Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fisch and Babich

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2014, 04:55 PM by jtmoney.)

Quote:I'd move him to penny.

Holy crap, that was hilarious. My gOD you're funny.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I won't disagree......thats one week though.

Are the Jags going to keep it up and end the season with a respectable points against total?? Or will they top 400 again?....the safe money at this point is on the over 400 points.

The 1990 Cowboys with a bunch of no names managed a defense that gave up only roughly 300 points. Gus sucks.

So from yesterday to today it went from you questioning that maybe Gus needs to go... To "Gus sucks." Pretty standard TMD.

Every now and then you spark a nice debate with logic but overall the board was a lot better when you were gone.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Draft position is certainly part of it. He will probably play nickel. Let's see how he does. You don't cut a guy with his potential this early.

I think the idea is to let him try to earn his spot back. If he has to start at nickel and IF he winds up outplaying McCray, well great, if not, it would actually be a good problem to have.

Its only year 2 for him regardless. If he winds up being a great nickel guy then that's cool...if he gets his stuff together and gets a starting too 2 corner job back, that's great too. Either way we need productivity out of both spots.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:I keep hearing all this about Gratz moving to nickel... Is there any real proof behind this notion?

Not really.  FBT seems to know something but hasn't stated anything definitive -  and Oehser said he "wouldn't rule it out."

Given Blackmon's average at best showing there and the high snap count in nickel - it makes sense. 

Quote:So from yesterday to today it went from you questioning that maybe Gus needs to go... To "Gus sucks." Pretty standard TMD.

Every now and then you spark a nice debate with logic but overall the board was a lot better when you were gone.

Oh, relax. It was just a little fun. 

Even if I did feel that way, why does it get your panties in a bunch??

People are allowed to believe that Gus isn't good if they choose. 

I can't believe this team has had so much trouble finding a competent offensive coordinator for what almost seems like the past 10 years.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2014, 05:04 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I can't believe this team has had so much trouble finding a competent offensive coordinator for what almost seems like the past 10 years.

They had one with Koetter....

He managed a 400+ point offense in 2007 with Garrard throwing to Reggie Williams/ Ernest Wilford/ Matt Loaf/ and Dennis Northcutt, and Marcedes. 

Thats quite amazing, really. 

Quote:I can't believe this team has had so much trouble finding a competent offensive coordinator for what almost seems like the past 10 years.
They haven't found a QB until now.  The prior coordinators were somewhat doomed by that.  Fisch has had 2.5 games with a rookie.  

Quote:They had one with Koetter....

He managed a 400+ point offense in 2007 with Garrard throwing to Reggie Williams/ Ernest Wilford/ Matt Loaf/ and Dennis Northcutt, and Marcedes. 

But you left out the two All Pro running backs?

Koetter did well but he was also partially responsible for the "Play not to lose" offense that we're so critical of here.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:Not really.  FBT seems to know something but hasn't stated anything definitive -  and Oehser said he "wouldn't rule it out."

Given Blackmon's average at best showing there and the high snap count in nickel - it makes sense. 

Personally I think Blackmon has been terrible. Even last week when the defense played better, he looked a step behind his guy.

Quote:They haven't found a QB until now.  The prior coordinators were somewhat doomed by that.  Fisch has had 2.5 games with a rookie.  

Fisch with 10 Q of Bortles has overseen an offense that has scored 

17, 14, then 9. 

Going in the right direction there, Fisch-sticks. 

Quote:Koetter did well but he was also partially responsible for the "Play not to lose" offense that we're so critical of here.

I disagree. I think that was because Garrard was known for 4th quarter boners.

Quote:But you left out the two All Pro running backs?

^ this. And the road grading offensive line with Manuwai, Naeole, and Meester. A game managing QB like Garrard was perfect for that era and offense.

Then when Freddy left the era of the Mike Thomas reverse and bubble screen began.

Quote:But you left out the two All Pro running backs?

Actually neither were "all-pro", but hyperbole nonetheless, they had that in 2006 prior to Koetter and the offense wasn't nearly as good as 2007. 

Koetter did a great job. 

Quote:Koetter did well but he was also partially responsible for the "Play not to lose" offense that we're so critical of here.

No he was not. Thats on JDR. He's the one that was so fond of conservative philosophy. 

Quote:Fisch with 10 Q of Bortles has overseen an offense that has scored 

17, 14, then 9. 

Going in the right direction there, Fisch-sticks. 
LOL. That's an obvious "trend."   They'll start scoring more in the coming weeks.  The line is starting to play with some remote semblance of inconsistent functionality and the young receivers are figuring things out.  I' not concerned with those numbers at all when there are6 or 7 rookies on the field offensively. 

Also - LOL at 10 quarters.  So pathetic that you think that constitutes anything. 

Quote:Actually neither were "all-pro", but hyperbole nonetheless, they had that in 2006 prior to Koetter and the offense wasn't nearly as good as 2007. 

Koetter did a great job. 

Taylor was Second Team All Pro that year...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_All-Pro_Team

Quote:Oh, relax. It was just a little fun.

Even if I did feel that way, why does it get your panties in a bunch??

People are allowed to believe that Gus isn't good if they choose.

Because you're just running your agenda. Let's not forget that Gus is your sixth choice, sir.

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2014, 05:14 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:LOL. That's an obvious "trend."   They'll start scoring more in the coming weeks.  The line is starting to play with some remote semblance of inconsistent functionality and the young receivers are figuring things out.  I' not concerned with those numbers at all when there are6 or 7 rookies on the field offensively. 

Also - LOL at 10 quarters.  So pathetic that you think that constitutes anything. 

I wonder what the trend was pointwise in Andrew Luck's first 3 games?....

Bortles is comparable in talent to Luck, but Arians>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Fisch.