Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Like Bowanko

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2014, 03:26 PM by badger.)

Quote:What I'm seeing, and what others are observing as well.  You don't typically see LTs mauling guys in the run game, and he has.  RGs and RTs are usually those types of guys, which makes him different.

Help me out here.  Which guy did he maul and when?

Im still having flashbacks to the preseason game @CHI where a linebacker blew him up and put him on his rearend

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Ok, so far I've gathered from this thread the following:

LT Joeckel - one of the best blockers in the league

LG Beadles - ranked top ten on PFF "don't get the hate"

C Bowanko - really playing well

RG Linder - a bright spot for the offense

RT Pasztor - ?

Somebody is really wrong here.  We cant run the ball... AT ALL.  Last week we gave up six sacks.  Ya, we are really good here.

I'm left wondering the same thing...

The only thing I can come up with, keeping in mind that I am not an X's and O's guy, is that if these cats weren't running this accursed ZBS we might actually have a decent to good OLine.

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:I'm left wondering the same thing...

The only thing I can come up with, keeping in mind that I am not an X's and O's guy, is that if these cats weren't running this accursed ZBS we might actually have a decent to good OLine.

but the ZBS is run by some successful running attacks in the league.  I don't like the way we do it, obviously just based on the results.  But it seems like many other teams (Texans, Redskins, ect.) run it well.

Quote:Was the thread supposed to be "I like Bowanko" or "Luke Bowanko"? Im just asking.

Luke Bowanko. My iPhone auto corrected it to like.

What does it matter to you? I'm just asking.
Shock the world

Quote:Ok, so far I've gathered from this thread the following:

LT Joeckel - one of the best blockers in the league

LG Beadles - ranked top ten on PFF "don't get the hate"

C Bowanko - really playing well

RG Linder - a bright spot for the offense

RT Pasztor - ?

Somebody is really wrong here.  We cant run the ball... AT ALL.  Last week we gave up six sacks.  Ya, we are really good here.

I think they have all had good games. Just not at the same time? 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:but the ZBS is run by some successful running attacks in the league.  I don't like the way we do it, obviously just based on the results.  But it seems like many other teams (Texans, Redskins, ect.) run it well.

I didn't mean to imply that the scheme itself is bad. It's obviously not. I just think it's bad for us (at least right now). I guess we can only hope that we can keep some continuity so that these guys get used to lining up beside one another in game and our rushing offense improves as a result. What will Sunday be? The second or third time these 5 lineman have all started together?

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:Luke Bowanko. My iPhone auto corrected it to like.

What does it matter to you? I'm just asking.

Hey, I just ask the questions of the masses.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2014, 01:21 PM by haveaseat.)

So watching the game last night I thought Bowanko really stood out more than any other lineman. Dude was running downfield putting on blocks and holding his own at the line of scrimmage. What a pick up by Dave. He seems to be hitting on these late picks/FA like McCray and Hurns.

Quote:I think they have all had good games. Just not at the same time? 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Or consistent on every single play.

Common sense isn't so common, unfortunately.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Bowanko and Linder (rookies) are playing good. Holding their own. Pasztor is getting back into the swing of things and he also is playing good. Beadles was tagged by Boselli as the "Weak Link" to the point of projecting that he won't even be on the team next year. He expects the LG position to be addressed within the 2015 draft. He also stated that Joeckel's play has been somewhat hampered by helping out Beadles...

Our OL is Extremely young but I definately see it coming toghether to say the least...

Time Will Tell...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Dude played good today. I got worried when he went out. Glad it was for a play or so.

I know the brownstains were missing a ton of D-linemen, but  still, credit where credit is due.

I really like him. I see a guy who is getting his knocks as a rookie, but will be looked back upon as a really valuable piece of the puzzle long term. 

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Oh snap! Posted that too soon.

Went out hurt again. Sad

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Good performance by the offensive line
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>