Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Maybe Toby is not the problem

Storm had 21 yards on 10 carries. 2.1ypc is atrocious. To all the Toby haters
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I already brought this up in another thread. 

The Jags running game issues have more to do with the ZBS than any of the RB. The Jags RB across the board have had low YPC since they switched over to their version of the ZBS scheme. 

Toby should be a full back. He's got the body style to be one, but the tenacity of a goldfish.. The O-line is the problem. Fix that, and you fix a lot of problems on offense.. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Even if there was no defense on the field slowby would be stopped for a loss. 

Until we fix the offensive line we will suck.  Drafting wide receivers or quarterback or getting a new coach will not fix the problem until we fix the offensive line.  It has been neglected since 2007 and we are paying the price for our neglect.

Quote:Until we fix the offensive line we will suck. Drafting wide receivers or quarterback or getting a new coach will not fix the problem until we fix the offensive line. It has been neglected since 2007 and we are paying the price for our neglect.

We've spent 3 draft picks on the line in the past 2 years.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Storm did much better.

Yeah, the O-Line stinks. And maybe part of that is the blocking system employed.

But if you watched Storm run this week and compare it to all the carries Amelia had, it's not hard to figure out that Storm is the better RB even though he's a rookie.

Three running backs (including Storm) ran for just over forty yards.

Regardless of what you think of Gerhart and Storm, that is poor.

We haven't yet cracked the running game problem.

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2014, 12:26 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Storm did much better.

Yeah, the O-Line stinks. And maybe part of that is the blocking system employed.

But if you watched Storm run this week and compare it to all the carries Amelia had, it's not hard to figure out that Storm is the better RB even though he's a rookie.

The OL personnel doesn't stink. IMO. The Jags version of the ZBS is the problem. Their OL is performing very similar to the results that Yarno's scheme yielded in Detroit when he was there. 

Quote:Storm did much better.

2.1 ypc is better? Ok ray charles

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

He's not THE problem. But he definitely is a problem. He doesn't finish runs like he's 230+ and he's probably the least athletic skill player we have.

Quote:2.1 ypc is better? Ok ray charles
Who said that?

Blake Bortles was the leading rusher yesterday. Last time I checked.........he was the QB. Toby is not the problem nor has he ever been the problem. Toby has stunk it up compared to his talent level but clearly...........unless you are blind.........the RB's (all of them) are NOT the problem!

A Jaguar player has yet to still crack 50 rushing yards in a game. Terrible.

if you didn't already know that this line cant run block... then.... just...

Quote:The OL personnel doesn't stink. IMO. The Jags version of the ZBS is the problem. Their OL is performing very similar to the results that Yarno's scheme yielded in Detroit when he was there. 

It does stink. 

I won't say ZBS isn't an issue, but I don't think it is much of one.  The personnel we have at O-line were handpicked specifically for ZBS.  ZBS has proven to work for many teams in the past, regardless of whether our o-line coaches are good or not.  If ZBS was an issue, you'd still see occasional big plays from the run game when the line got it right, but we haven't.  It shows me its a play issue more than a scheme issue.

We don't have one offensive lineman that would be considered an above average NFL starter.  If you want to wait 3 years to see if bad offensive linemen develop into good ones, then be my guest, but I'm looking for actual good play and not hopefully good play.  Our line lifts with the kickers. 

Toby isn't the issue.  He's a decent back and could put up numbers with a competent line.  He's not special, but he's capable of 1000+ yards if we had gotten half way decent blocking in front of him.

Quote:2.1 ypc is better? Ok ray charles

I don't understand your confusion. Gerhart only has a 2.6 y/c average. Yesterday, without him, the Jags RBs averaged 2.4 y/c. That's clearly an improvement.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:I don't understand your confusion. Gerhart only has a 2.6 y/c average. Yesterday, without him, the Jags RBs averaged 2.4 y/c. That's clearly an improvement.
I'm sure you are a nice person, but clearly MATH is NOT your strong suit.

Quote:Storm had 21 yards on 10 carries. 2.1ypc is atrocious. To all the Toby haters

Tried to told ya'll. Oline just sucks!!

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend