Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How long it would take for a QB to catch up to Manning's TD record

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/a-look-at-p...21193.html

It would take Chad Henne 49 more years of playing in the NFL by the year 2063 in order to make it to 500+ TD's. It would take Josh McCown until the year 2117, or roughly 101 years in order to make it to 500+ TD's.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Blake Bortles

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

It depends on how many more rule changes the NFL makes to favor the passing game.

In 20 years, 500 TDs may be considered just a solid career.

Quote:It depends on how many more rule changes the NFL makes to favor the passing game.

In 20 years, 500 TDs may be considered just a solid career.season

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:It depends on how many more rule changes the NFL makes to favor the passing game.

In 20 years, 500 TDs may be considered just a solid career.

What rule was changed? Can you name it?

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2014, 01:48 AM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Achilles already addressed that question and you proceeded to ignore his answer. So why are you asking the question again unless your only motive is to troll?

Quote:What rule was changed? Can you name it?

If you can't see the differences in the passing game from as early as 2000 onward, then there really isn't any point telling you, is there?

I already posted what it will take for Blake to catch Peyton Manning in TD/ yardage totals....

It would take 15 years of Blake averaging 273 yards passing per game, and tossing 2 TD per game....

Doesn't seem like that diffcult to do when you put it in that context. 

Quote:I already posted what it will take for Blake to catch Peyton Manning in TD/ yardage totals....

It would take 15 years of Blake averaging 273 yards passing per game, and tossing 2 TD per game....

Doesn't seem like that diffcult to do when you put it in that context. 

true but longevity is the name of the game. if blake plays for 15 years at a high level then we have a lot of good things coming to us in the future.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Hell, if he plays at a high level for TEN years we have a lot of good things to look forward to.

Quote:true but longevity is the name of the game. if blake plays for 15 years at a high level then we have a lot of good things coming to us in the future.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

So what you're saying is, there's still a chance

[Image: 9zoRO8b.gif]

Quote:Achilles already addressed that question and you proceeded to ignore his answer. So why are you asking the question again unless your only motive is to troll?

No rule was changed. Just an emphasis on calling the existing rules. But more to that point you are blaming it on one cause, when there are multiple reasons for the Star Wars numbers.

Keep in mind that's for his current numbers that will only get higher
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

510 is very impressive, especially considering the time it took him to get there. I wouldn't be surprised if Manning eventually gets over 600 or even 650+ if his body let's him play long enough.

With rules being changed in the offense's favor, I wonder if it will be likely or easier for other QBs to achieve those numbers. I don't see many QBs that could break it right now. Perhaps, Andrew Luck.

Consider the top ten on the list of quarterbacks all time passing TD's.  Only three are still active players, those being Peyton, Drew Brees and Tom Brady.  Brady and Brees could both possibly surpass Dan Marino at the #3 spot, but that's just 420 touchdowns.  I don't think that either will even break the 500 mark.   :blink:

Like him or hate him, what Peyton Manning has accomplished is remarkable.

Then look at the other names in the top ten.  This brings back many memories.  I remember watching each of these guys play, though I was pretty young when Unitas was in his prime.

6.  Fran Tarkenton  -  342

7.  John Elway  -  300

8.  Warren Moon  -  291

9.  Johnny Unitas  -  290

10. Vinny Testaverde  -  275

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Consider the top ten on the list of quarterbacks all time passing TD's.  Only three are still active players, those being Peyton, Drew Brees and Tom Brady.  Brady and Brees could both possibly surpass Dan Marino at the #3 spot, but that's just 420 touchdowns.  I don't think that either will even break the 500 mark.   :blink:

Then look at the other names in the top ten.  This brings back many memories.  I remember watching each of these guys play, though I was pretty young when Unitas was in his prime.

7.  John Elway  -  300

8.  Warren Moon  -  291

Agreed, I don't see either Brees or Brady doing it. The only player I see now that could possibly do it is A. Luck.

Other than that, I think the eventual record breaker hasn't made it in the NFL yet.

Quote:Consider the top ten on the list of quarterbacks all time passing TD's.  Only three are still active players, those being Peyton, Drew Brees and Tom Brady.  Brady and Brees could both possibly surpass Dan Marino at the #3 spot, but that's just 420 touchdowns.  I don't think that either will even break the 500 mark.   :blink:

7.  John Elway  -  300

8.  Warren Moon  -  291

That is hard to believe that Vinny Testaverde is on that list. He seemed like such a mediocre QB. 

Quote:That is hard to believe that Vinny Testaverde is on that list. He seemed like such a mediocre QB. 

That was back in the day when the NFL was "pass happy" and the rules were made to reflect that.  :thumbsup:

Check out the rest of the list.  It's amazing how quickly the number drops from 500+ into the 200's.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Most impressive QB consider the era alone.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Where is Tom Brady on this list if he didn't spend the first half of his career throwing to nobodies like Deion Branch, David Givens, and David Patten?