Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Alex Mack

Looks like a broken leg. Sucks for him and the Browns.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That is a HUGE hit for the browns. Hope the best for Alex.

Wouldn't have happened if Dave had just given him $100 mil a year!

I kid of course. Wish Alex the best, and I'm sure whatever scrub Cleveland throws out there at center next week will look like the second coming of Alex Mack against us, because Jaguars
10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.

Quote:Wouldn't have happened if Dave had just given him $100 mil a year!

I kid of course. Wish Alex the best, and I'm sure whatever scrub Cleveland throws out there at center next week will look like the second coming of Alex Mack against us, because Jaguars

Alex Mack is a Pro Bowler. There is going to be a huge drop in talent at that position. Now that you mention money, I realize his injury takes away the best pregame storyline before it could start.

Hopefully,  Alex Mack will make a full recovery for the 2015 season.

It's hard for any team to replace a Center on the level of Mack.   In a tight division with each team in contention,  this is the type of injury that could prove to be the difference in a negative way for the Browns.t

Get well soon Mackdaddy.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Hopefully,  Alex Mack will make a full recovery for the 2015 season.

It's hard for any team to replace a center on the level of Mack.   In a tight division with each team in contention,  this is the type of injury that could prove to be the difference in a negative way for the Browns.t

I don't think one offensive lineman can make or break a season. The Browns won today while losing Mack. But there is no doubt his injury just made the road a lot rougher for Cleveland.

Get well soon, Alex. We miss you in Jacksonville.

Quote:I don't think one offensive lineman can make or break a season. The Browns won today while losing Mack. But there is no doubt his injury just made the road a lot rougher for Cleveland.

Get well soon, Alex. We miss you in Jacksonville.

What was the score of the game when Alex Mack went down?   Unless the injury happened early in the game,  the Browns were in good position playing with a lead.  Especially since their Defensive unit is a strength.

Many times a team will overcome an injury to a key Offensive Lineman.   But replacing a Pro Bowl caliber Center is difficult.  In a division with very little margin of error,  the Browns have a major obstacle they must hurdle.   It will be interesting to see how the injury to Mack affects both their running game and passing game.  With Brian Hoyer increasing his contract leverage by the week,   his future could easily be impacted negatively because of the loss of Mack.

Normally losing one lineman shouldn't cause that much of a drop off but Mack was the best at his position and if im not mistaken, he makes the checks for the line presnap. I expect a bit of a drop off protection wise for Hoyer. Still, the Browns, the freakin Browns, look decent this year
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Quote:What was the score of the game when Alex Mack went down?   Unless the injury happened early in the game,  the Browns were in good position playing with a lead.  Especially since their Defensive unit is a strength.

Many times a team will overcome an injury to a key Offensive Lineman.   But replacing a Pro Bowl caliber Center is difficult.  In a division with very little margin of error,  the Browns have a major obstacle they must hurdle.   It will be interesting to see how the injury to Mack affects both their running game and passing game.  With Brian Hoyer increasing his contract leverage by the week,   his future could easily be impacted negatively because of the loss of Mack.

The article on NFL.com only says it happened during the second quarter. For all I know it could have been tied at the time.

Quote:Mack was hurt during a second-quarter rushing attempt by the Browns, crumbling to the ground as trainers descended. Fitted with an air cast over his left leg, Mack was carted off to the locker room and quickly ruled out by the team.

He'll never be the same. 

Quote:He'll never be the same. 

What makes you think that? Bone fractures are not like soft tissue injuries. When they heal, most of the time everything is normal again.

Who this really sucks for is Manziel. Having Mack in there would have been very beneficial to the rookie when they inserted him into the lineup this year. 

Quote:Who this really sucks for is Manziel. Having Mack in there would have been very beneficial to the rookie when they inserted him into the lineup this year. 

When did they insert him into the lineup? Last time I checked, Brian Hoyer was the starter.

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2014, 01:57 PM by badger.)

this helps our chances Sunday

The Browns running game is beastly right now

Tough loss for the Browns. No doubt there will be a drop off in production without him. He's the best at his position.

Also, notice how all the players show their respect for him right before he leaves the field? Even one of the officials got a fist bump in there.

Quote:This helps our chances Sunday

The Browns running game is beastly right now.

Unfortunatley the Browns still were able to score a lot after he went out, but I agree their run game will suck in Jacksonville.

Good news for Mack: the weight-bearing tibia is fine, so he can walk normally without assistance. From NFL.com:

Quote:Center Alex Mack's campaign is over after he suffered a broken fibula in Sunday's 31-10 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday. He is expected to make a full recovery.

Quote:The article on NFL.com only says it happened during the second quarter. For all I know it could have been tied at the time.

I saw the play last night.   The score was Browns 14, Steelers 3 at the time of Alex Mack's injury.

To make matters worse for the Browns,  in the same game they lost DE Armonty Bryant for the season as a result of a torn ACL.

Quote:I saw the play last night.   The score was Browns 14, Steelers 3 at the time of Alex Mack's injury.

To make matters worse for the Browns,  in the same game they lost DE Armonty Bryant for the season as a result of a torn ACL.

Thats almost as bad as the Patriots losing Ridley and their starting ILB in the same game.