Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Deja vu?

Is it just me or does this feel an awful lot like when Gene Smith hired mularky and had one last hail marry season to make it all work?

Feels like Caldwell is on such thin ice,they've opted to just keep the staff the same. Then see if Marone can pull a rabbit out his [BLEEP] and when it all goes predictably south they blow it up again.

I hope it works but this franchise has sucked the hope out of me.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

With Coughlin in the mix, it will work.

Coughlin is Khan's insurance policy incase doubling down doesn't work.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:With Coughlin in the mix, it will work.
I envy your staunch vision that it will work - after ALL of these years of mediocrity. 

I am taking the route of keeping an open mind and not jumping the gun one way or another. 

I just hope it finally works out for our beloved Jags. Thats all I want and thats all we want as Jaguars fans...

Atleast we have the insurance policy this time. Know what I mean...

Quote:Coughlin is Khan's insurance policy incase doubling down doesn't work.
Let's hope we hit a blackjack with this move.

Shhhhhhhh.. Don't tell em yet..

You could also say it's like the Titans last year...they hired a seemingly underwhelming interim coach for actual head coach and it turned out to be positive hire, at least for this season. That same Mularkey guy your mentioning

Many of us was around since the beginning of this franchise and I can tell you off rip that Coughlin don't put up with nonsense.

Every player will be early to meetings. Players will practice like they play. Things will be done the right way.

He offers a ton of value to this putrid franchise.

Some of you may have become fans after Coughlin was already gone. For those fans, I can promise you that he is the man.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

We have to hope that Gus was the problem, that the last two games are more indicative than the first 14, and that Wash scraps Gus' defensive scheme for one that fits the roster.

That's a lot of hopes.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:You could also say it's like the Titans last year...they hired a seemingly underwhelming interim coach for actual head coach and it turned out to be positive hire, at least for this season. That same Mularkey guy your mentioning

They're sitting at home for the playoffs too. If that is our benchmark, we might want to reconsider.

Quote:They're sitting at home for the playoffs too. If that is our benchmark, we might want to reconsider.

You're saying you wouldn't take 9-7 next season?

Quote:You're saying you wouldn't take 9-7 next season?

I would prefer being in the playoffs and not choking to a 2-12 team who just fired their coach and on a 9 game losing streak.

Quote:I envy your staunch vision that it will work - after ALL of these years of mediocrity.

I am taking the route of keeping an open mind and not jumping the gun one way or another.

I just hope it finally works out for our beloved Jags. Thats all I want and thats all we want as Jaguars fans...
Bravo...

And

Duuuvalllll

Mularkey wasn't the problem.

Gene Smith's roster was the problem.

The roster has far, far fewer needs currently. 

Quote:Is it just me or does this feel an awful lot like when Gene Smith hired mularky and had one last hail marry season to make it all work?

Feels like Caldwell is on such thin ice,they've opted to just keep the staff the same. Then see if Marone can pull a rabbit out his [BAD WORD REMOVED] and when it all goes predictably south they blow it up again.

Mularky was about to get fired from the Falcons when we hired him (he had just laid a gooseegg with Ryan in the playoffs), so that is different. Also consider Gene Smith himself. Gene had never done anything real promising prior to becoming GM and hasn't done anythung since.

Its just not the same. Gene never drafted a single probowler, Caldwell looks like he has a couple already. Dave deserved to be kept at least one more year on merit, Gene deserved to be fired in 2011 2 years before he was.

The only simularities are the promotions from within really. And that both MM and Marrone were the last coaches to get Buffalo to a winning record when we hired them.

But having Coughlin as insurance makes this so different. If Dave and Marrone fail, we know what is gonna happen.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:Is it just me or does this feel an awful lot like when Gene Smith hired mularky and had one last hail marry season to make it all work?

Feels like Caldwell is on such thin ice,they've opted to just keep the staff the same. Then see if Marone can pull a rabbit out his [BAD WORD REMOVED] and when it all goes predictably south they blow it up again.

We can pretty much write this season off if that is the case. I mean, what's one more lost season in the scheme of things? I'm sure the Jags may even make the playoffs one more time before I kick the bucket.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:I envy your staunch vision that it will work - after ALL of these years of mediocrity. 

I just hope it finally works out for our beloved Jags. Thats all I want and thats all we want as Jaguars fans...
MEDIOCRITY? We haven't been mediocre in years.

[Image: hot-dancing-unlv-college-football-fan-2012.gif]

Quote:The more things change, the more they stay the same.

We have to hope that Gus was the problem, that the last two games are more indicative than the first 14, and that Wash scraps Gus' defensive scheme for one that fits the roster.

That's a lot of hopes.

I'm waiting for the press conference when the vision is explained.  I'm hopeful that the defensive scheme is altered and that the rumors of keeping all of the defensive staff is not true.

The team may indeed be tripling down in a bid to salvage Bortles but it does feel like a redo of last year where we kept Gus.  Only this year they are putting all the blame on Gus.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.