Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Has the team really not made progress? A quick look.

I would be on board with the Fish coming here as HC.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I dont really understand all this talk of inexperience.....

The Rams are a younger team than us, have a backup QB starting, and are arguably just as devoid of offensive talent- yet have put up back to back 30 point games. Granted, both were losses, but they are miles ahead of us for some reason, despite their huge question mark at QB. 

Reconcile that.
Reconcile that?  Just because the average ages of the rosters are low doesn't mean the dynamic is the same.  It's not that difficult to set your point aside.

Let's look just at a comparison of the offenses for years experience:

The Rams have 59 years experience on their offense.They've got one rookie on that side of the ball, and he's a backup running back.  Their offensive line alone has 35 years experience.

The Jaguars have 26 years experience on offense.  The offensive line has a grand total of 9 years if you want to give Joeckel and Pasztor a 2 year grade on their experience. 

Even though the roster ages are similar, the way the youth and inexperience is being utilized are worlds apart. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:....yeah, and Pitt's defense is nothing special this year and had Mike Glennon drop 28 points on them on their own field the week prior to beat them. 

They also had one of their best players out vs the Jags (Shazier). 

Fisch's offense totals 9 points against them, at home. 

Progress

Yep, and Austen Davis was a mere UNDRAFTED free agent QB. 

2 straight 300 yard, 3 TD games for him. 

Just goes to show, you don't have to put the shackles on the young QB and run a conservative offense if you don't want to. 
Like I said.  You can only fixate on one thing.  That's what your capacity is.  Beyond that, you're useless. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

"Rah rah rah improvement, rah rah rah get better, rah rah rah it's competition man, rah rah rah accountability, rah rah rah"

With no emphasis on winning, no wonder we get guys coming here for "paid vacation". It's time to develop a winning mindset. Should have had one from the get go. The "get better" mantra wore thin about 5 weeks after we hired him. It sounds good, but it's just code for "we stink, so we gotta set our sights on something".

The gus bradley we have seen so far isnt the one we thought we hired. He isnt firey.

It seems like we may FINALLY be seeing a bit of an edge with him in press conferences. A bit late, but it should be interesting going forward.

Quote:"Rah rah rah improvement, rah rah rah get better, rah rah rah it's competition man, rah rah rah accountability, rah rah rah"

With no emphasis on winning, no wonder we get guys coming here for "paid vacation". It's time to develop a winning mindset. Should have had one from the get go. The "get better" mantra wore thin about 5 weeks after we hired him. It sounds good, but it's just code for "we stink, so we gotta set our sights on something".

I agree with this

Quote:So we have an inexperienced coach leading an inexperienced team. Didn't someone in charge realize this might not be the best combination?

We're hoping (without evidence so far) that both will eventually improve.

Swell.

I believe this is one of the Jags biggest problems at the current time.

It's why they are getting blown out in games and why half time adjustments seem to be lacking right now.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Jeff Fisher sucks.

Maybe that's true, maybe he's not that bad.

The one thing he does have is experience and that can make a difference between winning and losing a few games a year.

The only question really is: could he get more out of this Jags team than Gus has so far?? Or would it be about the same as it has been so far?

Just something to ponder.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:i second this
As if all that urine in the pool wasn't bad enough, you had to go do a #2

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote: 

The offense struggled, but with the changes on the line, and rookie receivers running around out there still trying to understand the nuances involved in being effective at this level, that would be expected.

No, that's not what you expect 5 weeks into the season, at least not with effective coaching.

Here are the top 5 "nuances" your receivers need to understand:  by the way, they're no different than what they should have already known in college.

1)  Catch the football.

2)  Know your routes - get to the place the QB expects you to be.

3)  Run the route well - create separation from the defender.

4)  Go to the ball - don't wait for the ball to come to you.

5)  Catch the football.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:Playing this much youth was a bad plan from the get go. The fact that you cant point out another team that has done it (at least succesfully) proves that.

Says who and why? Most rational fans understood that rebuilding through the draft meant a youth movement. I think if people expected the youngest roster in the league to play like a seasoned group of vets, they were fooling themselves.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Havent read any of these pages but its really not a hard concept to understand why this team sucks. The offensive line cant run block. Rookie QBs and WRs rarely do well unless their supporting cast is at a pro bowl level. Growing pains were to be expected for the whole offense.

The defense on the otherhand is crippled by horrible LB play and a horrible FS. The corners and D-line (the areas they have emphasized so far) are doing at least average.

They had to build a roster from scratch, and smartly waited till the 3rd year when the foundation was built to go on a spending spree. If next year we dont make a push for the playoffs at least then people should be angry. If you expected this team to compete with playoff teams early this year you were/are crazy

Quote:Havent read any of these pages but its really not a hard concept to understand why this team sucks. The offensive line cant run block. Rookie QBs and WRs rarely do well unless their supporting cast is at a pro bowl level. Growing pains were to be expected for the whole offense.

The defense on the otherhand is crippled by horrible LB play and a horrible FS. The corners and D-line (the areas they have emphasized so far) are doing at least average.

They had to build a roster from scratch, and smartly waited till the 3rd year when the foundation was built to go on a spending spree. If next year we dont make a push for the playoffs at least then people should be angry. If you expected this team to compete with playoff teams early this year you were/are crazy

I think the OL personnel CAN run block. I think our ZBS scheme blows. 

Quote:Says who and why? Most rational fans understood that rebuilding through the draft meant a youth movement. I think if people expected the youngest roster in the league to play like a seasoned group of vets, they were fooling themselves.

People dont seem to understand that you can build through the draft w/o playing all the young players right away. In this case there was such a void in terms of veteran competition that they were forced to play right away.

That shouldnt happen.

Building through the draft means that ideally those picks will supplant veterans AT SOME POINT based on MERIT.

They found a few castoffs, but probably should have invested in a few starting caliber guys.

Quote:People dont seem to understand that you can build through the draft w/o playing all the young players right away. In this case there was such a void in terms of veteran competition that they were forced to play right away.

That shouldnt happen.

That's what you'd like to see ideally sure, but you have to have some veterans to play.  This team had very little talent when Caldwell came in.  Having a lot of money is great, but you can's sign players who are under contract to other teams and street free agents are on the street for a reason.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.