Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Like Bowanko

Re-watching the game right now and I am super impressed with Bowanko. You don't hear his name a lot which is a good thing, but when I focus on him you see some serious toughness and effort. I hope he keeps it up. Seems like he and Blake get along well which is also nice.

He's being asked to do a lot and he's exceeded my expectations.

Linder is playing well also.

Nice young core we have.
Shock the world

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If bowanko and linder are doing good, who's messing us up?

Quote:If bowanko and linder are doing good, who's messing us up?

Beadles and Joeckel mostly. Oddly enough that's the side of the line everyone said should be the best.

In the last game Linder and Pazstor were by far the worst.

Linder has played well overall though.

Quote:Beadles and Joeckel mostly. Oddly enough that's the side of the line everyone said should be the best.

I'm betting that Joeckel's play is being negatively affected by Beadles poor play. 

Beadles was a horrible choice from the get-go. In both money (cost) and actual ability. As I've said before, Peyton Manning's linemen are generally overrated. They really aren't asked to do much as he's one of the best in getting rid of the ball quickly. 

Quote:I'm betting that Joeckel's play is being negatively affected by Beadles poor play. 

Beadles was a horrible choice from the get-go. In both money (cost) and actual ability. As I've said before, Peyton Manning's linemen are generally overrated. They really aren't asked to do much as he's one of the best in getting rid of the ball quickly. 

To be fair, it's not like Caldwell had much to work with in the FA guard market. With a gutted team and knowing he was gonna grab Bortles he was likely hoping he would at least be decent enough. Still better than Uche and Rackley.

Quote:I'm betting that Joeckel's play is being negatively affected by Beadles poor play.

Joeckel has been bad all by himself as well. I'm sure Beadles doesn't help but there should be no excuse for his poor play.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:In the last game Linder and Pazstor were by far the worst.

Linder has played well overall though.

What game were you watching? In the last game Luke Joeckel hurt somebody by tripping him. I never heard Pasztor called out for doing something stupid.

Just think if Bowanko turns out to be the answer at center we didn't throw all that money at Mack who can't even play now.

Quote:To be fair, it's not like Caldwell had much to work with in the FA guard market. With a gutted team and knowing he was gonna grab Bortles he was likely hoping he would at least be decent enough. Still better than Uche and Rackley.

Zane Beadles signed a contract the day free agency began. What does that tell you about our NFL players scouting department?

Quote:Zane Beadles signed a contract the day free agency began. What does that tell you about our NFL players scouting department?

They needed a guard?

Quote:Just think if Bowanko turns out to be the answer at center we didn't throw all that money at Mack who can't even play now.

I was thinking about how the Mack injury ruins a storyline for our next game. Now we don't get to hear about how Caldwell gave him a contract offer but the Browns matched it.

When I read about the offer details, I thought the reason he is allowed to leave in 2016 is Caldwell knew the Browns would match it and wanted to get another shot at him later.

Quote:Joeckel has been bad all by himself as well. I'm sure Beadles doesn't help but there should be no excuse for his poor play.

I'm betting better play by the LG will help stabilize Joeckel's play a bit.  

Quote:I'm betting better play by the LG will help stabilize Joeckel's play a bit.

I'm guessing better LT play would really help Beadles...

{Insert tired old repetitive sticky rhetoric about Manning's olinemen blah blah blah x 1000 more times}

Luke has been bad. Don't conveniently retrofit his performance to support your agenda.

Quote:I'm guessing better LT play would really help Beadles...

{Insert tired old repetitive sticky rhetoric about Manning's olinemen blah blah blah x 1000 more times}

Luke has been bad. Don't conveniently retrofit his performance to support your agenda.

Luke's coming off of a broken leg. Beadles is and was healthy and just stinks. 

Quote:I'm betting better play by the LG will help stabilize Joeckel's play a bit.  

Not saying it won't, but why do you say that? We have had bad left guards for 3-4 years and still got some good production from Eugene Monroe.

I really hope Luke Joeckel is not a bust.

Quote:Luke's coming off of a broken leg. Beadles is and was healthy and just stinks. 

Broken ankle bones are not like torn Achilles tendons. They heal in two months and everything is normal again after physical therapy to regain full range of motion.

I highly doubt Joeckel is making excuses for himself because of the ankle fracture.

I'm betting better play at FS will help stabilize Cyprien's play a bit. See how that works?
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:I'm guessing better LT play would really help Beadles...

Exactly. He's on this crusade to save Joeckel's reputation for some reason but buddy has been digusting in play. Far as I'm concerned they both bring each other down with their play.

I really hope our O line is set for the long term, but they seem a long way off it at the moment. They've looked just about adequate at protecting Bortles at times (although Bortles himself is a factor in that) but they're still doing little to open up holes for our runners.

Might need to dip into the draft again for that one final piece.