Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Orlando, Daytona, and surrounding areas showing Dolphins this week

Quote:Unless the NFL schedule changes,   Week # 7 is one out of two times in 2014 that the Jaguars are at home at the same time the Dolphins are playing in the same time slot in a different game on CBS.   The other being,  Week # 14.   That week,  the Jaguars host the Houston Texans.    Baltimore is at Miami.    I'll be very surprised if the Orlando CBS station doesn't choose the Baltimore at Miami game.  

On a more positive note for Jaguars fans in Orlando,   I do believe that the FOX station will telecast the Dallas vs. Jacksonville game in London in the same time slot Atlanta is at Tampa Bay.    With the way the Bucs season is going,  combined with the Cowboys being the Jaguars opponent,   right now it's hard to envision the Dallas vs. Jacksonville game not being the choice unless the FOX station decides it will show the Bucs when given the opportunity regardless of the circumstance.

Wouldnt be surpised if the Cowgirlsissies vs Jags game gets a wide audience. Fox has the doubleheader that week.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2014, 09:40 PM by badger.)

I dont even care really what Orlando does, but the Daytona area for some reason gets lumped with Orlando.  Places as far north as Palm Coast are just 45 minutes away from Jacksonville but get the Miami game.  It's ridiculous.

The truth is the Jags suck.  If the Jags played better and made it more entertaining I am sure more networks would pick it up.  Who non-jag fan wants to watch the Jags get spanked again Sunday?

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Wouldnt be surpised if the Cowgirlsissies vs Jags game gets a wide audience. Fox has the doubleheader that week.

The only other game scheduled for FOX in that time slot that also has the potential to get a wide audience is San Francisco at New Orleans.  The Atlanta at Tampa Bay will almost certainly not be shown on FOX except in parts of the Southeast,

Quote:I dont even care really what Orlando does, but the Daytona area for some reason gets lumped with Orlando.  Places as far north as Palm Coast are just 45 minutes away from Jacksonville but get the Miami game.  It's ridiculous.

I know the following solution is far from ideal.   But being that Palm Coast is only 45 minutes from Jacksonville,   the over the air antenna TV signal from the Jacksonville stations should be pretty strong in Palm Coast.  

Quote:I know the following solution is far from ideal.   But being that Palm Coast is only 45 minutes from Jacksonville,   the over the air antenna TV signal from the Jacksonville stations should be pretty strong in Palm Coast.  

I have one of these in my rental and another in my business and it works great. I should pick up Jax from Palm Coast.

http://antennadeals.com/HD8008.html

Quote:How close is Putnam County to Jacksonville?

We're just West of St. Johns county and South of Clay county so not that far at all.

Quote:I dont even care really what Orlando does, but the Daytona area for some reason gets lumped with Orlando.  Places as far north as Palm Coast are just 45 minutes away from Jacksonville but get the Miami game.  It's ridiculous.

That was my problem in Bunnell as well it sucks getting Orlando news also.

Quote:I know the following solution is far from ideal.   But being that Palm Coast is only 45 minutes from Jacksonville,   the over the air antenna TV signal from the Jacksonville stations should be pretty strong in Palm Coast.  

Palm Coast is a pretty strict code enforcement town, I don't think their allowed outside antenna's at least not the big ones that would pick up broadcast TV that far away. 

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Orlando has been a Miami town for decades.  The Jaguars have been around for 20 years.  There's a reason that market is difficult to tap into.  The station is showing the games their viewers want to see when they have the ability to do so.

That's not true a couple years back in 08 right after we had a playoff run the CBS station was literally swamped with phone calls and emails about not showing Jags home games. So much that when I called they had a pre-recorded message to tell you if your calling about the Jags don't waste your time. I waited anyways, and even emailed the CBS director for Orlando. Per our conversation I was told like many others I know they simply do not care. 

He even went on the Orlando Sentinel at one point and said he will NEVER show Jaguar Games that he is not required by the NFL to show, the Orlando CBS station has a serious bend against the Jaguars. I don't know if Weaver messed with his wife or what but he was open and up front about his utter hatred of all things Jaguar. 

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I live very close to UCF and I've gotten to watch every jags game on tv. Guess I'll have to find a crappy internet stream for this one.

Quote:I live very close to UCF and I've gotten to watch every jags game on tv. Guess I'll have to find a crappy internet stream for this one.

Let me know via PM if you ever find a stream that is not crappy.

Quote:Let me know via PM if you ever find a stream that is not crappy.

I can usually always find a decent one on ATDHE. If there's a thread on gameday i will likely link what I find if someone needs it.

Quote:I can usually always find a decent one on ATDHE. If there's a thread on gameday i will likely link what I find if someone needs it.

You can't post that link in a thread FYI. I found that out the hard way.

Quote:I have one of these in my rental and another in my business and it works great. I should pick up Jax from Palm Coast.

http://antennadeals.com/HD8008.html

This gadget looks like a huge upgrade over the antennas in the analog TV days of my youth.  It might even be something people in Daytona can use to get the Jacksonville TV stations,  even if the picture is a little snowy.

Quote: 

Palm Coast is a pretty strict code enforcement town, I don't think their allowed outside antenna's at least not the big ones that would pick up broadcast TV that far away. 

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if this is the case.  I've seen this happen far too often over the years when it comes to various types of antennas restrictions and feel for any person who has to deal with this.  

We suck. Can you blame them?

Quote:Unless the NFL schedule changes,   Week # 7 is one out of two times in 2014 that the Jaguars are at home at the same time the Dolphins are playing in the same time slot in a different game on CBS.   The other being,  Week # 14.   That week,  the Jaguars host the Houston Texans.    Baltimore is at Miami.    I'll be very surprised if the Orlando CBS station doesn't choose the Baltimore at Miami game.  

On a more positive note for Jaguars fans in Orlando,   I do believe that the FOX station will telecast the Dallas vs. Jacksonville game in London in the same time slot Atlanta is at Tampa Bay.    With the way the Bucs season is going,  combined with the Cowboys being the Jaguars opponent,   right now it's hard to envision the Dallas vs. Jacksonville game not being the choice unless the FOX station decides it will show the Bucs when given the opportunity regardless of the circumstance.
They will show any game, not just Dolphin games. If there is a big match up, the Jags get shelved. The life of a Cetral Florida Jag fan.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

[Image: cbs12.jpg?w=616&h=468]

I was wondering how the strip of Texas near Louisiana got picked for Jaguars game.  I thought it might be because of Cleveland, TX but it's nearer to Houston.  Anyone know?

Quote:This gadget looks like a huge upgrade over the antennas in the analog TV days of my youth.  It might even be something people in Daytona can use to get the Jacksonville TV stations,  even if the picture is a little snowy.

The problem is in today's broadcast television, the signal is not analog it's digital.  A weak signal will produce "jittery blocks" of video and intermittent sound.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Just glad I don't have to listen to Ian Eagle... For some reason that guy bugs me...

Quote:They will show any game, not just Dolphin games. If there is a big match up, the Jags get shelved. The life of a Cetral Florida Jag fan.

Unless the decision is made for ratings purposes,  it sounds like the Orlando CBS station should lose it's license.  This isn't a typical business or industry in which the public has many competitors to choose from.