Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
An NFL franchise in London a step closer?

Quote:Does it have to be in the States? What about Toronto?

They got the Bills.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:They got the Bills.
Nope the new owners announced already they are to stay.

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

Quote:Nope the new owners announced already they are to stay.

Ummmm, that's why they have the Bills.. Do you really think New Yorkers go to Bills home games?

Quote:Ummmm, that's why they have the Bills.. Do you really think New Yorkers go to Bills home games?

That's the equivalent of saying Tampa has the Dolphins.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:That's the equivalent of saying Tampa has the Dolphins.

But do you really think the bills could survive without the toronto market? Absolutely not..

Also keep in mind that Toronto is like the 5th largest metropolitan in North America..

Quote:Obviously if a team moves to London, everyone will travel by the TARDIS.  It'll easily fit a football team or thirty-two in there (and all the fans, everybody in the united states, as well as everybody in the surrounding areas, and world).  Heck, we could even have the teams show up three days before they leave!

When was the last time the Tardis arrived in the correct time/place ? The teams would end up in the 24th century, on an alternative earth or E Space or something. Best avoided.

Quote:When was the last time the Tardis arrived in the correct time/place ? The teams would end up in the 24th century, on an alternative earth or E Space or something. Best avoided.

Quite often, thank you very much.  

Besides, the Tardis may not have always gotten me where I wanted to go, but it's always gotten me where I needed to go.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:I seriously doubt a franchise would flourish here longer than 2-3 years. The NFL have billed all 3 games this year as sell outs, despite only 83k turning up to the MIA @ OAK. Wembley has an capacity of 90k. At the moment, all 3 games are events more than just games. What I mean by that is fan rallies, official "tailgate" parties pre-game and bands like Def Leppard playing before the team entrances. When all this goes, the casual fans will subside. The only reason I went to MIA @ OAK is free tickets.

I completely agree with Carlo. The vast majority of people at the games are there for the excitement of an "event" involving two American teams. It's great fun, but I find it hard to believe most of them would give up their adopted teams and support a new franchise. It's fine as an American sport, don't spoil it.

And I'm not convinced the the NFL wants a team over here either. What's the advantage for the league ? They're already playing games over here. They've said a lot about testing the market and seeing if there is an appetite for a uk team, but judging by the lack of Jags jerseys at the Dolphins game (I went too) I don't think the Jaguars have cemented a massive fan base yet.

At some point people are going to get tired of talking about something that isn't happening. It's amazing how we still eat it up though.

I boldly predict we get a Premier League Team here in the states before they get a NFL franchise over there...

Hmmm... now the UK government are getting involved

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/29728155