Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jim Harbaugh? Year 3? 2015 Playoffs?

Quote:To answer your question - no there is no salary cap for GM or head coaches. 

If theres even the slightest chance to get Harbaugh here you do it - if you are serious about winning, anyway. Are you suggesting that oh shucks Harbaugh is rumored to be going back to college so whelp, lets not even try..... gimme a break. 

So you fire Bradley because there's a chance you might get him?  That'd be dumb.  You fire Bradley on his own lack of merit, not because hey!  There's a 5% chance you get Jim Harbaugh to come here!  And if he doesn't, you still have to hire a new coach.  So why don't you actually name some candidates instead of going on and on about your dream coach? 

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:So you fire Bradley because there's a chance you might get him?  That'd be dumb.  You fire Bradley on his own lack of merit, not because hey!  There's a 5% chance you get Jim Harbaugh to come here!  And if he doesn't, you still have to hire a new coach.  So why don't you actually name some candidates instead of going on and on about your dream coach? 

No, you fire Bradley if you CAN get Harbaugh. To act like they wouldn't do their due diligence prior is comical. 

Quote:What makes people think Harbaugh is on the way out, or that such a high profile big name coach wants to come to prestigious Jacksonville?

Jacksonville not only is one of only 32 NFL coaching spots, which ALL are valuable.....but given the state of the franchise any coach that comes here and wins will be revered both locally and nationally. Also, one of the most important aspects to make a gig lucrative is a young franchise QB and owner with deep pockets, willing to pay to win. We have both.  

Quote:No, you fire Bradley if you CAN get Harbaugh. To act like they wouldn't do their due diligence prior is comical. 

They're going to be competing with multiple teams for his services.

Besides, you said, and I quote:

If theres even the slightest chance to get Harbaugh here you do it

Quote:They're going to be competing with multiple teams for his services.

Besides, you said, and I quote:

If theres even the slightest chance to get Harbaugh here you do it

.....meaning you TRY to get him, not quit on the idea because rumors have him going to Michigan. 

Quote:Jacksonville not only is one of only 32 NFL coaching spots, which ALL are valuable.....but given the state of the franchise any coach that comes here and wins will be revered both locally and nationally. Also, one of the most important aspects to make a gig lucrative is a young franchise QB and owner with deep pockets, willing to pay to win. We have both.  
I'm sure Khan's check cashes as good as anyone elses. 

I like Bradley, I really really do... I just think the job isn't for him and its too much for the guy. He was a very good coach in Seattle with the defense, and I think he should just stick to being a coordinator. Would it be possible to get Harbaugh and keep Bradley for the defense? Or would that be too weird? We'd have to bring in Rex Ryan.

Can you imagine? Jim Harbaugh and Rex Ryan as coaches here? Immediate improvement would happen. But that won't happen, #BecauseJaguars.

Quote:I like Bradley, I really really do... I just think the job isn't for him and its too much for the guy. He was a very good coach in Seattle with the defense, and I think he should just stick to being a coordinator. Would it be possible to get Harbaugh and keep Bradley for the defense? Or would that be too weird? We'd have to bring in Rex Ryan.

Can you imagine? Jim Harbaugh and Rex Ryan as coaches here? Immediate improvement would happen. But that won't happen, #BecauseJaguars.

Harbaugh as HC and Rex Ryan as DC here in 2015 will have the Jags to the division round of the playoffs next season, minimum. 

Quote:Harbaugh as HC and Rex Ryan as DC here in 2015 will have the Jags to the division round of the playoffs next season, minimum. 

How do you know Harbaugh would want Rex Ryan as a DC?

And again, how about naming someone other than your dream coach as candidates?  Your Top six would do.  Because if we do fire Bradley this year, and Harbaugh I don't know... sticks with the 49ers for another year, we'd still have to hire someone else.

IMO, if we can't get Harbaugh, we can stick with Bradley for another year. And that was suppose to be all the time he needed to turn this team around anyways... And then we can focus on getting a new coach if the season is terrible. I would love to get Harbaugh, Rex Ryan, and an experienced OC.

By the way, if we did end up getting Rex, what defensive scheme would we run? 3-4 or 4-3? I know he runs a Hybrid scheme in NY, but I'm not sure if the young players can grasp it all in an off-season. And hopefully he could put an end to the soft zone crap... 

Quote:How do you know Harbaugh would want Rex Ryan as a DC?

And again, how about naming someone other than your dream coach as candidates? Your Top six would do. Because if we do fire Bradley this year, and Harbaugh I don't know... sticks with the 49ers for another year, we'd still have to hire someone else.

I asked him to do that already and all he gave me twice was harbaugh and Rex. Who else is out there? Even a top 5 that would be a logical upgrade?
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2014, 01:04 AM by Haterade.)

Wonder why the Seahawks beat the 49ers in the NFC Championship game last season? It's no secret, Jim Harbaugh is an egomaniac. He demanded that Kaepernick target Sherman at the end which resulted in the tip-INT. He said it would look cool. Anti-clutch much?

Quote:I like Bradley, I really really do... I just think the job isn't for him and its too much for the guy. He was a very good coach in Seattle with the defense, and I think he should just stick to being a coordinator. Would it be possible to get Harbaugh and keep Bradley for the defense? Or would that be too weird? We'd have to bring in Rex Ryan.

Why even let him stick around for a coordinator spot?  This defense sucks

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I think Babich has a lot to do with this defense. I'm not really sure though, I would trust Gus as a defensive coordinator over a lot of people. I think he played a big part in building that Seahawks defense. If we couldn't make that happen, I would be nice to bring in Rex Ryan or someone proven that had success. Not someone like Babich...

clipboard jesus

Thats hilarious ^ :teehee:

I agree that getting Harbaugh would be a game-changer, but there is no way we should give up draft picks. We have so many holes to fill...
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

I would assume Greg Roman would be more realistic. Harbaugh is going to have his pick of the liter if he chooses.

Lets put this in layman's terms.

You asked one of the hottest girls in school to the prom, but some DB football player asked her first and she said she would go with him. To not go alone, you asked a girl who was nice, but not very good looking to go to the prom. Leading up to the prom, you hear through the rumor mill that the hottest girl in school isn't going to prom with the DB football player anymore. The devil on one shoulder is telling you to re-ask her to the prom, but the angel on the other shoulder wants to do the right thing and stick with the mediocre girl you just asked to prom when you were rejected by the hot girl.

You know if you listen to the angel, you won't have as good of a time on prom night as if you listen to the devil.

Quote:I would assume Greg Roman would be more realistic. Harbaugh is going to have his pick of the liter if he chooses.

How many teams with legitimate franchise QB's will have vacant coaching positions? Not many I assume.

Quote:How many teams with legitimate franchise QB's will have vacant coaching positions? Not many I assume.

If harbaugh even gets cut, besides Michigan, some people think he might wind up going to the raiders. A lot of people like Carr, he looks like he's got a lot of potential, and harbaugh wouldn't have to move his family across the country.

I'm really more interested to hear who some other options would be. Does anyone even have any suggestions outside of the one guy that if available will be wanted by every team with a vacant spot?
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."