Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Toby Gerhart.....fullback

Quote:I believe that would be Chris Polian.
jinx

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Chris Polian. (I'm pretty sure)

Yeah, it's Chris Polian.  I'm just not sure what director of pro-scouting is.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

The horsecollar tackle in Week 1 hasn't helped his cause. But based on what I've seen, he's better suited for third down. Seems to just run into the linemen......unless the hole is obvious

Quote:jinx

NYC, bring back the screen shots thread! 

Quote:NYC, bring back the screen shots thread! 
Ha!  I haven't had the stomach to filter through the past couple of losses with that much detail but I'll try to do one on Tuesday after the tacks tilt. 

Quote:The horsecollar tackle in Week 1 hasn't helped his cause. But based on what I've seen, he's better suited for third down. Seems to just run into the linemen......unless the hole is obvious

That tackle is one of the reasons he has not been good this season. He had a couple good runs before the penalty.

Quote:There is no reason to start the kickoff returner. If Todman gets hurt he can't return kickoffs and we need him for that. So no matter how good he is as a running back, he should not be the starter.
So by your logic, Maurice Jones-Drew should never have been played at running back because he was an excellent kick returner. Got it.

*please note, I am not comparing MJD to Todman, just pointing out the idiocy of the statement.

Quote:So by your logic, Maurice Jones-Drew should never have been played at running back because he was an excellent kick returner. Got it.

*please note, I am not comparing MJD to Todman, just pointing out the idiocy of the statement.

Not true. Fred Taylor started and MJD was the backup. Then when MJD clearly showed he can take 50 percent of the carries, JDR made someone else the kickoff returner.

Green Bay did the same thing with Randall Cobb. As a rookie he specialized in punt returns. When he became good enough to start at WR someone else started returning punts.

Jordan Todman never showed the potential to be great like MJD and Cobb. He is not one of those players whose stats scream, "Make me a starter!" So he is best suited as a KR.

Quote:Who is the director of pro-personnel? Do we have one? The Gerhart signing (and most NFL free agents) would fall under his responsibility. Granted, Caldwell as the GM is the head honcho so yes, he gets blame. 

Quote:I believe that would be Chris Polian.

Quote:Chris Polian. (I'm pretty sure)

well. there we go.....

suddenly I'm not surprised at all of the gaffes in free agent signings such as Gerhart or Beadles. 

We knew even when he was with the Colts that Chris Polian wasn't very good. 

Quote:well. there we go.....

suddenly I'm not surprised at all of the gaffes in free agent signings such as Gerhart or Beadles.

We knew even when he was with the Colts that Chris Polian wasn't very good.
Uh oh, TMD found another one
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Uh oh, TMD found another one

Bring on the "Polian is the problem" garbagefest!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Bring on the "Polian is the problem" garbagefest!

But David Caldwell worked for him before he took the Falcons job . . .

Or was only Bill there at the time?