Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jumbo squid attack submarine

Jumbo squid attack submarine

It is like a scene from an old wives' tale about the giant, tentacled kraken dragging shipping vessels to their doom — two Humboldt squid, flashing an angry red, attack a Dual Deep Worker submersible containing two Greenpeace USA divers on an expedition in the Bering Sea. In a Vine video shot by one of the divers, the two large cephalopods, also commonly referred to as “jumbo squid” or “red devils,” rush at the submersible while spewing vision-obscuring clouds of ink.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2014/10/1...p=features

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Calimari for all!!!
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Did it mention if they were 20,000 leagues under the sea at the time?

:yes: 

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea referred to the distance they traveled underwater, not the depth. Sorry, personal pet peeve.

Quote:20,000 Leagues Under the Sea referred to the distance they traveled underwater, not the depth. Sorry, personal pet peeve.
Darn it! You made me learn something...

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:20,000 Leagues Under the Sea referred to the distance they traveled underwater, not the depth. Sorry, personal pet peeve.

Correct--  athough I would like to first tell you to get a better pet peeve.

In most other languages, the books literal translation would be 20,000 Leagues under the Seas

My mind is large enough for several pet peeves. I try to water them, feed them, and keep them housebroken; but they sometimes get away from me.

You'd think this would be more obvious since 20,000 leagues is just less than 70,000 miles and the Earth is only about 8,000 miles across.