Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
One more play, Gus getting hot in his seat?

Why didn't we try one more play with 12 seconds left!? It may have given Scobee a better chance. Gus coached a horrendous game!
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

3rd and 2 with 12 seconds. What if he's sacked or doesn't get a first? Can't spike it. Good decision on the FG bad decisions on the challenges. 

Quote:3rd and 2 with 12 seconds. What if he's sacked or doesn't get a first? Can't spike it. Good decision on the FG bad decisions on the challenges. 

In the words of Clark Wilhelm Griswold.... Does it really matter Eddie?

I wouldn't doubt BB in that situation. He would have made a play or an incomplete pass.

I had no problem with the attempt, I just had a problem with the rest of the game. 

Quote:Why didn't we try one more play with 12 seconds left!? It may have given Scobee a better chance. Gus coached a horrendous game!
what play would you have called?

Gus's seat should be a little warm.  There's no excuse for how this team has been coached.  That's not to say he should be fired, but his seat should most certainly be warm right now. 

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

It is hard to come up with valid reasons why Gus' seat isn't getting at least warm. He has shown nothing but ineptitude in not only starting Henne, but his situation coaching has been awful.

Gus should have a warm seat at this point.  

0-6.

I dont expect him to be fired but I do expect him to get something together so that his bum doesnt get warm....

Quote:Why didn't we try one more play with 12 seconds left!? It may have given Scobee a better chance. Gus coached a horrendous game!

Would you have started this thread if they go for it and Bortles gets sacked?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:3rd and 2 with 12 seconds. What if he's sacked or doesn't get a first? Can't spike it. Good decision on the FG bad decisions on the challenges. 

Simple, call a roll-out pass and have Bortles throw it away if there's nothing to be gained. Sure there is the chance you give up a quick sack, but it was a 55 yard FG, not a high percentage play, either. I'd have taken my chances on getting another 5-10 yards along the sideline within 12 seconds than hitting a 55 yard field goal.

"Gus Bradley to the principal's office"

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I wanted  them take a shot at the endzone first

I think if we don't win at least 7 games in 2015, Gus is going to be canned

The 2 challenges alone should make his seat hot... Not even just warm...

The dude seems way out of his element.

This isn't a situation like Belecheat where he learns from mistakes with this team and then moves on to another team where he becomes a dynastic coach. He's just not HC material.

The only way I see him keeping his job is by throwing his OC and DC under the bus. And he's just not that smart to do that.

He's gonna rah rah us to death untill it becomes obvious to EVERYONE that he's not a manager of an NFL team.

Quote:what play would you have called?

I would have rolled out to the right and if the play wasn't there, toss it out of bounds. Better than nothing I suppose.

Quote:Simple, call a roll-out pass and have Bortles throw it away if there's nothing to be gained. Sure there is the chance you give up a quick sack, but it was a 55 yard FG, not a high percentage play, either. I'd have taken my chances on getting another 5-10 yards along the sideline within 12 seconds than hitting a 55 yard field goal.

Didn't see this before I posted above. This clearly shows there are ways to try and still have a shot.

Quote:I would have rolled out to the right and if the play wasn't there, toss it out of bounds. Better than nothing I suppose.

What if they call a blitz to that side and come so fast that Bortles gets sacked without ever having a chance

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:What if they call a blitz to that side and come so fast that Bortles gets sacked without ever having a chance

Still, I want some killer instinct. Look at the Pats. No matter what, they never let off the gas, regardless if they are winning or losing.