Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is Jedd Fisch on the hotseat?

Quote:Doesn't mean I'd enjoy it.. Means I wouldn't put it past this organisation.. 

Oh no, I don't think any of us would enjoy it....well, except for those on the forum that seem to be indifferent to all this losing. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Oh no, I don't think any of us would enjoy it....well, except for those on the forum that seem to be indifferent to all this losing. 

I think most are indifferent because a losing culture is the only culture they've seen in a long time.. 

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Before you pass judgement make sure you're confident that Fisch is the issue and not the personnel. 6 starting rookies would lead me to give him the benefit of the doubt but that's just me. Also make sure you consider that Koetter was run out of town by this fan base for similar issues and seems to be doing just fine in ATL.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2014, 07:49 AM by The_Anchorman.)

I hope Fish isn't on the hot seat.  I hope he's on his final notice.  Seriously, if things don't get significantly better on the offensive side of the ball, he should be gone first thing...  

The one play call that sums up Fish is a 3rd down an 10 at SD.  All 3 receivers ran routes that were short of the 1st down marker.  I mean, come on...  

But I've said all I can say about Fish.  

Maybe he figures it out this week.  But then again, I've been saying maybe he'll figure it out for the last 4 weeks.  

Also, who here is really confident that Storm will be getting alot of touches this week?  Who here thinks Amelia Gerhart will get his fair share of touches this week?  I mean, with Fish, you don't see quick changes to game planning...  

I mean, Ace came back, and I have a feeling Fish didn't realize he plays wide receiver for us untill late in the squeelers game!

So receivers that run routes short off the sticks is on the OC?

I done heard it all now!
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

Quote:So receivers that run routes short off the sticks is on the OC?

I done heard it all now!

Uh, yeah. If play call for the receivers are short curls and shallow slants, it is on the OC...

So I guess you've heard it all now

Quote:I hope Fish isn't on the hot seat. I hope he's on his final notice. Seriously, if things don't get significantly better on the offensive side of the ball, he should be gone first thing...

The one play call that sums up Fish is a 3rd down an 10 at SD. All 3 receivers ran routes that were short of the 1st down marker. I mean, come on...

But I've said all I can say about Fish.

Maybe he figures it out this week. But then again, I've been saying maybe he'll figure it out for the last 4 weeks.

Also, who here is really confident that Storm will be getting alot of touches this week? Who here thinks Amelia Gerhart will get his fair share of touches this week? I mean, with Fish, you don't see quick changes to game planning...

I mean, Ace came back, and I have a feeling Fish didn't realize he plays wide receiver for us untill late in the squeelers game!

Its certainly frustrating to watch.

I definitely need to see a different offense... Its tough watching your team get beat and beat badly.

Its worse when you can see plays run that don't have a shot of success.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Yeah, it's been kind of a mixed bag with Fisch.  Sometimes he does some things and I'm like okay, things are opening up and then we go back into a shell.  

Quote:Uh, yeah. If play call for the receivers are short curls and shallow slants, it is on the OC...

So I guess you've heard it all now
On a lot of those (curls, outs, stops, comebacks), it's on the receiver to run to,or past, the sticks to assure a1st down will be achieved.
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

Quote:He should be, along with almost the entire staff. 
Except for Jerry Sullivan, right?  I mean, he's really making a difference with the receiving corps.  It's just a shame Gus is holding the offense back with his play calling, right?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:On a lot of those (curls, outs, stops, comebacks), it's on the receiver to run to,or past, the sticks to assure a1st down will be achieved.
You'd think that was the case, but Gus has secretly coached the receivers up to run these routes about a yard short of the first down marker because he's determined to undermine the offense.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Fisch is a terrible play-caller, but i like his work as a QB coach

demote him and give the offense to a real playcaller

I agree totally. I'm starting to believe that Fisch is a part of the problem. I just watched an interview with him, and he reminded me of Gene Smith with his demeanor. A little smug, a little shrugging of the shoulders, like "we're doing everything right, why is everyone doubting us". Run game is the worst it has ever been. And the play calling is so conservative. We keep trying to pound the ball, and defenses keep licking their chops.

Quote:I agree totally. I'm starting to believe that Fisch is a part of the problem. I just watched an interview with him, and he reminded me of Gene Smith with his demeanor. A little smug, a little shrugging of the shoulders, like "we're doing everything right, why is everyone doubting us". Run game is the worst it has ever been. And the play calling is so conservative. We keep trying to pound the ball, and defenses keep licking their chops.

What? His personality is nothing like Gene Smith. Talk about reaching.

Quote:Before you pass judgement make sure you're confident that Fisch is the issue and not the personnel. 6 starting rookies would lead me to give him the benefit of the doubt but that's just me. Also make sure you consider that Koetter was run out of town by this fan base for similar issues and seems to be doing just fine in ATL.

I never thought Koetter was a problem. 

Yes there were those that misrepresented Koetter as an issue here, but I was not one of them. I didn't want to see him go. 

Fisch, OTOH, is David Shula. 

Quote:Except for Jerry Sullivan, right?  I mean, he's really making a difference with the receiving corps.  It's just a shame Gus is holding the offense back with his play calling, right?

Sullivan, DL coach Todd Wash, and QB coach Frank Scelfo are the only ones that are any good from this staff, IMO. I'd be happy retaining them to the next coaching staff. 

Quote:You'd think that was the case, but Gus has secretly coached the receivers up to run these routes about a yard short of the first down marker because he's determined to undermine the offense.

Sometimes I don't understand the knee jerk reaction to defend something like this...  If one receiver ran a route that was short of the sticks, I'd say you may have a point.

But every single receiver ran short of the 1st down marker.  Not one route was deeper than that.  

So let's think about it logically:

If all WRs are running short of the first down then either 1) the play call was designed like that or 2) the WRs are so badly coached that they don't know what the down and distance is.

Either way, it's not a good look for the OC.  

Besides the 2 above scenarios, what else could it be?

I don't think we would be as angry with Fisch if the defense wasn't giving up 30pts/games.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:Sometimes I don't understand the knee jerk reaction to defend something like this...  If one receiver ran a route that was short of the sticks, I'd say you may have a point.

But every single receiver ran short of the 1st down marker.  Not one route was deeper than that.  

So let's think about it logically:

If all WRs are running short of the first down then either 1) the play call was designed like that or 2) the WRs are so badly coached that they don't know what the down and distance is.

Either way, it's not a good look for the OC.  

Besides the 2 above scenarios, what else could it be?

Wow, thats actually inexcusable and ridiculous for every receiver to be running short of the marker.

Quote:I don't think we would be as angry with Fisch if the defense wasn't giving up 30pts/games.

One shouldn't have anything to do with the other. The offense all year has been pathetic. 

These are our scores - 17, 13, 17, 14, 9. Not even a single 20+ point game, let alone a 30/ 40 -burger. 

Quote:I never thought Koetter was a problem. 

Yes there were those that misrepresented Koetter as an issue here, but I was not one of them. I didn't want to see him go. 

Fisch, OTOH, is David Shula. 

Sullivan, DL coach Todd Wash, and QB coach Frank Scelfo are the only ones that are any good from this staff, IMO. I'd be happy retaining them to the next coaching staff. 

Your obsession with the 1990 Cowboys is bizarre.

Quote:Wow, thats actually inexcusable and ridiculous for every receiver to be running short of the marker.

One shouldn't have anything to do with the other. The offense all year has been pathetic. 

These are our scores - 17, 13, 17, 14, 9. Not even a single 20+ point game, let alone a 30/ 40 -burger. 
ITS A TEAM GAME... REMEMBER, LESS TIME OF POSESSION = LESS POINTS

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana