Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How did McCray play today?

Just asking.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I thought he played well, overall. The CB play was solid... it was the LBs and Safeties that caused us trouble.

No commercial messages in sigs

Well, although it's early...maybe he's a solution at cornerback.

Quote:I thought he played well, overall. The CB play was solid... it was the LBs and Safeties that caused us trouble.
This is what I saw aswell. For the most part all the CBs were ok.

both safety's and lb's were beaten all day

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Cyp and Evans both bit hard on play action, on separate plays.

No commercial messages in sigs

Our linebackers aren't very good and the FS position is awful. That should be the focus in the offseason. Maybe we can add someone in free agency. I know Malcolm Smith will be available. As bad as this tem was, it will take time to fill holes. You can't do it all at once.

Quote:both safety's and lb's were beaten all day

233 yards passing. Yeah, they got torched!

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2014, 09:24 PM by jtmoney.)

Quote:Our linebackers aren't very good and the FS position is awful. That should be the focus in the offseason. Maybe we can add someone in free agency. I know Malcolm Smith will be available. As bad as this tem was, it will take time to fill holes. You can't do it all at once.

Lb's are definitely an issue against the pass.

McCray played well again.  I'm no expert but it appears that our entire team just bites on playaction harder than anyone in the NFL, leaving huge gaps in the middle of the field because the safeties and LBs have moved up.

It tells me we may have a defense of players with low football IQ.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

I'd say lb is a huge need to upgrade right now

CB played well. Both CB played well plus all subs that I could see. Both safety positions are the worst cover safeties in the NFL. If the NFL did not pass both would be awesome!

I say again take last years draft class away from us and we would not even notice it.In fact we may be better.

We have been biting on play actions for the last ten years. It's always been an issue. They want nice guys nice football players.

Mean football players don't bite on play action?

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Quote:Our linebackers aren't very good and the FS position is awful. That should be the focus in the offseason. Maybe we can add someone in free agency. I know Malcolm Smith will be available. As bad as this tem was, it will take time to fill holes. You can't do it all at once.
Can you fix it all in three years? Should be enough time right?

McCray played well as far as I saw.....

Cyprien seemed to play poorly, but his booster club will still probably defend him. 

Quote:McCray played well as far as I saw.....

Cyprien seemed to play poorly, but his booster club will still probably defend him.
Cyprien had the best play of the game

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2014, 11:46 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Cyprien had the best play of the game

Cyprien made tons of mistakes/ got beat in coverage all game. 

But he had that one big hit, so I guess all is forgiven from the typical message boarder. 

Quote:Cyprien made tons of mistakes/ got beat in coverage all game.

But he had that one big hit, so I guess all is forgiven from the typical message boarder.
He got beat once, maybe twice. He killed several drives by the Titans. But I guess all is forgotten, because the Titans scored a whopping 16 pts

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2014, 12:17 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:He got beat once, maybe twice. He killed several drives by the Titans. But I guess all is forgotten, because the Titans scored a whopping 16 pts

The pass defense also gave up a career day for Checkdown Charlie Whitehurst in yards. Cyprien had a big hand in this.