Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Survivor Pool help, please

Am very much in the running in my pool, which has a winner-take-all pot of $96k...........this week, I'm considering the Bills at home versus a crappy Minnesota team, or a bad-break Washington at home versus a crappy Tennessee team.

Was also considering taking Baltimore at home against Atlanta, but I'd like to save the Ravens for down the road if possible.

(And, no, I'd rather not take Cleveland........the Jags are simply due)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Buffalo and Washington can't be trusted. The safe pick is Baltimore. I have found if you try to get too cute early, you will probably be eliminated early.

Are these the only 4 games you can pick? 

If you've gotten this far why are you second guessing yourself now? And you choose to come here for help? Lol.

Expect to loose this week.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Dislike both of those picks. Check out the fantasy section and my thread "week 4 survivor".

I run a survivor pool at my business and my advice is don't save a team because you may not get to them. Take the best option every week.

Regards....................the Chiefjag

Thanks, fellas.......Stroud, you were right........the safe and correct pick was Baltimore.  However, I chose Washington and had to sit through a nail-biter and a last second win.  

Survive and advance.  Started with 350 entries and we're now down under 50.  We'll see.

That is solid you got to use WAS and still got a win. What is the league you play in with a jackpot like that?

My league had 124 entries at $20 each. Winner takes all. We are down to 10 people.

There was a league I was in years ago with like a 100K jackpot. You could buy in as many times at the beginning of the season as you wanted for $50 a team. It was some weird league with an odd URL that I got from a buddy. I lost the URL when I reformatted my PC and nobody I know knows it anymore. I have a feeling this is the same league the OP is referring to. 

Quote:Buffalo and Washington can't be trusted. The safe pick is Baltimore. I have found if you try to get too cute early, you will probably be eliminated early.

Are these the only 4 games you can pick? 

Thats who I took (Ravens)

It was an easy win after a couple scares the past couple weeks when I took the Packers vs Miami and the Saints vs the Bucs

Quote:I run a survivor pool at my business and my advice is don't save a team because you may not get to them. Take the best option every week.

Regards....................the Chiefjag

I wish I would have had the stones to take Jax yesterday.....

However, the Jaguars actually may be a favorable option as the season goes on. 

Quote:I wish I would have had the stones to take Jax yesterday.....

However, the Jaguars actually may be a favorable option as the season goes on. 

It's gonna be hard to pick them, but at some point in your survivor life, you are going to have to pick a questionable team and just hope it is their week.

Quote:Thats who I took (Ravens)

It was an easy win after a couple scares the past couple weeks when I took the Packers vs Miami and the Saints vs the Bucs

Who do you have this upcoming week?

Dallas for me.

It's just a local thing up here in Hampton Roads, VA.......about 350 entrants putting in $300 each, winner take all.

Dallas is the absolute obvious choice this week.  That is a lock, and I'll bet the spread hits double-digits before the end of the week.  Unfortunately, I can't use Dallas because I used them when they crushed New Orleans a few weeks ago.......................so, the next best bet looks like New England at home against Chicago.  Haven't decided yet. 

For other survivor pool-ists, I've found a great resource to be the segment on the Colin Cowherd show where RJ Bell from Vegas Wise Guys comes on every Friday at 12:45.  Lotsa good insight.