Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Officially Optimistic Thread of Optimism! ... And the game or whatever***

Let's try something new, let's unite as a fanbase and throw logic out the window, let's be extremely optimistic and hope that our combined powers of optimisims will make thw jaguars win woooooo go jagz

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'll get it started, 35-3 jags dominate the cleveland clowns

I am optimistic about the Jaguars winning, but think it is important to be realistic. What you are doing is setting yourself up for disappointment when we play another close game.

We don't get blown out

Quote:We don't get blown out

Good one.

Quote:I'll get it started, 35-3 jags dominate the cleveland clowns
[Image: giphy.gif]

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2014, 01:31 AM by Swaguars.)

Quote:I am optimistic about the Jaguars winning, but think it is important to be realistic. What you are doing is setting yourself up for disappointment when we play another close game.
why do women have to ruin stuff with things like being realistic or using logic, pfft

They got this. In a couple days we'll be talking about the 1-6 Jaguars.

'02

Alright, I'll be overly optimistic.

Jags vs Browns -- Trap game for the Browns, especially without Alex Mack.  The Jags manage to squeak out a win 28-24, with Bortles throwing for 3 TD's.  (Storm gets the other one)

Jaguars vs Dolphins -- Ryan Tannehill is stuck, and their defense struggles against our receivers, who start to have things click.  The o-line starts to 'gel', and the Jags manage to win 21-14, putting the Jags at 2-6.

Jaguars @ Bengals - We lose this one, but it's closer than most expect, as the Bengals win 28-14.  Putting us at 2-7.

vs Dallas - We pull a major upset when Romo ROMOS it up in London, as our team gets 3 interceptions, and we win in the highest scoring game of our season: 42-35.  Bortles throws for 4 TD's for the first time here.

@ Colts - Another upset, as Luck has a bad game against our improved defense with Aaron Colvin out there.  It's a very close one, but Jags win in overtime 31-28.  Jags get a field goal after Luck throws an INT in overtime after they start with the ball.  Jags now 4-7.

vs Giants - Giants continue their struggles, and Jags win 28-10.  One of our best wins of the season, and puts us at 5-7, with more wins than the year before.

vs Texans - JJ Watt is out, and we manhandle Ryan Fitzpatrick, Jags win 30-14.

@ Ravens - Ravens continue to play hard, but wind up making a crucial mistake in a 20-17 win.

vs Titans - We get our revenge, as our team now gelling takes advantage, and STOMPS the tacks in our first blowout in a long time, 42-14.  

@ Texans - Watt still out, Jags roll 21-20, and finish 9-7

We end up holding the tiebreaker over the Ravens and Chiefs, and grab the 2nd wildcard.

PLAYOFFS!

Wildcard Weekend: @ Bengals -- Bengals choke as they usually do in the playoffs, and the Jags win 20-7.

Divisional Weekend: @ Denver -- Peyton chokes, as the game goes into DOUBLE OVERTIME, with theJags winning 38-35.  A 55 yard field goal by scobee puts us in the Championship Weekend

Conference Championship: Jags @ New England Patriots

Brady has a bad game, Gronk is out, and it's a snowy game where Bortles still manages to keep his accuracy high.  Nobody expects it, and the Jags win a low scoring game 17-10.

SUPER BOWL: Jacksonville Jaguars vs Philadelphia Eagles.  In a repeat of the first game of the season, the Jags go out 17-0 in the first half, but don't pull out the stops, and keep it going, as they win 34-21.  

-Bortles named Rookie of the Year

-Allen Hurns breaks Randy Moss's rookie reception TD record

-Our O-line figures things out, and Storm Johnson provides us a running game we haven't seen in years.

-Colvin is in talks for DROTY, but just misses it.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

The Title is Epic

Quote:Alright, I'll be overly optimistic.

Jags vs Browns -- Trap game for the Browns, especially without Alex Mack.  The Jags manage to squeak out a win 28-24, with Bortles throwing for 3 TD's.  (Storm gets the other one)

Jaguars vs Dolphins -- Ryan Tannehill is stuck, and their defense struggles against our receivers, who start to have things click.  The o-line starts to 'gel', and the Jags manage to win 21-14, putting the Jags at 2-6.

Jaguars @ Bengals - We lose this one, but it's closer than most expect, as the Bengals win 28-14.  Putting us at 2-7.

vs Dallas - We pull a major upset when Romo ROMOS it up in London, as our team gets 3 interceptions, and we win in the highest scoring game of our season: 42-35.  Bortles throws for 4 TD's for the first time here.

@ Colts - Another upset, as Luck has a bad game against our improved defense with Aaron Colvin out there.  It's a very close one, but Jags win in overtime 31-28.  Jags get a field goal after Luck throws an INT in overtime after they start with the ball.  Jags now 4-7.

vs Giants - Giants continue their struggles, and Jags win 28-10.  One of our best wins of the season, and puts us at 5-7, with more wins than the year before.

@ Ravens - Ravens continue to play hard, but wind up making a crucial mistake in a 20-17 win.

vs Titans - We get our revenge, as our team now gelling takes advantage, and STOMPS the tacks in our first blowout in a long time, 42-14.  

We end up holding the tiebreaker over the Ravens and Chiefs, and grab the 2nd wildcard.

PLAYOFFS!

Wildcard Weekend: @ Bengals -- Bengals choke as they usually do in the playoffs, and the Jags win 20-7.

Divisional Weekend: @ Denver -- Peyton chokes, as the game goes into DOUBLE OVERTIME, with theJags winning 38-35.  A 55 yard field goal by scobee puts us in the Championship Weekend

Brady has a bad game, Gronk is out, and it's a snowy game where Bortles still manages to keep his accuracy high.  Nobody expects it, and the Jags win a low scoring game 17-10.

SUPER BOWL: Jacksonville Jaguars vs Philadelphia Eagles.  In a repeat of the first game of the season, the Jags go out 17-0 in the first half, but don't pull out the stops, and keep it going, as they win 34-21.  

-Our O-line figures things out, and Storm Johnson provides us a running game we haven't seen in years.

We can do without this sort of negativity.

How can you say Colvin misses out on the Defensive Rookie of the Year award ?

Ridiculous.

Quote:The Title is Epic

It is Officially Epically Optimistic indeed.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I am optimistic about the Jaguars winning, but think it is important to be realistic. What you are doing is setting yourself up for disappointment when we play another close game.

There is no disappointment allowed in here, so get that out of here.

Just overly epic optimism at it's Jags finest allowed.

This might be the only place in the entire world that you will find it, so embrace it and have some fun with it.

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2014, 08:26 AM by C'MON JAGS.)

PLAYOFFS!

Winner, but you forgot to mention that Scobee kicks us into a free sub in every one of those games.

And that Gus wins coach of the year.

Excuse me while I pass out from all the excitement.

We shall accept nothing less than a blowout and complete domination over the browns, let them know whos house they are in

PLAYOFFS!

Well, you certainly stayed in the spirit of the thread.  That was surreal.

Well The Eleventh Doctor just became my favorite poster and had the best post ever. You sir win. As will the Jags!

Jags vs Browns -- Trap game for the Browns, especially without Alex Mack. The Jags manage to squeak out a win 28-24, with Bortles throwing for 3 TD's. (Storm gets the other one)

Jaguars vs Dolphins -- Ryan Tannehill is stuck, and their defense struggles against our receivers, who start to have things click. The o-line starts to 'gel', and the Jags manage to win 21-14, putting the Jags at 2-6.

Jaguars @ Bengals - We lose this one, but it's closer than most expect, as the Bengals win 28-14. Putting us at 2-7.

vs Dallas - We pull a major upset when Romo ROMOS it up in London, as our team gets 3 interceptions, and we win in the highest scoring game of our season: 42-35. Bortles throws for 4 TD's for the first time here.

@ Colts - Another upset, as Luck has a bad game against our improved defense with Aaron Colvin out there. It's a very close one, but Jags win in overtime 31-28. Jags get a field goal after Luck throws an INT in overtime after they start with the ball. Jags now 4-7.

vs Giants - Giants continue their struggles, and Jags win 28-10. One of our best wins of the season, and puts us at 5-7, with more wins than the year before.

PLAYOFFS!

Divisional Weekend: @ Denver -- Peyton chokes, as the game goes into DOUBLE OVERTIME, with theJags winning 38-35. A 55 yard field goal by scobee puts us in the Championship Weekend

Brady has a bad game, Gronk is out, and it's a snowy game where Bortles still manages to keep his accuracy high. Nobody expects it, and the Jags win a low scoring game 17-10.

SUPER BOWL: Jacksonville Jaguars vs Philadelphia Eagles. In a repeat of the first game of the season, the Jags go out 17-0 in the first half, but don't pull out the stops, and keep it going, as they win 34-21.

Thank you for your work sir

This is crazy. I like how snowwolf and 11th Dr are calling for a winning streak to conclude the season with a Playoff birth, but let's be somewhat realistic here. Those last three road games at the Colts, at the Ravens and at the Texans project to be absolutely brutal. Maybe the Texans take it easy week 17 if they're Playoff bound or in a mood to tank the game, but I just don't see this team having any chance at the Colts or at the Ravens with the offensive running game anywhere near what it is.

It would also be a massive upset to win the London game as it would likely take a 40-burger on offense, however, I've been thinking the Jaguars may have an edge in that game by being more accustomed with the trip to Europe and what that entails. At any rate, taking away two of the wins down the stretch from this overly optimistic prediction already puts them down to 7-9 which matches my Preseason prediction, however, even this is not truly realistic anymore. For Gus to avoid the hot seat he likely needs to top last year's record meaning a 5-11 finish, and that means only losing two additional games. In my opinion, this is the best they could hope for but it would certainly entail a win over the Browns, a miracle win somewhere plus somehow stealing a win like perhaps in week 17 at the Texans.

'02

You break my heart Jags02 Sad Let us DREAM!