Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why does our offense only look competent on the first drive?

We always have a good first drive, get 3 or 7 points and then it's punt, punt, punt, punt and maybe a fg sprinkled in.

This is sad.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Adjustments the opposing team does it and we don't. Every part of this team is garbage. 0-17 because we will lose the bye as well

Quote:Adjustments the opposing team does it and we don't. Every part of this team is garbage. 0-17 because we will lose the bye as well
You're 100% right.  There is no way a team can win with an offensive line and DB's that aren't good enough to play on a Junior High team

I'm starting to lean toward coaching over players (obviously its both), but when you look at first quarter, then first half, then second half there's huge differences. That's coaching inability, especially after halftime.

We will not go 0-16.  If we did, then we could probably trade down and get a bunch of picks.  Instead, we'll win just enough to draft around 3-5..

i think its coaching as well. whether its fisch or whoever........ its a very conservative offense, no downfield attacking, screens, quick hitters..... all short yardage. not seeing a lot of blake rolling out either.

you want the offense to be more dangerous? use your qb who is great on the move. get some pressure off the LOS by going downfield.

idk if fisch or gus call the plays but if im gus and im not calling them, i make some changes.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Can we take play calling duties away from Fisch?  Like... yesterday?  Pretty sure we could find an 8 ball to do the job.  (Just be sure to take out Screen Passes out of the 8 ball before handing it to Gus)

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Why is anyone who watched the gmae saying we never go downfield? Board members are acting like there were no long pass attempts all day, that everything wasx a slant or screen. Watch it again. It was obvious some passes were medium or long in length. The fact that some were incomplete means more were called than Blake Bortles got credit for.

Also, people should remember when Bortles gets sacked, it is because he tries to throw deep. He takes a five-step drop and looks for an open receiver downfield. How is this so hard to figure out?

Before you question playcalling, think about the execution.

Quote:You're 100% right. There is no way a team can win with an offensive line and DB's that aren't good enough to play on a Junior High team

We gave up 233 yards passing today. Got to love clueless posts.

Quote:Can we take play calling duties away from Fisch? Like... yesterday? Pretty sure we could find an 8 ball to do the job. (Just be sure to take out Screen Passes out of the 8 ball before handing it to Gus)
Heck, just let Bortles call the plays
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:We gave up 233 yards passing today. Got to love clueless posts.
185 in the first half, but they tightened up in the 2nd half. Defense does look like it is improving, atleast. The allowance of explosive plays was ridiculous in the first half, though. They had 4 or 5, I believe?
No commercial messages in sigs

I thought we looked fairly competent and Bortles drove us down the field several times but there was always some costly turnover or penalty that just killed our drives. The team needs to learn to take better care of the ball.

Quote:Why is anyone who watched the gmae saying we never go downfield? Board members are acting like there were no long pass attempts all day, that everything wasx a slant or screen. Watch it again. It was obvious some passes were medium or long in length. The fact that some were incomplete means more were called than Blake Bortles got credit for.

Also, people should remember when Bortles gets sacked, it is because he tries to throw deep. He takes a five-step drop and looks for an open receiver downfield. How is this so hard to figure out?

Sometimes you scare me by making perfect sense. Carry on....

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Quote:Sometimes you scare me by making perfect sense. Carry on....

But then other times....

Coaches, coordinators are too dumb to make adjustments.

Quote:Why is anyone who watched the gmae saying we never go downfield? Board members are acting like there were no long pass attempts all day, that everything wasx a slant or screen. Watch it again. It was obvious some passes were medium or long in length. The fact that some were incomplete means more were called than Blake Bortles got credit for.

Oh I think about executing Jags players and coaches every game.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Sometimes you scare me by making perfect sense. Carry on....

LOL Are you serious?

Even with the loss, this is the best 4th quarter they've had in years IMO.  So... yea the Jaguars pretty much made this thread irrelevant today as far as I'm concerned (though the OP was on point historically).  

Quote:LOL Are you serious?
Not really... Good points, though.

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

The offense looks better on the first drive because the first 10-15 plays of an NFL game are often scripted to take advantage of opponent weakness and to play to our strengths. The problem is that other teams adjust and we don't due to poor coaching.

Lack of adjustments are also especially evident after half time. It's sickening to watch as a Jags fan, but Bradley looks lost out there.