Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gus's stupid challenge lost the game

I still like him, don't think he should be fired but the knee was clearly down and that time out could/probably makes the difference.

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" - John Heisman

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hindsight is 20/20. If we were not in a situation where we needed a timeout at the end, I would not complain about it.

Quote:Hindsight is 20/20. If we were not in a situation where we needed a timeout at the end, I would not complain about it.

It's not hindsight, the knee was down, obviously down.  Gus is a great cheerleader, but he's made several questionable calls, hopefully he's "getting better" at being a head coach.  I still like him, but come on don't make stupid mistakes.

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" - John Heisman

Quote:It's not hindsight, the knee was down, obviously down.  Gus is a great cheerleader, but he's made several questionable calls, hopefully he's "getting better" at being a head coach.  I still like him, but come on don't make stupid mistakes.

Dude, everyone on this board new it was a waste and he still did it. Worthless. Thos TOs would have won us the game. Guaranteed.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Gus is like his team.  Inexperienced and not very good.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:It's not hindsight, the knee was down, obviously down.  Gus is a great cheerleader, but he's made several questionable calls, hopefully he's "getting better" at being a head coach.  I still like him, but come on don't make stupid mistakes.

Every head coach challenges some calls that were obviously correct. I assume he regreted making that call when there were 12 seconds left and will learn not to waste them on challenges so easily.

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2014, 09:46 PM by continuous.)

Quote:Dude, everyone on this board new it was a waste and he still did it. Worthless. Thos TOs would have won us the game. Guaranteed.
short pass and a timeout seals it. .....

Totally agree. Even without a TO. A rollout wit Blake where either hits someone on the sideline for a few yards or throws it away. He was movin the ball fine leading up to that moment. This loss is entirely on Gus. Bad coaching

Quote:Gus is like his team.  Inexperienced and not very good.

He's also like the Chicago Cubs, a lovable loser at this time in his head coaching career.

Had he stayed 1 more season in Seattle, he would be a Super bowl winning DC, wouldn't he?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Totally agree. A rollout wit Blake where either hits someone on the sideline for a few yards or throws it away. He was movin the ball fine leading up to that moment. This loss is entirely on Gus

It was not entirely on anybody. The defense screwed up. Allen Hurns screwed up. Jordan Todman screwed up. When the coach loses, the whole team loses.

Quote:It was not entirely on anybody. The defense screwed up. Allen Hurns screwed up. Jordan Todman screwed up. When the coach loses, the whole team loses.

Shorts' screw up was worse than Hurns.

Quote:He's also like the Chicago Cubs, a lovable loser at this time in his head coaching career.

Had he stayed 1 more season in Seattle, he would be a Super Bowl winning DC, wouldn't he?

Yep, and Seattle's defense certainly missed him today. It was like the Legion of Boom disappeared.

Quote:Shorts' screw up was worse than Hurns.

Yeah that was bad too but Hurns was worse.

Quote:Shorts' screw up was worse than Hurns.

Agreed. That was BAD. Shorts has been nothing but a bum this year. Each week he's either hurt, running lazy routes causing INTs, or fumbling. This guy should be gone next year.

Quote:Agreed. That was BAD. Shorts has been nothing but a bum this year. Each week he's either hurt, running lazy routes causing INTs, or fumbling. This guy should be gone next year.

He will be a free agent next year, so you don't have to worry about that.

It is a shame one big mistake cancels out any good plays he made in everyone's mind.

Shorts made some clutch plays today but that fumble did hurt.....

bottom line as ugly as the D was they only gave up 16 points. Until our offense can get at least 3tds a game we wont be competing for a ring

Oh and Todman can't catch a perfect thrown ball in his chest.

Quote:Oh and Todman can't catch a perfect thrown ball in his chest.

Why was Todman the target on that deep pass? He is a running back not a wide receiver.

I liked the play call, but started to wonder if it is really a good idea to throw to Todman.

Damn game cost me me free sub.

Quote:Why was Todman the target on that deep pass? He is a running back not a wide receiver.

I liked the play call, but started to wonder if it is really a good idea to throw to Todman.
Needa sign Danny Woodhead or Sproles

Quote:Needa sign Danny Woodhead or Sproles

Actually I was thinking why throw a deep pass to a backup running back instead of a wide receiver or Clay Harbor? Catching a pass is not the same as returning a kickoff.