Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who is the booth guy?!?

26 points by the d in two weeks is good enough for me. We need an o-line that can run and pass block and receivers that can separate and catch.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Which was a career high for him according to the announcers today.

At a minimum Fisch and Babich need to go and I'm not sure Gus shouldn't be right behind them.  He chose two poor coordinators to start his coaching career with and it will likely be the death of him here if he doesn't fix it.

Yup, that's how I feel about it. 

The guy in the booth?  Ray Charles' ghost.....

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Quote:Don't think we're going to be holding many teams to 16 points with how flaky that secondary was, just lucky Ponytail Jesus missed on a lot of easy throws. 

Yeah, even when they play good we certainly can't give them any credit.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

IMO Caldwell's done alright. Seems he picked the correct QB which usually makes or breaks GM's. A lot of his draft picks have shown some potential, with my only major concern being Joekel. Coaching has been the major issue this season, I would let Caldwell continue to see what he can do, but if Bradley continues down this path I would think about making a change there.

Caldwell is batting .500 in FA.  That's the only gripe on the guy, IMO.  And that's not much of a gripe. 

In the draft he probably drafted Gratz too high for a guy that will probably be a nickel next year. Joeckel is the only other question mark - and he may still be a very good LT.  He's still green. 

That's it. 

-------------------------

Bradley  has made 4 or 5 bad in game decisions and that's becoming inexcusable. Whoever is talking to him from the booth on challenges needs to be replaced. That's for sure.  I'd like to know what the process is there.  

-------------------------

Fisch called three great drives today only to watch his team shoot themselves in the foot on two of them. He also put his team in position to win in the waning seconds, only to watch a failure by the ST unit.  It was conservative - but should have hung at least 24 points - which would have been plenty against this opponent. 

Quote:Yeah, even when they play good we certainly can't give them any credit.

But they didn't play good, so that's why we're not giving them credit.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Really?

Joeckel looks like a bust

Cyprian is legit a good 2nd round pick

Gratz has already been demoted and we're hoping he can salvage the pick by playing a smaller role at nickle

Sanders and Robinson get tons of hype and little production

Evans, Harris and McCray are all role players but that's expected for late round picks. 

It's to early to tell about this years class but Bortles appears to be a home run hit. 

Too early to call Joeckel a bust IMO. He needs an entire off-season in the big boys weight room, then we can make a decision on him after next season.

He is absolutely spot on about the dink and dunk offense being crap.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:But they didn't play good, so that's why we're not giving them credit.

16 points is a fine day for any NFL defense, especially when the titans frequently got a short field.. But let's not let facts interrupt our regularly scheduled freak out.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I actually think this years draft picks look good, ARob and Bortles especially. Linder and Bowenko look alright aswell. Beadles has been a real disappointment. Defensively the scheme doesnt seem to suit the players we have (plus some of the secondary is horrible). Leaving TE's open constantly is inexcusable. imagine Graham or Gronk against us...

Only ever rushing 4 makes us easy to scheme against. The tackling is actually laughable though.

Offensively theres alot of drops by the receivers and too many turnovers

Coaching is extremely questionable, especially in game coaching and playcalling. The offensive playcalling is utterly shocking. calling screens 75% of the time is rediculous, and doesnt play to any of Bortles strengths

Screens are our friend, and Bortles is good at it. I was happy with the play calling.

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2014, 04:40 PM by Scarecrow.)

It shouldn't be hard to upgrade the coordinators, they both are bottom few in the league at this point.  Jedd is too conservative and I don't want him coaching up Blake Bortles.  Bortles needs better than that.

Babich might just be a figurehead but whoever is in charge of that defense we've been running they need to go.  I don't care if it's Bradley or Babich, get rid of them.  The defense is soft and it's sad to watch.  I know I know, only 16 points.  16 points to the Titans' equivalent of Chad Henne.

Quote:I feel like we got better.

Well, Bortles did his job. There were massive let downs all over though. We -almost- scraped out a win on a 1-4 team playing their backup qb. If that is getting better, we're really in trouble.

Quote:16 points is a fine day for any NFL defense, especially when the titans frequently got a short field.. But let's not let facts interrupt our regularly scheduled freak out.

Your only looking at the box score, the tacks moved the ball all day long. A few misfires in the endzone is why it's 16 and not 24 or more. 

It's almost as if Jags fans haven't seen a legitimate NFL offense for so long that they don't see just how bad Jedd's offense is.

Blake is a good one and he needs a better offensive system to grow in.  This short, conservative offense is a joke.

Quote:Yeah, even when they play good we certainly can't give them any credit.

lol @ play good, so many missed tackles, so many blown coverages, but hey they held a bad team starting a mediocre backup qb to 16 points SUPERBOWL!!!  Lol give me a break.

Quote:He is absolutely spot on about the dink and dunk offense being crap.

Dinking and Dunking to 340 yards. I'll take it.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

17 seconds and you don't run one more play. Bradley lost this game with very poor coaching. we should have had a time out but for poor chalanges. Blake is the real deal but he can't carry the secondary and offensive line.

Quote:lol @ play good, so many missed tackles, so many blown coverages, but hey they held a bad team starting a mediocre backup qb to 16 points SUPERBOWL!!!  Lol give me a break.

Whitehurst isn't even mediocre, he's bottom of the barrel when it comes to backups! 3rd tier BACKUPS! 

Quote:It's almost as if Jags fans haven't seen a legitimate NFL offense for so long that they don't see just how bad Jedd's offense is.

Blake is a good one and he needs a better offensive system to grow in.  This short, conservative offense is a joke.

Yup