Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Prince

Quote:I'd offer him 4 years at 6.5 per year - only 13 mil guaranteed. 26mil max with playing time incentives.

If he gets a bet offer - let him walk and draft a guy in the 2nd or third.

I'd be surprised if he accepts anything under 8 million.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I think we draft a corner early regardless. House and Prince are stopgaps and Colvin's not the answer.
I'd love for Gareon Conley to last till the second round and become a Jaguar, but yes, there are a number of other CBs worthy of a pick in this draft. I'd like to see one selected prior to the fifth.

Quote:Daniel Jeremiah – Verified account ‏@MoveTheSticks

This draft has the deepest/most talented group of CBs I've seen in several years. Also, loaded with edge rushers, safeties, RBs and TEs.

10:55 AM - 11 Jan 2017

Then again this may be an option

Yup. This is a stacked CB draft. Its not top heavy with an elite CB like Jalen last year, but there's a lot of starters here. I'd bring back Prince (who really did play solid without consistent pass rush) for the now, and take a CB in the 3rd round who will be capable of eventually overtaking him. 

AJ looks promising and intriguing: but

A) Is he a contract year guy?

B) That Houston pass rush is miles ahead of ours. 

Quote:Yup. This is a stacked CB draft. Its not top heavy with an elite CB like Jalen last year, but there's a lot of starters here. I'd bring back Prince (who really did play solid without consistent pass rush) for the now, and take a CB in the 3rd round who will be capable of eventually overtaking him.

AJ looks promising and intriguing: but

A) Is he a contract year guy?

B) That Houston pass rush is miles ahead of ours.
Yeah, and he'll want top dollar. Prince, from all accounts, has a good relationship with TC and will probably want to stay. Then we can grab an Eli Apple level DB in the draft. Plus Colvin, who I think will be better without Gus system. We should be good at DB aside from a better coverage SS (maybe a healthy Sample)
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2017, 08:38 AM by Caldrac.)

Just throwing this out there. In the event we can't resign Prince this off-season. Do you all think it's possible Caldwell/Coughlin pull the trigger on a CB like Humphrey out of Alabama at the No. 4 slot if they miss out on Garrett or Allen? I think it's possible. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:Just throwing this out there. In the event we can't resign Prince this off-season. Do you all think it's possible Caldwell/Coughlin pull the trigger on a CB like Humphrey out of Alabama at the No. 4 slot if they miss out on Garrett or Allen? I think it's possible.

Zero chance that will happen. For tons of reasons.

Quote:Zero chance that will happen. For tons of reasons.

Is that due to you thinking Humphrey isn't worth the No. 4 overall slot in the event we're not able to the top flight DE or DT? Or is it because of philosophy with the staff or that you believe we will resign Prince? Just curious. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:Is that due to you thinking Humphrey isn't worth the No. 4 overall slot in the event we're not able to the top flight DE or DT? Or is it because of philosophy with the staff or that you believe we will resign Prince? Just curious.

1) I don't think Humphrey is that good

2) I don't think we need to spend another high pick on a CB in a really deep db draft

3) There are far better players at positions of greater need that can he had with the #4.

Quote:1) I don't think Humphrey is that good

2) I don't think we need to spend another high pick on a CB in a really deep db draft

3) There are far better players at positions of greater need that can he had with the #4.

I don't necessarily agree with #2 and #3. IF we believe that Tom and Dave are big NEEDS drafter (as their history indicate), and assuming Prince doesn't come back since he's a FA...

I will argue that CB becomes our biggest need. At any other position of "need", there's an incumbent there, a decent/solid starter or a young guy with promise.

QB - Blake

DE - Fowler/Yannick

T - Beachum/Parnell

If House is let go (as many expect) and Prince isn't brought back, our CB depth is Jalen, Colvin, and....Josh Johnson? 

Quote:I don't necessarily agree with #2 and #3. IF we believe that Tom and Dave are big NEEDS drafter (as their history indicate), and assuming Prince doesn't come back since he's a FA...

I will argue that CB becomes our biggest need. At any other position of "need", there's an incumbent there, a decent/solid starter or a young guy with promise.

QB - Blake

DE - Fowler/Yannick

T - Beachum/Parnell

If House is let go (as many expect) and Prince isn't brought back, our CB depth is Jalen, Colvin, and....Josh Johnson?

The draft is mixture if BAP and need. Picking a CB at #4 is just not good value. Yeah sure a Ramsey type player is worth the #4 but there arn't any Ramsey level cbs in this this draft. There is a ton of very good CBs though so it would make more sense to draft one later.

Quote:The draft is mixture if BAP and need. Picking a CB at #4 is just not good value. Yeah sure a Ramsey type player is worth the #4 but there arn't any Ramsey level cbs in this this draft. There is a ton of very good CBs though so it would make more sense to draft one later.

Historically, both Tom and Dave have been HUUUGE Needs drafter. Seriously, look at their drafts. 

Boselli, Stewart, Hardy, Wynn, Fred (keep in mind it was going to be Enis at this spot had he not been drafted), Donovin (similarly, it was going to be Shaun Williams, but he was taken one spot ahead of Donovin), Fernando, Soward (ugh). 

Dave's picks of Luke, Blake, and Fowler are classic needs pick and need no further explanation.

Quote:Historically, both Tom and Dave have been HUUUGE Needs drafter. Seriously, look at their drafts.

Boselli, Stewart, Hardy, Wynn, Fred (keep in mind it was going to be Enis at this spot had he not been drafted), Donovin (similarly, it was going to be Shaun Williams, but he was taken one spot ahead of Donovin), Fernando, Soward (ugh).

Dave's picks of Luke, Blake, and Fowler are classic needs pick and need no further explanation.

I get what you are saying but it still doesn't make any CB in this draft worth a #4 especially when you consider our needs, the players who will be available at #4 and the fact that CB is one of the deepest spots in this draft.

Also Luke was the best tackle prospect for years, I wouldn't call that a classic need pick.

Quote:Historically, both Tom and Dave have been HUUUGE Needs drafter. Seriously, look at their drafts. 

Luke was not a classic need pick in any way, shape or form.  It was actually quite the opposite, as you could argue that LT was one of the only spots on that team where a serviceable starter was already in place.  Hell, LT and RB were probably the only spots where we had solid starters.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/te...roster.htm

Quote:Luke was not a classic need pick in any way, shape or form.  It was actually quite the opposite, as you could argue that LT was one of the only spots on that team where a serviceable starter was already in place.  Hell, LT and RB were probably the only spots where we had solid starters.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/te...roster.htm

While we had Monroe, I think it became very clear that he wasn't a guy on Dave's long-term vision. There was an interview with Dave around that draft and he basically said he wanted to "hit" what he considered were the three premium spots: LT, QB, DE.

Which, years later, is what he basically did.

Quote:I get what you are saying but it still doesn't make any CB in this draft worth a #4 especially when you consider our needs, the players who will be available at #4 and the fact that CB is one of the deepest spots in this draft.

Also Luke was the best tackle prospect for years, I wouldn't call that a classic need pick.

Kevin Hardy was a LB in a LB heavy draft and we took him #2.

I don't know how these guys are going to get stacked by this FO, but so far for me...once you get past Garrett and Allen, it all becomes a bit more cloudy. Hooker and Adams are talents, but there's always a question when you take a safety (especially a SS in Adams' case) that they better be special if you're taking them that high.

Same can be said with RB (and we still have a 2nd rounder in TJ there and an expensive FA signee in Ivory) taking them at 4. I know its trendy to take RB top 5 given Elliott's success in Dallas, but just as CB class is deep in this draft,...so is the RB

I just know this.....seeing what Tom,Dave and Doug do with this roster, draft and FA is going to be exciting.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Bringing back Prince should be a pretty easy choice. We won't be able to afford Bouye.

#2 cornerback doesnt take precedence over any of our other big needs.

Quote:I'd be surprised if he accepts anything under 8 million.
If he doesn't I wouldn't bring him back.

Quote:Zero chance that will happen. For tons of reasons.

No chance we draft a DB at number 4. Jalen Ramsey was an absolute stud and he fell all the way to 5 last year. There ain't no DBs in this draft that are as talented as Jalen.