Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles the only thing holding us back

Quote:I agree. I think we can find good RB talent outside of high round 1. 

This draft is loaded at the start with defense. I would like to see another pass rusher or corner/safety. If we have Ramsey and Hooker back there or Ngokuwe and Allen on the line, this defense will start looking really scary. 
If either one of Garrett, or Allen is there at #4, it's a no brainer imo. You take either one and don't look back.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I guess we will disagree on this one. Allen is a beast, and so is Garrett. But if Watson is there at 4, we take him and don't look back.

History says you have to have a good QB to win.

I would be thrilled to have Watson in round 2. But he won't get past Cleveland in round 1. That franchise is starving for a QB.

But if Watson is gone by the time we pick, then we draft Cook or Fournette.

History also shows that you can get a good defensive player after round 1. It's a both-sides-of the coin debate.

Quote:I guess we will disagree on this one. Allen is a beast, and so is Garrett. But if Watson is there at 4, we take him and don't look back.

I would be thrilled to have Watson in round 2. But he won't get past Cleveland in round 1. That franchise is starving for a QB.

History also shows that you can get a good defensive player after round 1. It's a both-sides-of the coin debate.
No, it's really not though man.

It's much more rare to find an elite Pass Rusher beyond the 1st round, than it is to find an elite RB beyond the 1st round.

Striking gold on somebody like Ngakoue in the 3rd round is very rare and doesn't happen often.

Every year there's multiple RBs who get drafted beyond the 1st round who break out.

I want a QB early but like day 2 early or trade up late in the first round if there is a slide. At #4 I feel like Cook is going to be a serious consideration. 

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2017, 02:12 AM by KYjaggy.)

Dallas went from 4.6 yards per carry last year to a whopping 4.8 yards per carry this year. As good as Zeke has been, I think it's really hard to argue that they wouldn't be a better team if they took Ramsey and went RB later or even just stuck with what they had. Lucky us.

Let's not be the team that uses our #4 pick on an RB and hands the Titans at #5 a stud defensive piece. 

Quote:Dallas went from 4.6 yards per carry last year to a whopping 4.8 yards per carry this year. As good as Zeke has been, I think it's really hard to argue that they wouldn't be a better team if they took Ramsey and went RB later or even just stuck with what they had. 
I think Alfred Morris would have been just fine behind that Dallas OL. That OL is so ridiculously good, it's unreal. Far and away the best OL in the league.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2017, 02:39 AM by Samjag904.)

Quote:I think Alfred Morris would have been just fine behind that Dallas OL. That OL is so ridiculously good, it's unreal. Far and away the best OL in the league.
Mcfadden even got 1k behind that line last year. Zeke is a grade A running back behind a grade A+ line. 

Watson is a great college qb but he already has one torn acl and basically the exact same frame as RG3. He is also coming from a college offense where he was not under center much, he is a classic case of a college system inflating his stats. His completion % is fine but he isn't exactly known for his accuracy either. I would not draft him at 4, he is a raw developmental player. 

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

We won't even get the chance to draft Watson. Cleveland is going to take him.

Quote:We won't even get the chance to draft Watson. Cleveland is going to take him.
Good, let them.

That seems like a Cleveland Browns kinda move. 

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

Quote:We won't even get the chance to draft Watson. Cleveland is going to take him.
doubt it but even if he's available at any point were not taking him. What weve done recently pretty much confirms its blakes job to lose

Quote:I guess we will disagree on this one. Allen is a beast, and so is Garrett. But if Watson is there at 4, we take him and don't look back.

Would you rather take Watson this year or after seeing what this year brings, have the opportunity to get one of the QBs people ate raving about that are coming out next year... Such as Darnold from USC, Rosen from UCLA and some others.

No one is drafting Watson inside of the top 5. One Read Watson will be a mid 1st rounder.

Quote:Would you rather take Watson this year or after seeing what this year brings, have the opportunity to get one of the QBs people ate raving about that are coming out next year... Such as Darnold from USC, Rosen from UCLA and some others.

If Watson is there at 4, I'd pick him. We might not get a shot at those guys next year, who knows what type of year we have.

I'm not taking any QB in the first round.

Quote:If Watson is there at 4, I'd pick him. We might not get a shot at those guys next year, who knows what type of year we have.

Additionally, who knows what type of years they have.

A lot can and likely will happen between now and the 2018 NFL draft. We're pretty much riding Bortles next year as is by default (barring some stunning trade, injury or roster cut).

Blake might play well and negate the need to draft a QB early. One of these kids might have a down year and they drop. I guess that's all part of what makes this fun/interesting.
<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:I'm not taking any QB in the first round.

Absolutely not, and I seriously doubt it happens.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]