Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
SI article on the Marrone/Bortles

Quote:.

Not true.

Fans questioned Matt Ryan, Eli Manning, and Drew Brees among others. The story remains unwritten until there is absolutely no doubt that he isn't the guy.

Wouldn't you be upset if Bortles was let go and he goes on to be the next Brees? Talk about the ultimate #becauseJaguars moment.

That's EXACTLY what would happen because people were saying the same thing about Drew Brees in SD. I know a few people who have lived in San Diego for most of their life and let me tell you - some of them are STILL ashamed that they helped run Brees out of town by threatening to stop buying tickets if he was still on the roster by the next season.

I promise you all this: if Bortles leaves (via cut, trade, waiver, etc.) and goes to a team with a good QB coach who thinks he got the shaft here in Jax, we will NEVER hear the end of it from the media – and I, for one, already can't stand the national media's view of us as it is.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I wouldn't worry about Bortles leaving and being great somewhere else. The way he's played, he's more likely to be unemployed in 2 years
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:I think he can be fixed. Gus and Olson both seemed to hinder his progress.

Wait a minute, wasn't Gus the HC and Olson the OC in 2015 when Bortles had his best season? The history of the NFL is littered with dozens of QB's that had 1 good season only to flame out later. Are we sure that Bortles isn't another?
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote:Wait a minute, wasn't Gus the HC and Olson the OC in 2015 when Bortles had his best season? The history of the NFL is littered with dozens of QB's that had 1 good season only to flame out later. Are we sure that Bortles isn't another?

We're not sure of anything as far as Bortles is concerned.

The one thing we're pretty sure of is that there isn't any available QB in either free agency or the draft who is significantly better than even the 2016 Bortles. So the best policy this year is to hope he can be fixed. There's really nothing to lose by sticking with Bortles as long as he doesn't stink it up in training camp.

One other thing, according to Bortles it was Olson's idea that Bortles should stay in Jax and practice rather than going back to Tom House last winter. That can explain why Bortles played well under Gus/Olson in 2015 and not in 2016.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:I wouldn't worry about Bortles leaving and being great somewhere else. The way he's played, he's more likely to be unemployed in 2 years

Are you really this stupid? That's what was said about players like Drew Brees and how did that turn out? If a player like Blaine Gabbert still has a job, how the hell would Bortles be unemployed?

Gabbert is still too fresh in my mind. At least BB5 showed ability. Gabbert threw for like 60yds a game

I still think hes our guy

Quote:Wait a minute, wasn't Gus the HC and Olson the OC in 2015 when Bortles had his best season? The history of the NFL is littered with dozens of QB's that had 1 good season only to flame out later. Are we sure that Bortles isn't another?

By the time Olsen was hired, Bortles was already in Cali getting help from house. Bortles wanted to go back and spend time in Cali again, but Olsen didn't want him to. Why Olsen objected to Bortles working under Tom House I have no idea...

I wouldn't worry about Bortles leaving and being great somewhere else either.

So far, that is exactly what BB5 is, one good stats season, minus the INTS of course, although his good season only amounted to 5 wins and 11 losses.

I believe next year will really tell us what kind of QB BB5 will turn out to be, although most of us already feel we know which way that is looking like.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.