Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars made a good move

People are whining and complaining because "star" personnel weren't announced as being brought in.  A couple of things that were needed was a Head Coach that has experience and someone with a good history of evaluating talent.

Doug Marrone - A head coach with head coaching experience both at the college level and the NFL level.  Though he doesn't have an impressive overall record, he did do well with far lesser talent (on paper) while in Buffalo.  He also seems to be a "no nonsense" kind of coach rather than a "ra-ra" type of coach.

Dave Caldwell - Though he hasn't by any means been perfect with draft selections and/or free agency signings, he has actually done quite well.

Both of them have a new boss that they have to answer to and has the final decision over anything that they do.

Tom Coughlin - A respected former head coach with impressive accomplishments.  He took an expansion team to the AFC Championship game in just a few years.  Also took a sorry Giants organization to 2 Super Bowl wins.

When you put all of that together, it's a good group of leaders that this team so desperately needs.  Plug a few holes, fix a few discipline issues with this team and they will get to the playoffs and beyond.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2017, 05:51 PM by Jags32250.)

He deserves a fair shot and he'll get it.  All these "experts" around here on coaching and who's good/bad (usually just based on a record) are pretty amusing.  There's a ton that goes into a high dollar professional team sport that you really have to be vested in the business to truly understand.  But the MB (BrklynJag and the Joeckel Band) will continue to do its thing. 

I have no problems with this move honestly looking at all the other possibilities out there. A few had been canned, a few had never been head coaches before, and the other was a 1 time failed head coach. Marrone when he's been a head coach in college and for the bills has had winning records. I believe with him, Caldwell, and coughlin they can right the ship.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:He deserves a fair shot and he'll get it.  All these "experts" around here on coaching and who's good/bad (usually just based on a record) are pretty amusing.  There's a ton that goes into a high dollar professional team sport that you really have to be vested in the business to truly understand.  But the MB (BrklynJag and the Joeckel Band) will continue to do its thing. 

All of the actual experts....coaches, GMs, former NFL personnel guys all endorse Marrone.

All of the barstool/arm chair experts on the board don't like Marrone, they just wanna hear the popular names. 

I think I will listen to the people in the know with experience from the NFL instead of silly ninnies like bklyn

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:All of the actual experts....coaches, GMs, former NFL personnel guys all endorse Marrone.

All of the barstool/arm chair experts on the board don't like Marrone, they just wanna hear the popular names.

I think I will listen to the people in the know with experience from the NFL instead of silly ninnies like bklyn
I turned on the tv when I got home from work and it was still o espn from last night(I hate that channel unless I have to watch it) and highly questionable was on. The three goofballs on there were slamming both moves and saying we had NO QB. It amazes me that morons like that can get a show on cable tv.

Quote:I turned on the tv when I got home from work and it was still o espn from last night(I hate that channel unless I have to watch it) and highly questionable was on. The three goofballs on there were slamming both moves and saying we had NO QB. It amazes me that morons like that can get a show on cable tv.

ESPN is really on a sharp decline. Most of their best people have jumped ship, quit, or retired. The content on the website is getting really questionable as well. I really wish another company would try to jump in and take ESPNs place. Something geared heavily towards the actual sports content and credibility. 

ESPN has become the TMZ of sports. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:ESPN is really on a sharp decline. Most of their best people have jumped ship, quit, or retired. The content on the website is getting really questionable as well. I really wish another company would try to jump in and take ESPNs place. Something geared heavily towards the actual sports content and credibility.

ESPN has become the TMZ of sports.
Yeah it's really hard to watch anything on that channel anymore. I mean there are a few knowledgeable people there but they are usually like mainly following just one team. Diricco is pretty decent.

I wanted TC on the sidelines, but feel this will be a major improvement.  I thought it was interesting that Caldwell received a two year extension and everyone else got three year contracts.  Did I miss something? 

Quote:Yeah it's really hard to watch anything on that channel anymore. I mean there are a few knowledgeable people there but they are usually like mainly following just one team. Diricco is pretty decent.

Honestly I try not to even turn any espn channel on if i dont absolutely have to, and I dont go to their website anymore. 

If anyone does have good alternatives, please let me know. 

Quote:Honestly I try not to even turn any espn channel on if i dont absolutely have to, and I dont go to their website anymore.

If anyone does have good alternatives, please let me know.
I haven't been to their website in atleast 3 years. I watched the end of the national championship game last night and that's the only reason it was on it.

Caldwell still has another year, so this lines them all up at the 3 year mark.  If it doesn't work, plug pulled on the whole thing.

Quote:Caldwell still has another year, so this lines them all up at the 3 year mark. If it doesn't work, plug pulled on the whole thing.

Bingo.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Caldwell still has another year, so this lines them all up at the 3 year mark.  If it doesn't work, plug pulled on the whole thing.

yep. I am pretty confident that it is going to work though. Lots of experience and leadership in charge now. 

Quote:I wanted TC on the sidelines, but feel this will be a major improvement.  I thought it was interesting that Caldwell received a two year extension and everyone else got three year contracts.  Did I miss something? 

IIRC I think that they all have basically the same contract time-wise.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.