Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles the only thing holding us back

Quote:While not on Lee, it's still a bit of an extenuating circumstance when a ball bounces the same way twice imo.

Well he clearly passed behind his WR - you don't want to get picked off? Put the ball where it should be. Those INTs are not on Lee.

Now, the pick against the Broncos that bounced off ARob and against the bears IIRC were clearly on the WR.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Which two were caused by Lee again? Are you talking about those crossing patterns where Blake threw behind Lee? If so, that's not on Lee my friend.
The one behind Lee was a little more on Bortles than Lee, but Lee still got his hands on the ball.

The other one was a little high, up around Lee's face mask and Lee got his hands on that also. That one was more so on Lee, than on Bortles.

Absolutely Bortles could and should be more accurate, but if a WR gets both hands on the ball, he's at fault just like the QB is.

Quote:Everything except this. Lee had 851 yards and 3 Tds. He didn't score his first TD until week 10 against Detroit. He also went over 100 yards in only 2 games.

I guess it's a breakout for him but these are Mike Thomas type numbers.

Good point.  I know the eye test says different, but I value your comparison.

Quote:To the OPs point, 16 INTs will hurt a defense.

Winston threw 18, they won 9 games

Quote:Winston threw 18, they won 9 games
Osweiller threw 16 in 14 games, they won 9 games this year. 

Eli Manning thew 16 picks, they won 11 games this year.

Joe Flacco threw 15 picks this year, they won 8 games.

Blake Bortles threw 16 picks this year, Jax won 3 games. 

One of these things is not like the others, three of of these teams force turnovers themselves, one does not. 

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

Didn't he lead the team with rushing TDs? ..but he's the only thing holding us back.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Didn't he lead the team with rushing TDs? ..but he's the only thing holding us back.
Yup, him and Ivory tied with 3 rushing TDs.

Bortles was also only 106 rushing yards away from being the team's leading rusher also lol.. Pathetic

Quote:OP Which QB would you have us reach for this year? None of them are projected top 5 picks. Just cause you draft them high doesn't mean they will pan out at all (see BBINT and Gabbert). 

I'd say Houston's QB position is as much a disaster as our yet their team won the division and playoff game. So if our QBs are both terrible, why are they in the divisional round and we are 3-13 lined up for a top 5 pick again? Maybe it's because the rest our team doesn't stack up against what they have? They have a defense that forces turnovers and rushes the passer well (they are the #1 3-4 D line in football---without Watt even). That is the difference. 

When you go 9 games without an INT, either your corners are pretty bad or you have low pressure on the QB. Take your pick--we know the Jags will not.

It's because they had Bill O'Brien - who is a very good HC. We had Gus Bradley, the complete opposite of Bill Belicheck in every way possible.

Quote:Yup, him and Ivory tied with 3 rushing TDs.

Bortles was also only 106 rushing yards away from being the team's leading rusher also lol.. Pathetic

Wow are you serious? So 106 more yards and he would be our leading rusher?? That's just wow. If Watson is sitting there at 4 we have to pick him, but if not we have to draft a RB. Either Fournette or Cook. We absolutely have to.

Quote:Wow are you serious? So 106 more yards and he would be our leading rusher?? That's just wow. If Watson is sitting there at 4 we have to pick him, but if not we have to draft a RB. Either Fournette or Cook. We absolutely have to.
Yup.

Yeldon had 130 carries, 465 rushing yards and 1 rushing TD.

Ivory had 117 carries, 439 rushing yards and 3 rushing TD.

Bortles had 58 carries, 359 rushing yards and 3 rushing TD.

Pretty pathetic, but I still don't want them to dump the #4 overall pick on another developmental QB, or a RB.

Would you spend the 4th overall pick on Ezekiel Elliot?

Quote:Yup.

Yeldon had 130 carries, 465 rushing yards and 1 rushing TD.

Ivory had 117 carries, 439 rushing yards and 3 rushing TD.

Bortles had 58 carries, 359 rushing yards and 3 rushing TD.

Pretty pathetic, but I still don't want them to dump the #4 overall pick on another developmental QB, or a RB.

Wow! So combined....Ivory and Yeldon couldn't even break 1,000 yards.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2017, 01:10 AM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:Would you spend the 4th overall pick on Ezekiel Elliot?
Nope Cook would though.  Blake will never get better without a great running game.  Tom knows this!  Dave will learn this! 

But here is my common sense next prediction.  Blake will have legitimate competition come first preseason game.  No way Tom will allow his legacy to sink over Bortles or any qb.  Blake will have to earn that position.  Regardless of his contract.  

Once again no insider information.  But.... All us older fans.  Know Tom and the way he is! 

And I don't care what is said on press conference.  Tom is the new sheriff in Jacksonville.   And he won't care who likes it. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Nope Cook would though. Blake will never get better without a great running game. Tom knows this! Dave will learn this!

Elliot has 1600 yards and 15 touchdowns. I understand what you are trying to say though. You would be willing to draft Dalvin Cook with the 4th pick.

But it was a rhetorical question in a sense. Any team that had their leading rusher run UNDER 500 yards and score a measly 1 touchdown would take Ezekiel Elliot.

Cool stat of the day. TJ Yeldon has only 4 rushes of 20 plus yards. He's been on the NFL for 2 years and he has a whopping 3 rushing touchdowns.

Auto correct keeps spelling Elliott as Elliot.

Wanted to point that out for the spelling bee people.

Quote:Elliot has 1600 yards and 15 touchdowns. I understand what you are trying to say though. You would be willing to draft Dalvin Cook with the 4th pick.

But it was a rhetorical question in a sense. Any team that had their leading rusher run UNDER 500 yards and score a measly 1 touchdown would take Ezekiel Elliot.

Cool stat of the day. TJ Yeldon has only 4 rushes of 20 plus yards. He's been on the NFL for 2 years and he has a whopping 3 rushing touchdowns.
The answer is prior to draft yes.  After draft no.  Personally I am way to busy to keep up with the whole Nfl.  So with that said while you are 100% correct.  Once drafted it will remain no.  Only root for the Jags only watch the Jags.  Not cause homer.  Cause have no time to watch anyone else. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Would you spend the 4th overall pick on Ezekiel Elliot?
Nope.

While I think Zeke is a good RB, Dallas' OLine is the best in the business. He consistently was able to run 10+ yards down field before he'd even get touched.

Jordan Howard, the RB for the Bears was a 5th round draft pick this year. He just ran for 1,313 yards and 6 TD, in basically 13 games. The Bears' OLine isn't anywhere close to the caliber that Dallas' is. Add into the QB issues that the Bears had to deal with this season.

What he did is more impressive than what Zeke has did this year, in my opinion.

For me it comes down to 2 players in round 1. Watson or a RB.

I'm cool with Cook bc he's a homerun hitter. Can score anywhere on the field. And I'm cool with Fournette. A pounder between the tackles with speed to turn the corner.

Quote:For me it comes down to 2 players in round 1. Watson or a RB.

I'm cool with Cook bc he's a homerun hitter. Can score anywhere on the field. And I'm cool with Fournette. A pounder between the tackles with speed to turn the corner.
History has proven that you don't have to draft a RB in the top 5, or even in the 1st round to hit a home run. I'd be fine with either Cook, or Fournette. I just wouldn't be fine with taking one at #4, with some of the other possible prospects that could be there.

I'd be very happy with Watson at the beginning of the 2nd round. But I think drafting another raw and developmental QB in the top 5 would be a mistake.

Quote:Nope.

While I think Zeke is a good RB, Dallas' OLine is the best in the business. He consistently was able to run 10+ yards down field before he'd even get touched.

Jordan Howard, the RB for the Bears was a 5th round draft pick this year. He just ran for 1,313 yards and 6 TD, in basically 13 games. The Bears' OLine isn't anywhere close to the caliber that Dallas' is. Add into the QB issues that the Bears had to deal with this season.

What he did is more impressive than what Zeke has did this year, in my opinion.
I agree. I think we can find good RB talent outside of high round 1. 

This draft is loaded at the start with defense. I would like to see another pass rusher or corner/safety. If we have Ramsey and Hooker back there or Ngokuwe and Allen on the line, this defense will start looking really scary. 

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius.