy is an amazing play caller, he also knows how to call plays to fit his personal 

Hackett can stay and work with Blake, but McCoy will get the most out of Blake, he will call plays to fit his strengths 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:No, teal time radio is saying that even if Marrone wants Hackett to be the OC Coughlin will just go ahead and hire McCoy anyway because he's the head guy and that's what he wants to do.  Not taking into account the whole "team work" aspect that coaches need to have as well to make things work.

Hopefully Marrone doesn't cause problems because he cant choose "his guys". That means TC wants Wash to be DC

New Jersey Jaguars fan.

Quote:If not Mccoy, Norv Turner should be a option.
Not a big fan of Norv at all.

Honestly, IDC if it's a big name or not. Just get a guy in here that adjusts his scheme to fit players strengths and I'm good with it. 

TBH, McCoy isn't a great fit for what Blake's strengths are. He is more about a QB that sits in the pocket and goes downfield a lot. Blake needs to get out of the pocket and on the run more. I guess we'll see, but this sure makes me feel good that we aren't just doing the status quo and we are actually looking into options even if Hackett and Wash are likely the coordinators. We are looking at our options.

Surely trumps what a lot of people were saying with Marrone being hired. He knows this team needs to be solid next year and he isn't just giving anyone a job. He's constructing a staff he wants and thinks will succeed regardless of whether you like Hackett, Wash, etc.

Quote:Not a big fan of Norv at all.

Honestly, IDC if it's a big name or not. Just get a guy in here that adjusts his scheme to fit players strengths and I'm good with it.

TBH, McCoy isn't a great fit for what Blake's strengths are. He is more about a QB that sits in the pocket and goes downfield a lot. Blake needs to get out of the pocket and on the run more. I guess we'll see, but this sure makes me feel good that we aren't just doing the status quo and we are actually looking into options even if Hackett and Wash are likely the coordinators. We are looking at our options.

Mike McCoy (like most effective coordinators) will adjust his scheme to his talents strengths. I doubt the Jags would be interested in a guy who's going to force a square peg down a round hole.

I am hoping Coughlin gives him some leeway on choosing his staff.  I think there's so much ambiguity on how things are going to be handled.  I don't even know if the press conference will tell the whole story. 

How much will Coughlin have his hands on game planning?  Free agency?  Picks?  Etc...it will be an interesting adjustment.

Quote:Surely trumps what a lot of people were saying with Marrone being hired. He knows this team needs to be solid next year and he isn't just giving anyone a job. He's constructing a staff he wants and thinks will succeed regardless of whether you like Hackett, Wash, etc.

IF he actually has a choice in the matter and it isn't TC telling him what to do.

New Jersey Jaguars fan.

The greatest staff ever assembled of ex coaches

hc Marrone
oc McCoy
dc Rex Ryan

Quote:The greatest staff ever assembled of ex coaches

hc Marrone

oc McCoy

dc Rex Ryan

I highly rate Rex Ryan as a DC not so much as a HC. But it is too bad we are getting stuck with Wash Sad

New Jersey Jaguars fan.

Quote:The greatest staff ever assembled of ex coaches

hc Marrone

oc McCoy

dc Rex Ryan

Rex Ryan is not a good coach, evidenced by his stubbornness over the years to adjust his scheme to fit his defenses talent, Rex is a big name (and mouth) and that's it.