Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jim Harbaugh? Year 3? 2015 Playoffs?

First of all, I have been a Jaguar fan for 20 years and I'm very tired with this "rebuild" that has been going on for 7 straight years. I also understand how young this football team is, but that doesn't change my thoughts and it doesn't give the team a free pass from me. It was their decision to have a group of 1-2 year players in the first place and this is the result you get when you do that. Not getting quality players from FA hurt us pretty bad, but that's over and done with.

When you look at the schedule, last week, this week and the next two weeks are/were completely winnable, and we have managed to lose 2 games that would've been uplifting for this team/fan-base. The schedule doesn't get any easier at all, and if this team does manage to go 0-16, I think it's time to make a change at the coaching positions. We won 4 last year, and winning less would be regressing. Going 0-16 or winning less than 4 is a real possibility and it's actually sad to think about. If it does happen, that is the only was I believe Gus will not be the head coach next year.  We didn't keep Mularkey or Del Rio when sucking, why does Gus and the staff get a pass?

Would it be possible to get Jim Harbaugh and keep Bradley at Defensive Coordinator? That's what Bradley is good at and that's what he did in Seattle. We need an experienced head coach that is proven and has a history of winning. Fire Babich... and Fisch if needed. I just don't see how we get more than 4, and I don't know how we turn this around next season. 8 months isn't enough time to make this team a playoff contender... The plan was to get to the playoffs in year 3, and boy we are hot garbage right now. Everyone including myself is so tired of losing...

The rest of the schedule:

Browns - They just smacked the team we lost to last week, it doesn't look too promising.

Dolphins - They're a pretty good team, even though they're not elite, they're 10x better than us.

Bengals - Uhh... I don't even have to say anything. A.J. Green and Bernard 1000 yards?

Cowboys - They just beat down Seattle in their own stadium...

Colts - They're good, they embarrassed us pretty badly, they'll more than likely do it again.

Giants - Is it winnable? Yes. Will we win? Probably not. We got beat by the Titans who are even worse than the Giants.

Texans - They're good, I hate to say it, but they're so much better. A coaching change is all they needed to compete for the AFC South title.

Ravens - Steve Smith 5 TD's 300 yards, Flacco 800 yards 8 TD's?????

Titans - I'd like to think we would win at our home and blast the tacks on Thursday night, but we couldn't do it against clipboard jesus, how can we do it here?

Texans - Last game of the year, Texans will probably looking for a playoff run, and they'll give it everything they've got.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We would be 2-3 right now with a competent coaching staff. Harbaugh would put us in the playoffs NEXT year.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:First of all, I have been a Jaguar fan for 20 years and I'm very tired with this "rebuild" that has been going on for 7 straight years. I also understand how young this football team is, but that doesn't change my thoughts and it doesn't give the team a free pass from me. It was their decision to have a group of 1-2 year players in the first place and this is the result you get when you do that. Not getting quality players from FA hurt us pretty bad, but that's over and done with.

When you look at the schedule, last week, this week and the next two weeks are/were completely winnable, and we have managed to lose 2 games that would've been uplifting for this team/fan-base. The schedule doesn't get any easier at all, and if this team does manage to go 0-16, I think it's time to make a change at the coaching positions. We won 4 last year, and winning less would be regressing. Going 0-16 or winning less than 4 is a real possibility and it's actually sad to think about. If it does happen, that is the only was I believe Gus will not be the head coach next year.  We didn't keep Mularkey or Del Rio when sucking, why does Gus and the staff get a pass?

Would it be possible to get Jim Harbaugh and keep Bradley at Defensive Coordinator? That's what Bradley is good at and that's what he did in Seattle. We need an experienced head coach that is proven and has a history of winning. Fire Babich... and Fisch if needed. I just don't see how we get more than 4, and I don't know how we turn this around next season. 8 months isn't enough time to make this team a playoff contender... The plan was to get to the playoffs in year 3, and boy we are hot garbage right now. Everyone including myself is so tired of losing...

The rest of the schedule:

Browns - They just smacked the team we lost to last week, it doesn't look too promising.

Dolphins - They're a pretty good team, even though they're not elite, they're 10x better than us.

Bengals - Uhh... I don't even have to say anything. A.J. Green and Bernard 1000 yards?

Cowboys - They just beat down Seattle in their own stadium...

Colts - They're good, they embarrassed us pretty badly, they'll more than likely do it again.

Giants - Is it winnable? Yes. Will we win? Probably not. We got beat by the Titans who are even worse than the Giants.

Texans - They're good, I hate to say it, but they're so much better. A coaching change is all they needed to compete for the AFC South title.

Ravens - Steve Smith 5 TD's 300 yards, Flacco 800 yards 8 TD's?????

Titans - I'd like to think we would win at our home and blast the tacks on Thursday night, but we couldn't do it against clipboard jesus, how can we do it here?

Texans - Last game of the year, Texans will probably looking for a playoff run, and they'll give it everything they've got.

Uh Oh, the rest of the season looks mighty challenging for the lowly Jags right now.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

He's too expensive for the cheap Jaguars.

Quote:He's too expensive for the cheap Jaguars.

lol, you might be right.

Maybe someone could let him know he could wear his long pleated pants in the pool.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

We have more than enough money to pay Harbaugh, but we don't like spending money here, so... :teehee:

Would Harbaugh even WANT to come here? That's a big part of it.

S.Khan will show us exactly what kind of owner he will be this off season. I already believe he is a hands-off type of guy who lets people he hired make the football decisions, but it's hard not to believe he didn't have a hand in Bortles playing so early.

Quote: We won 4 last year, and winning less would be regressing. 

I dont agree with this part, I mean the team can go 0-32 but it's still progress.  Sure theres no tangible evidence to show they're progressing, but it's progress somehow. I mean the defense is better this year, hell we held the mighty Titans to 16 points, and this is with Whitehurst who is a definite hall of famer.  Also lets be honest if you think 0-16 isn't progress you're just a blind whiner who likely isn't a fan to begin with.  

Even I have to think that Bradley is likely to be gone at the end of the year if the team doesn't win at least 4 games.  Too many coaching mistakes, team isn't prepared as well as it should be.  

Quote:We have more than enough money to pay Harbaugh, but we don't like spending money here, so... :teehee:

Would Harbaugh even WANT to come here? That's a big part of it.

The Jags got the QB and the coin......Harbaugh would want to come here if the Jags paid market value

Here is the thing. The ENTIRE organization has done a rebuild in two years. Just think about this. 

First time owner.

First time GM.

First time head coach.

First time NFL coach, much less Offensive Coordinator.

First time Defensive Coordinator.

and then on top of that I think only like 3-6 players from Gene's team are left on the roster, and they may even be gone by the end of the year. 

If you have that many first time people doing these jobs, you WILL have growing pains. I know they came out saying a 3 year rebuilding plan, but given how bad the team has been the past 3 seasons. (Yes because Mularkey's season was horrible), I not sure how anyone expected anything less than a 4-5 year plan. A 3 year plan was with nearly EVERYTHING falling into place, which just does not happen in the NFL. Or at least not to the Jaguars.

(SIDENOTE: I get that the overall franchise rebuild has been 7 years and counting, and as a fan that is horribly frustrating. But that is sports point in fact. Every year is frustrating unless your team wins it all. All the heartache and pain for whatever years is only ever made worth it when that happens.)

Filling all these positions with newbies is totally Shad's plan. Given that, how does anyone expect him to fire the HC or GM after 2 years. I can see maybe the OC, and telling Caldwell to get some FA's and I'll pay for them. That's it. 

I would take Harbaugh in a heartbeat. The guy could bring us a better coaching staff too.

Harbaugh+Bortles would be a great thing too.

I'd trade draft picks for him if I had to. Coaching is so bad here.

Quote:I would take Harbaugh in a heartbeat. The guy could bring us a better coaching staff too.

Harbaugh+Bortles would be a great thing too.

I'd trade draft picks for him if I had to. Coaching is so bad here.

All this ^^^^

Quote:All this ^^^^

He would easily be the best coach we've had since Coughlin. As I said I'd be all for it.

I still think Bradley is salvageable but he has to dump his coordinators and find better ones in a hurry. I'm not sure I want to wait to see that happen IF a guy like Harbaugh is gettable.

Quote:He would easily be the best coach we've had since Coughlin. As I said I'd be all for it.

I still think Bradley is salvageable but he has to dump his coordinators and find better ones in a hurry. I'm not sure I want to wait to see that happen IF a guy like Harbaugh is gettable.

Hopefully he'll start putting out feelers on coordinators sometime after the bye, maybe steal Cabbage and Fish wallets while their asleep and leave London without them. 

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2014, 11:50 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:He would easily be the best coach we've had since Coughlin. As I said I'd be all for it.

I don't trust Bradley to find quality Coordinators. Most of his staff sans Sullivan, Wash and Scelfo is terrible. 

Keep Caldwell, get Harbaugh in here and Rex Ryan as DC. 

There is no salary cap for coaches, right? Khan can pretty much pay a new coach anything he wants, right? This franchise needs a shakeup in the offseason. Year 2 of Bortles development won't be enough to create excitement.

I wonder if both coordinators stick around if Gus sticks around.  I could see Fisch sticking around, maybe, if they gave playcalling duties to someone else (I'm not sure how many head coaches call their own plays).  I'm not sure why Blahbich was ever brought in though.

Harbaugh I think is more likely to go back to College.  Are there any really good coaching candidates out there anyway?  I mean you always see a couple of guys who turn out to be good, but I'm not sure there's any slam dunks out there.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:There is no salary cap for coaches, right? Khan can pretty much pay a new coach anything he wants, right? This franchise needs a shakeup in the offseason. Year 2 of Bortles development won't be enough to create excitement.

To answer your question - no there is no salary cap for GM or head coaches. 

Quote:I wonder if both coordinators stick around if Gus sticks around.  I could see Fisch sticking around, maybe, if they gave playcalling duties to someone else (I'm not sure how many head coaches call their own plays).  I'm not sure why Blahbich was ever brought in though.

Harbaugh I think is more likely to go back to College.  Are there any really good coaching candidates out there anyway?  I mean you always see a couple of guys who turn out to be good, but I'm not sure there's any slam dunks out there.

If theres even the slightest chance to get Harbaugh here you do it - if you are serious about winning, anyway. Are you suggesting that oh shucks Harbaugh is rumored to be going back to college so whelp, lets not even try..... gimme a break. 

What makes people think Harbaugh is on the way out, or that such a high profile big name coach wants to come to prestigious Jacksonville?