Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
An NFL franchise in London a step closer?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footbal...enant.html

I know it's only a minor factor, but one of the obstacles that very often gets brought up during London franchise discussions is that Wembley stadium would be unable to host a full 8 game + home schedule. It now seems the Football Association are suggesting they will move England games out of Wembley to allow for an NFL franchise to move in.

I see loads of pointless articles and speculation on a franchise here, but for the FA to openly talk of moving England games to other stadiums made this article interesting. I also read a very similar article on the BBC website today

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/11150316/England-may-leave-Wembley-as-the-Football-Association-chases-NFL-tenant.html'>http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/11150316/England-may-leave-Wembley-as-the-Football-Association-chases-NFL-tenant.html</a>

I know it's only a minor factor, but one of the obstacles that very often gets brought up during London franchise discussions is that Wembley stadium would be unable to host a full 8 game + home schedule. It now seems the Football Association are suggesting they will move England games out of Wembley to allow for an NFL franchise to move in.

I see loads of pointless articles and speculation on a franchise here, but for the FA to openly talk of moving England games to other stadiums made this article interesting. I also read a very similar article on the BBC website today

One of my clients at work is decently high up in sales for wembley events, what he's said to me (and obviously this is completely rumour so don't flame on just passing on second hand information for the purpose of a topic) is that there won't be any 1 of us in wembley after 2018 because of two reasons

1) the players absolutely hate it

2) there will be a franchise here

Having an NFL team in England remains the most stupid idea I've ever heard of. Not surprised that its one of Goodell's biggest agenda's. 

Its the kind of idea that happens when greed supercedes common sense. 

It will be a cash cow for the first 2 years until everyone loses interest

Quote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footbal...enant.html

The Amsterdam Arena could handle 5 home games and soccer at the same time just fine and the grass there wasn't even half the quality of the grass in Wembley.

There are a lot bigger issues to contend with than the stadium situation for an NFL franchise calling London home. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

The only way an NFL franchise works anywhere in Europe will be when SST becomes feasible.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

If London does get a team, it's not going to be for the next 20 years, and even further, the only way I see that working is that they have multiple European teams.. And they tried it already with NFL Europe.. Failed miserably.. Maybe Goodell could lighten up on the crystal meth and give it a rest.. 

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Quote:It will be a cash cow for the first 2 years until everyone loses interest

How can a team really be successful in London with the disadvantages it will have, including the very long flights overseas?

I would also think they might have a hard time attracting top FA, unless of course they overpay them.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Well since most people on here are convinced that there will be a NFL team to London my next question to everyone is who is the team that will play there in the near future? 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:Well since most people on here are convinced that there will be a NFL team to London my next question to everyone is who is the team that will play there in the near future? 

I don't think most people are. I don't think it will happen. But if it did, I think it would be an expansion team.

Quote:Well since most people on here are convinced that there will be a NFL team to London my next question to everyone is who is the team that will play there in the near future?

Probably the team that has saved 50mil in cap space over the past two seasons.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote:Probably the team that has saved 50mil in cap space over the past two seasons.

The Browns?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Probably the team that has saved 50mil in cap space over the past two seasons.

Yawn
;

;

Quote:Yawn

You must be awfully tired of spewing rhetoric?

All part of the master plan. You got it all figured out.

Quote:All part of the master plan. You got it all figured out.

Not really, just a possibility.

I seriously doubt a franchise would flourish here longer than 2-3 years. The NFL have billed all 3 games this year as sell outs, despite only 83k turning up to the MIA @ OAK. Wembley has an capacity of 90k. At the moment, all 3 games are events more than just games. What I mean by that is fan rallies, official "tailgate" parties pre-game and bands like Def Leppard playing before the team entrances. When all this goes, the casual fans will subside. The only reason I went to MIA @ OAK is free tickets.

I just don't see how it would ever work?

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]