Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I-Phone 6 plus

I'm currently considering upgrading my phone thru T-Mobile's jump program. Right now I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and I'm a bit intrigued by the IP6+. As an avid android user (although I do have an IPad Air) is this the phone that should make me consider switching to the dark side?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

love the fact that you can put the i6 in the microwave to obtain a full charge.

Quote:love the fact that you can put the i6 in the microwave to obtain a full charge.

I heard about that. Gotta love "wireless charging".
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I have, and LOVE, the 6. I debated the plus, but once I finally saw and held it, I felt it was just too big. I like to pocket the phone and I couldn't with that giant thing. It's pretty, but just so big! In this case, size mattered.

Too damn big IMO, I know a lot of people have problems holding it in their hand to type and having their thumb be able to hit all the buttons.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2014, 06:39 PM by enigma.)

Quote:I have, and LOVE, the 6. I debated the plus, but once I finally saw and held it, I felt it was just too big. I like to pocket the phone and I couldn't with that giant thing. It's pretty, but just so big! In this case, size mattered.
That's what she said.

Now I'm facing an even bigger dilemma (pun intended). I just saw that the Nexus 6 is being released next month and it boasts an even bigger screen at 6 inches. It looks like the "phablet" craze is here to stay.

Quote:Now I'm facing an even bigger dilemma (pun intended). I just saw that the Nexus 6 is being released next month and it boasts an even bigger screen at 6 inches. It looks like the "phablet" craze is here to stay.

If you're already an Android guy I'd go with the Nexus.

Quote:If you're already an Android guy I'd go with the Nexus.

If people are complaining about how big the 6+ is then the Nexus may not be for me.

Quote:If people are complaining about how big the 6+ is then the Nexus may not be for me.

Oh, I meant between the two, if you go the BIG route.

Ok I need some more posters opinions on the 6+.

I don't get the appeal of big phones like these! You walk around looking like you got an Ipad stuck to your ear!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:I don't get the appeal of big phones like these! You walk around looking like you got an Ipad stuck to your ear!!

Unfortunately all of the major phone manufacturers are leaning toward the "phablet" trend. Just a few years ago everyone was trying to make the smallest of small phones, now everyone has reversed trend and wants the biggest phones possible. I feel like I'm re-living the 90's. Wallbash

Quote:Unfortunately all of the major phone manufacturers are leaning toward the "phablet" trend. Just a few years ago everyone was trying to make the smallest of small phones, now everyone has reversed trend and wants the biggest phones possible. I feel like I'm re-living the 90's. Wallbash

I know!! They gonna bring back those 20 pound flip phones too? Lol

I've got small hands, I can't hold those huge phones for long without starting to get a hand cramp!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:I don't get the appeal of big phones like these! You walk around looking like you got an Ipad stuck to your ear!!

I don't either, I have a friend with that Note S4 laptop, and we tease him mercilessly about the damn thing.

Personally, if it won't fit in my shirt pocket, no dice!

I like my iPhone 4 plan on keeping it forever
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

The phones are bigger to accommodate larger, more durable batteries. Instead of thickness and density, phone manufacturers have gone with increased area. It also gives consumers a greater variety of size choices. I have an older Windows phone with a fairly small screen. Sometime in the future I plan on upgrading to a considerably larger phone.

They should make a solar panel on the back of these dang things. I could probably power my house on it.

Quote:If people are complaining about how big the 6+ is then the Nexus may not be for me.

youll get used to the bigger size after a little bit and you wont ever be able to go back to the smaller modeled phones.

if youre used to android, youre not going to want to switch to apple products. besides the fact that the 6+ bends and breaks, the 6+ is just catching up to features you could get all the way back with the nexus 4.

the nexus 6 with the new version of android and the new material design is going to be the way to go for t mobile.

now if you dont want something THAT big. the new moto X is really nice and is essentially the same as the nexus 6 spec wise, with a 5.2inch screen,  but doesnt come with android lollipop natively. it would be an OTA update.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

I was thinking about jumping up as well with T-Mobile. I would still stick with the Samsung Galaxy though. This is maybe the fourth phone I've had in eight years. I had two Motorolas RAZRs when flip phones were still the style, and then the first Samsung I got was the Galaxy. I've liked them ever since. My dad is a big fan of the HTC though.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."