Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Like Bowanko

Quote:Exactly. He's on this crusade to save Joeckel's reputation for some reason but buddy has been digusting in play. Far as I'm concerned they both bring each other down with their play.

It's very simple. He dislikes the coaches more than Joeckel. If he concedes that the players on the OL are bad, then he must concede that the coaches can't be accurately judged. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hopefully we can draft a replacement for Beadles... since Beadles is just a stop gap player anyways.
No commercial messages in sigs

Didn't we lose our offensive line coach in the preseason? If so, could this have some bearing on our offensive line problems? Besides the obvious problem, which is youth. And the lack of a running back which scares anybody. And not having a TE who can block.

This is basically Joeckel's rookie season. He'll be okay.

@OnGuardJax

I too have been impressed by Bowanko. I don't watch him often but when I do he's in the 2nd level leading the way

@OnGuardJax

Quote:If bowanko and linder are doing good, who's messing us up?

Ya, why cant we run the ball if those two guys are doing well?  That doesn't make sense.

Linder was playing really well prior to this past Sunday. He and Pasztor were both terrible against the titans. Bowanko has been okay. 

Can't really say any of them have been playing particularly well. Still can't run, still giving up too many sacks. Give me a consecutive 100 yard rusher and a 0-2 sack game and perhaps I'll change my tune.

Many Broncos fans felt like Beadles was their worst offensive lineman and were happy to see him go.  They said as much when we signed him.  He had one good year a few years ago and has been sub par since then.

We should listen to other teams' fans more often.  They were right about Poz as well.  They said he was always there to make the tackle - 5-10 yards downfield.

Cowboys and Texans fans hated Alan Ball and he, or Marks, has been our best player on defense.

Quote:I really hope our O line is set for the long term, but they seem a long way off it at the moment. They've looked just about adequate at protecting Bortles at times (although Bortles himself is a factor in that) but they're still doing little to open up holes for our runners.

Might need to dip into the draft again for that one final piece.
I wish they were set too... but clearly they are far from it. We have an over paid/under producing vet at LG and a possible bust highly drafted rookie at LT. So far, we haven't really been able to establish a running game regardless of who we have as a running back; that falls on the line. In spite of having a highly mobile quarterback in Bortles he still got sacked 6 times this last game; again, that's on the line. The OC has obviously trimmed back the amount of down field throwing attempts most likely due to lack of confidence in the o-line to provide adequate protection for Bortles to do so effectively without throwing easy picks.

Really, there's no 'might need to' about it; probably our first and highest priority in the draft should be to upgrade our o-line. Actually, since we now appear to have our franchise quarterback (hopefully) it wouldn't hurt to take linesmen every draft. It would also help if we actually were able to lay out some 'dough' and, if available, get an actual decent veteran o-linesman to help the rookies. Our current veteran LG isn't cutting it; I guess there's a reason why the Broncos didn't hang onto this guy...

After the o-line, we need to upgrade our linebackers. Poz is too slow and we're getting burned by receivers in the middle.

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Quote:This is basically Joeckel's rookie season. He'll be okay.

Pretty much.  He's quietly becoming one of the better run blocking Ts/LTs in the league already.  He seasons himself and gets better play around him (LG, specifically) and he'll continue to improve at pass blocking.

Bowanko and Linder are very good and getting better all the time.  But none of them aren't without mistakes that rookies tend to make.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Cowboys and Texans fans hated Alan Ball and he, or Marks, has been our best player on defense.

Cyprien is our best defender in the secondary, and the rest is merely pedestrian.

Our achilles heel on defense is secondary and OLB.  They just can't make stops and get the defense off the field.

Quote:Pretty much.  He's quietly becoming one of the better run blocking Ts/LTs in the league already.  He seasons himself and gets better play around him (LG, specifically) and he'll continue to improve at pass blocking.

Bowanko and Linder are very good and getting better all the time.  But none of them aren't without mistakes that rookies tend to make.

Joeckel has become one of the better run blocking tackles? I love his upside but don't think he's been good in the run game, what are you basing this off of?

I thought his name was Luke Bowanko?

I think Bowanko has been extremely solid since being thrown in. If Mack isn't available again at the end of the year (which I think he is due to the offer they matched) I think Bowanko will do a decent job at C.

There's a lot of talk about drafting guys for LG and RT (aswell as LB and CB) surely though with the amount of youth we have on the OL we need some experience in there? Granted Beadles hasn't worked out, but surely we can't just keep adding rookies to an already inexperienced line?

Was the thread supposed to be "I like Bowanko" or "Luke Bowanko"? Im just asking.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Where does all the hate from Beadles come from? He's graded as a top 10 OG on PFF. Their rankings are not perfect but compared to the "hunches" people are judging him on, I'll take PFF's rankings. They're compiled by people who watch each play and have no bias or reason to hate on a guy or prop him up.

Joekel has been a below average starter this year. Let's not make it seem like he's the worst player in the league. There've been a few really good LT's in recent years who've had rough starts to their career - Duane Brown being the best example.

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2014, 02:46 PM by badger.)

Ok, so far I've gathered from this thread the following:

LT Joeckel - one of the best blockers in the league

LG Beadles - ranked top ten on PFF "don't get the hate"

C Bowanko - really playing well

RG Linder - a bright spot for the offense

RT Pasztor - ?

Somebody is really wrong here.  We cant run the ball... AT ALL.  Last week we gave up six sacks.  Ya, we are really good here.

Quote:Joeckel has become one of the better run blocking tackles? I love his upside but don't think he's been good in the run game, what are you basing this off of?

What I'm seeing, and what others are observing as well.  You don't typically see LTs mauling guys in the run game, and he has.  RGs and RTs are usually those types of guys, which makes him different.