Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Orlando, Daytona, and surrounding areas showing Dolphins this week

Quote:Thats why i really hope the dolphins get blown out and we do ok

Like they say winning fixes everything, though for now I completely see why they viewed the Miami game as more attractive than the Jacksonville game. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:It's all the Orlando Broadcast station, if your south of St. Johns County your local channels are Orlando. And the Orlando Broadcasting CBS station has said they'll never show a Jags game their not contractually forced to show, which is the away games as a secondary market. So unless the Jags become a powerhouse and become really popular Orlando Stations are not going to show any Jags home games.

They've been showing them this year up until this week.

Quote:They've been showing them this year up until this week.

So why not this week?

Quote:I know it sucks. I have to endure this crap every week. They've only showed 1 Jag game in Pensacola this season.

FINALLY! I see others just as P.O.ed as I am about this situation! Btw, CSO14 I'm in Panama City Beach! We're neighbors! Yeah it sucks not seeing the games on TV! Especially noon games because I have a spine injury & it's very hard for me to get ready & out to a bar to watch by then. Plus, I like hearing the game, which is impossible at a noisy bar where I'm the only one watching the Jags game.

Quote:They've been showing them this year up until this week.

That's extremely odd, this is the first year I haven't been stuck with Orlando stations since 2004 (we moved north to Putnam County). I almost never caught Jags home games on TV. I know the Orlando station showed it one week this year because Miami's game was at 4:00 but usually if it's a Jags home game and Miami is playing you'll get the Miami game. there was a couple years they didn't even show the Jags at home while Miami was on a bye week.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:That's extremely odd, this is the first year I haven't been stuck with Orlando stations since 2004 (we moved north to Putnam County). I almost never caught Jags home games on TV. I know the Orlando station showed it one week this year because Miami's game was at 4:00 but usually if it's a Jags home game and Miami is playing you'll get the Miami game. there was a couple years they didn't even show the Jags at home while Miami was on a bye week.

How close is Putnam County to Jacksonville?

First game they havent showed. The team is 0-6 and their season is over. Why show em?

Good thing I'm making the drive from Orlando to be there...

Quote:First game they havent showed. The team is 0-6 and their season is over. Why show them?

Because our starting quarterback is an Orlando area native and UCF graduate.

Quote:You have to admit, you really haven't missed anything so far this year!   
Exactly. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Because our starting quarterback is an Orlando area native and UCF graduate.
So what? They have way more fans of other teams in this city than Jaguars fans. They were apologizing just last year for having to show our away games, now you want them to show all 16? Get real.

Quote:So what? They have way more fans of other teams in this city than Jaguars fans. They were apologizing just last year for having to show our away games, now you want them to show all 16? Get real.

If Orando is closer to Jacksonville than Miami, that TV market has it backwards. They should always show the closest AFC team when forced to choose.

Quote:If Orando is closer to Jacksonville than Miami, that TV market has it backwards. They should always show the closest AFC team when forced to choose.
Orlando has been a Miami town for decades.  The Jaguars have been around for 20 years.  There's a reason that market is difficult to tap into.  The station is showing the games their viewers want to see when they have the ability to do so.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Orlando has been a Miami town for decades.  The Jaguars have been around for 20 years.  There's a reason that market is difficult to tap into.  The station is showing the games their viewers want to see when they have the ability to do so.
Pretty much. On top of that nobody outside of the Jaguars fanbase wants to see a team that hasn't won a game already out of contention for the playoffs.

Quote:Orlando has been a Miami town for decades.  The Jaguars have been around for 20 years.  There's a reason that market is difficult to tap into.  The station is showing the games their viewers want to see when they have the ability to do so.

But now more people in Orando will want to watch the Jaguars because of the quarterback. Someday that CBS station down there will learn people would rather see Blake Bortles than Ryan Tannehill.

Quote:But now more people in Orando will want to watch the Jaguars because of the quarterback. Someday that CBS station down there will learn people would rather see Blake Bortles than Ryan Tannehill.
The overwhelming majority of people in Orlando couldn't care one iota less about Blake Bortles.  The local station confirms that with their choices. 

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2014, 07:54 PM by D6.)

Unless the NFL schedule changes,   Week # 7 is one out of two times in 2014 that the Jaguars are at home at the same time the Dolphins are playing in the same time slot in a different game on CBS.   The other being,  Week # 14.   That week,  the Jaguars host the Houston Texans.    Baltimore is at Miami.    I'll be very surprised if the Orlando CBS station doesn't choose the Baltimore at Miami game.  

On a more positive note for Jaguars fans in Orlando,   I do believe that the FOX station will telecast the Dallas vs. Jacksonville game in London in the same time slot Atlanta is at Tampa Bay.    With the way the Bucs season is going,  combined with the Cowboys being the Jaguars opponent,   right now it's hard to envision the Dallas vs. Jacksonville game not being the choice unless the FOX station decides it will show the Bucs when given the opportunity regardless of the circumstance.

Thank you Al Gore for the internet. 

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Inb4 they dont show the dolphins nxt week

Quote:Because our starting quarterback is an Orlando area native and UCF graduate.

That's not enough to keep showing a team that has been blownout in all but 1 game this season.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.