Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
PFF ranks the olines

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/20...kings-2/2/

Better than expected actually, and could/should be even higher next update. Above average pass blocking already. Linder looks like a big hit. Pasztor and Bowanko nice improvements on Brewster/McClendon/Bradfield. Luke and Zane slightly underwhelming thus far, but trending up nicely as well. All in all quite encouraging to me. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

But but but...

Quote:https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/20...kings-2/2/

Better than expected actually, and could/should be even higher next update. Above average pass blocking already. Linder looks like a big hit. Pasztor and Bowanko nice improvements on Brewster/McClendon/Bradfield. Luke and Zane slightly underwhelming thus far, but trending up nicely as well. All in all quite encouraging to me. 

Even Sam Young graded well. Beadles is firmly in the top half of the rankings, so I wouldn't even call him underwhelming.

It's not surprising, they've improved without guys like McClendon and Brewster.  Having our starting RT back helps too.  This line isn't the Cowboys or the 49ers but given time, they'll be much better than what we have seen early on this season.

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2014, 03:42 PM by Jaguar Warrior.)

Not even 32nd in run blocking, how is that possible.

13th in pass blocking? After giving up 10 sacks in a single game?

Uh..

Anyway, hopefully they continue to get better.

Quote:Not even 32nd in run blocking, how is that possible.

13th in pass blocking? After giving up 10 sacks in a single game?

Uh..

Anyway, hopefully they continue to get better.

Makes you wonder how good it's been aside from that game. 

Kinda jives with what I said earlier today....

I think the personnel of the Jags OL - at least this one - Joeckel- Beadles (meh), Bowanko, Linder, Pazstor is actually fine. 

Quote:Kinda jives with what I said earlier today....

I think the personnel of the Jags OL - at least this one - Joeckel- Beadles (meh), Bowanko, Linder, Pazstor is actually fine. 

Weren't you criticizing Yarno/Butkus for the lack of player progression this preseason?

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2014, 04:03 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Weren't you criticizing Yarno/Butkus for the lack of player progression this preseason?

I don't like either of those 2 coaches/ their scheme. 

I do, OTOH, like the personnel we have on the OL. 

Yarno's OL's/ his scheme in Detroit were mirror images of the issues we've been having here with our OL, so far. 

I think the current personnel on the current starting OL have the chance to be one of the best OL as a group in football. Especially if we upgrade Beadles next year. 

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/10/08/offensive-line-rankings-2/2/'>https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/10/08/offensive-line-rankings-2/2/</a>

I definitely agree with this. The new guys seem to add to the talent level overall and as they've continued to grow together as a unit, they've shown more signs of gelling into a consistent group. Beadles may actually be the weak link here which is ironic given he was also viewed that way in Denver. That said, he was absolutely a necessary signing given the youth up front.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:I don't like either of those 2 coaches/ their scheme. 

I do, OTOH, like the personnel we have on the OL. 

Yarno's OL's/ his scheme in Detroit were mirror images of the issues we've been having here with our OL, so far. 

I think the current personnel on the current starting OL have the chance to be one of the best OL in football. 

You may not like the scheme, but if you believe this line can be one of the best OL in football Yarno/Butkus have to be doing something right. Pasztor was undrafted, Young was a journeyman, and both Linder/Bowanko were middle/late round picks. It's not like they were given a bunch of high draft picks, outside of Joeckel.

Starting o-line next year:

Joekel - Beadles - Bowanko - Linder - Paztor

Quote:You may not like the scheme, but if you believe this line can be one of the best OL in football Yarno/Butkus have to be doing something right. Pasztor was undrafted, Young was a journeyman, and both Linder/Bowanko were middle/late round picks. It's not like they were given a bunch of high draft picks, outside of Joeckel.

I'll give them credit for Pazstor. 

I thought Linder was legit before he stepped onto the field at camp. Same with Joeckel. Bowanko has great size for the position. 

You don't need to pick every lineman with a 1st rounder to get great personnel as an OL unit.  

The line has been progressing as expected.  They needed time to work together as a unit in order to develop the kind of cohesiveness required to be effective regardless of the scheme.  We're seeing the line starting to get into a rhythm, and with the full unit now in place, it should continue to improve as the season progresses.

Of course, we can't possibly credit coaching with helping that to happen because that wouldn't suit the agenda of a certain diva. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I would be looking for replacements for everyone except maybe Pasztor by this time next year if I had the con.  My draft next year would be exclusively offensive line and linebacker. 

They've all been bad - they've just been a little less bad lately.  They still get pushed around.

Quote:I would be looking for replacements for everyone except maybe Pasztor by this time next year if I had the con.  My draft next year would be exclusively offensive line and linebacker. 

They've all been bad - they've just been a little less bad lately.  They still get pushed around.

You always should be looking to improve, when given the opportunity - and that goes for any position/ and coach. 

That said, Linder, Joeckel and even Bowanko are very good building blocks. Pazstor might be as well. 

The only one I'm not sold on is Beadles. Peyton Manning makes any OL look better than they are. We found that out the hard way. I never wanted him here. 

They have potential, but the fact of the matter is that, right now, they aren't very good.  I'm not sitting around for 2 or 3 years waiting to see if they'll be good.  I'm looking for players that are good right now.  Patience is for backups, not starters.  Otherwise, you'll be sitting there depending on players like Brewster, Rackley, McClendon, etc.

Quote:They have potential, but the fact of the matter is that, right now, they aren't very good.  I'm not sitting around for 2 or 3 years waiting to see if they'll be good.  I'm looking for players that are good right now.  Patience is for backups, not starters.  Otherwise, you'll be sitting there depending on players like Brewster, Rackley, McClendon, etc.

Jimmy Johnson's Dallas' OL didn't develop in 5 minutes. 

The starting OL group we have right now has serious potential. Not sure why you wouldn't be willing to give them the year or 2 they deserve/ need. 

Quote:They have potential, but the fact of the matter is that, right now, they aren't very good.  I'm not sitting around for 2 or 3 years waiting to see if they'll be good.  I'm looking for players that are good right now.  Patience is for backups, not starters.  Otherwise, you'll be sitting there depending on players like Brewster, Rackley, McClendon, etc.

They haven't been, but the line has been in flux and this particular group has shown some signs of what they could be given some experience.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

What signs are you guys looking at?  They haven't had a good game yet...  Not one of them.

Jimmy's oline didn't develop in 5 minutes is good logic.  Let's not sign or draft anybody next year because we have a young team and everyone needs more time to develop. 

Doesn't anyone else see it?  Spending 3 years developing players that never develop is what's crippled this franchise.  How about we find good players and develop them to be pro bowlers?  Not find bad players and maybe if we develop them they'll be average.