Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Todman

I feel like we need to properly acknowledge he is a beast returning kicks.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I feel like we need to properly acknowledge he is a beast returning kicks.

[Image: question-31842991.jpeg]

He has yet to win us a game by having a huge kick return or taking one to the house.

He is average.

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2014, 06:20 PM by Predator_NFLFans.)

If Derrick Wimbush could return a kick for a TD, Todman should be able to get one soon
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:He has yet to win us a game by having a huge kick return or taking one to the house.

He is average.

I think the OP is saying we should give him more time in practice returning kickoffs than getting handoffs from Bortles.

Todman is 5th in kick return average this season and 7th last year. He never seems to break a big one, but he's pretty consistent at getting the ball past the 20.

Quote:If Derrick Wimbush could return a kick for a TD, Todman should be able to get one soon
Word. Wimbush and Elvis Joseph each had a KR TD for the Jaguars. Shoot, didn't Shyrone Stith get one? Todman is a reliable kick returner. Devin Hester is a beastly kick returner. There are a lot of intermediate steps to be taken there.

Quote:I think the OP is saying we should give him more time in practice returning kickoffs than getting handoffs from Bortles.

Well then he should have said that.

Wouldn't call him a beast. Career long of 59 yrds and zero career touchdowns. Not exactly scaring anybody.

Quote:I think the OP is saying we should give him more time in practice returning kickoffs than getting handoffs from Bortles.

The guy is our primary kick returner. You really think he isn't getting the time in practice?

Quote:I feel like we need to properly acknowledge he is a beast returning kicks.

Proof on this "beast" ability?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Not a beast but I would rather see him do that than get the ball on offense, I dont have faith in him but if he proves me wrong...welll Ill be happy Smile

Quote:Well then he should have said that.
5th at kickoff returns is pretty good, no? 

KR doesn't mean as much as it used to though either way. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Quote:The guy is our primary kick returner. You really think he isn't getting the time in practice?

I think it would help him if he only concentrated on returning kickoffs unless one of our other running backs is injured. Maybe that way he could run past the midfield logo someday.

This is one of those posts that sway me to the "ultimate troll" theory.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:This is one of those posts that sway me to the "ultimate troll" theory.

LOL I never understood that one. I am just another Jaguars fan like everyone else here.

Free Todman! Give him carries, KR, the keys to the kingdom!

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?s...fied=false

He's 10th at the moment.  Was 7th last year IIRC.  Not beast - but above average. 

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&offensiveStatisticCategory=KICK_RETURNS&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=KICK_RETURNS_AVERAGE_YARDS&tabSeq=2&season=2014&role=TM&Submit=Go&archive=false&conference=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&qualified=false'>http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&offensiveStatisticCategory=KICK_RETURNS&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=KICK_RETURNS_AVERAGE_YARDS&tabSeq=2&season=2014&role=TM&Submit=Go&archive=false&conference=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&qualified=false</a>

He's 10th at the moment. Was 7th last year IIRC. Not beast - but above average.

He's bound to break a larger one. Should push him up around 5.

He sucks.