Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Victor Cruz

Breaking news on NFL.com: Victor Cruz tore his patellar tendon and was carted off the field.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...lla-tendon

I don't like anyone getting hurt, but this is going to help us a lot on November 30.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm not a doctor

I have a Dr. Pepper if that helps

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2014, 11:03 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:Breaking news on NFL.com: Victor Cruz tore his patellar tendon and was carted off the field.

I don't like anyone getting hurt, but this is going to help us a lot on November 30.

You don't like anyone getting hurt, yet you found a positive in it in the very sentence. Interesting. Even more interesting you are counting on opposing injuries so we can potentially be competitive.

Also, the guy was averaging 62 yards a game and has 1 TD all year. Not exactly world beating stats, eh?

Quote:Breaking news on NFL.com: Victor Cruz tore his patellar tendon and was carted off the field.

I doubt this even moves the needle in the game against the Giants.

About the only sure thing in this game is that TC will out coach Gus.

Lord help the Jags if they need to make any halftime adjustments, because we all know how that turns out for the Jags.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I doubt this even moves the needle in the game against the Giants.

About the only sure thing in this game is that TC will out coach Gus.

Lord help the Jags if they need to make any halftime adjustments, because we all know how that turns out for the Jags.

The Giants are on their way to a blowout/shutout right now (27-0), which makes me think they are missing Victor Cruz.

Are the Giants really that bad this year?

It was sad seeing him cry his way off the field on the cart Sad I hope the best for him tho.

Quote:It was sad seeing him cry his way off the field on the cart. I hope the best for him though.

When players cry the pain is excruciating. I always feel bad for them.

Quote:The Giants are on their way to a blowout/shutout right now (27-0), which makes me think they are missing Victor Cruz.

Are the Giants really that bad this year?
Just very inconsistent like normal.

Quote:It was sad seeing him cry his way off the field on the cart Sad I hope the best for him tho.

It's a tough injury to rehab and overcome.   But the comeback from the same type of injury of Lions DE-DT Jason Jones,  who is playing at a high level this season,  offers hope that Victor Cruz will be a significant factor in the NFL in 2015.  Jones suffered the similar injury on the road against the Redskins in Week # 3 last season.   Even as someone who tries to be optimistic about injuries,   Jones has far exceeded my expectations through 6 games this season.     Cruz should definitely talk to Jones and/ or other players who suffered this injury.    The next few months are going to test Cruz as much as anything he's faced in his NFL career.   

Quote:Just very inconsistent like normal.

There's not much in between area with the Giants.   Either they look like a legit playoff team or they look like they would struggle to beat practically any team in the NFL.    They go from 180 degrees one way to the other and back.   Their Offensive Line reflects this as much as any unit on that team or any unit in the entire NFL.      

Something I never understood is why everyone calls it a tendon. It wraps around the patella and attaches to the tibia, which makes it a ligament.

Quote:Something I never understood is why everyone calls it a tendon. It wraps around the patella and attaches to the tibia, which makes it a ligament.

I don't know the reasoning behind this.  But as someone who suffered a torn quad tendon last year in walking down steps ( another injury that relates to the type of injury Victor Cruz suffered ) ,  the rehab is long and challenging.    

Fortunately for me,  the pain from the injury was minimal,  which is unusual.  Most people that suffer quad tendon or patella tendon injuries feel tremendous pain at the time of the injury.    The P.T. and medical people were amazed that my initial pain was low.   When I saw the pain Cruz was in,  it reinforced how much worse the situation could have been for me than it turned out.  

Quote: I don't know the reasoning behind this.  But as someone who suffered a torn quad tendon last year in walking down steps ( another injury that relates to the type of injury Victor Cruz suffered ) ,  the rehab is long and challenging.    

Fortunately for me,  the pain from the injury was minimal,  which is unusual.  Most people that suffer quad tendon or patella tendon injuries feel tremendous pain at the time of the injury.    The P.T. and medical people were amazed that my initial pain was low.   When I saw the pain Cruz was in,  it reinforced how much worse the situation could have been for me than it turned out.  

Years ago I heard a commentator explain the more severe an ACL tear is, the less it hurts, because when the tear is complete, "there is no ligament."

At least the QT is named right.

Quote:It was sad seeing him cry his way off the field on the cart Sad I hope the best for him tho.

i thought it was embarrassing. im not one who is gonna pretend i dont get hurt or whatever... but he was crying like a baby...

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:I thought it was embarrassing. I'm not one who is gonna pretend I don't get hurt or whatever... but he was crying like a baby...

Crying like a baby is a natural reaction to excruciating pain for some people. I did that when I broke my left arm in 1995.

Quote:Crying like a baby is a natural reaction to excruciating pain for some people. I did that when I broke my left arm in 1995.

he's a grown man.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:He's a grown man.

That does not mean he can't cry. Studies have shown crying is actually good for you.

He was crying because he knows he will never be same.  Done, finished.

Quote:He was crying because he knows he will never be same.  Done, finished.

You don't know that unless you ask him.

He can still be a good receiver next year.