Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
PFF ranks the olines

Quote:What signs are you guys looking at?  They haven't had a good game yet...  Not one of them.

Jimmy's oline didn't develop in 5 minutes is good logic.  Let's not sign or draft anybody next year because we have a young team and everyone needs more time to develop. 

Doesn't anyone else see it?  Spending 3 years developing players that never develop is what's crippled this franchise.  How about we find good players and develop them to be pro bowlers?  Not find bad players and maybe if we develop them they'll be average.

Who's saying to not always be looking for better players?? 

They should be doing that at every position. 

But that said, I disagree with you regarding the starting OL personnel. I think they are all good young players with the exception of Beadles. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What have they been good at?  They've all been bad in every single game.  Replacing the o line and linebackers is priority #1, #2, and #3 for this team.  Are they good because they're young? Because their play certainly hasn't been?  That's not a very high standard.  

Quote:What have they been good at?  They've all been bad in every single game.  Replacing the o line and linebackers is priority #1, #2, and #3 for this team.  Are they good because they're young? Because their play certainly hasn't been?  That's not a very high standard.  

I thought the OL played decent with the lineup of Joeckel-Beadles-Bowanko-Linder-Pazstor.

I guess thats just me. 

If by decent you mean blowing open holes for running backs to rush for a season high 42 yards.  Don't even get me started on how small the pocket was for Bortles to throw from.

Quote:If by decent you mean blowing open holes for running backs to rush for a season high 42 yards.  Don't even get me started on how small the pocket was for Bortles to throw from.

Well, when we actually had a capable RB in there, (before he quickly got hurt) he got a pretty nice gap and turned it into a 20 yard gain....

Quote:Well, when we actually had a capable RB in there, (before he quickly got hurt) he got a pretty nice gap and turned it into a 20 yard gain....

Storm is terrible as well.  The man has one decent run on a nicely designed play after a preseason full of horrendous play and he's anointed our savior by this board.  This team has 3 atrocious units in the o line, linebackers, and running backs, and 1 unit that is very inconsistent in the secondary.  

Quote:Storm is terrible as well.  The man has one decent run on a nicely designed play after a preseason full of horrendous play and he's anointed our savior by this board....

You got all that from me giving him credit for a 20 yard run? :ermm: 

I got it from reading the board since Sunday.

Pittsburgh was their best game, but I don't trust it. This line just looks soft with the exception of Pazstor with a soft scheme. You figured you have a defensive coach he would want all his lines to be maulers and nasty not some finesse type of players with a heavy run game.

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2014, 09:00 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Pittsburgh was their best game, but I don't trust it. This line just looks soft with the exception of Pazstor with a soft scheme. You figured you have a defensive coach he would want all his lines to be maulers and nasty not some finesse type of players with a heavy run game.

Thats on the OL coach at least thats my opinion - because his OL in Detroit were the same way. They were generally a finesse line that was better in pass pro than run blocking. 

I also think the current starting OL will get better though. I believe in the personnel. Coaching/ or should I say scheme?.... Notsomuch. 

Quote:They have potential, but the fact of the matter is that, right now, they aren't very good.  I'm not sitting around for 2 or 3 years waiting to see if they'll be good.  I'm looking for players that are good right now.  Patience is for backups, not starters.  Otherwise, you'll be sitting there depending on players like Brewster, Rackley, McClendon, etc.

So I suppose you would have given up on Duane Brown before his Pro Bowl appearances? Wise thinking.

Quote:Thats on the OL coach at least thats my opinion - because his OL in Detroit were the same way. They were generally a finesse line that was better in pass pro than run blocking. 

I also think the current starting OL will get better though. I believe in the personnel. Coaching/ or should I say scheme?.... Notsomuch. 
They're capable because I just saw them do it, but I still like road graders more than finesse lineman. This last game Bortles wasn't rushed or sacked like that but we'll never get nothing done without a running game.

Quote:They're capable because I just saw them do it, but I still like road graders more than finesse lineman. This last game Bortles wasn't rushed or sacked like that but we'll never get nothing done without a running game.

Toby Gerhart was either extremely misevaluated talentwise by Caldwell, or he simply is not a good fit for this ZBS scheme. Or both. 

Personally, I think Toby is a FB, not a HB....not a starting HB anyway. 

Caldwell hasn't had too many misses, but this was a big one. 

Quote:So I suppose you would have given up on Duane Brown before his Pro Bowl appearances? Wise thinking.

So I suppose you would have given Blaine Gabbert one more contract to develop.

Quote:So I suppose you would have given Blaine Gabbert one more contract to develop.

Well the people that grade this stuff seem to have a higher take of the Jags OL than you do....

Gabbert was never graded high by anyone (who are in the business of doing that) following his NFL games. 

Quote:Well the people that grade this stuff seem to have a higher take of the Jags OL than you do....

Gabbert was never graded high by anyone (who are in the business of doing that) following his NFL games. 

The people who grade that stuff also ranked the Jags run blocking towards the top of the league.  Should tell you something.  

Quote:The people who grade that stuff also ranked the Jags run blocking towards the top of the league.  Should tell you something.  

I think with some of the OL, they could be right. Gerhart and in particular using him on the stretch play is trash. 

Denard isn't a RB and Todman is just a guy,

Storm truly is the best and probably only legit RB on this roster. 

I don't understand the issue.  The offensive line has been garbage and there are a lot of people who are defending it.  It's been the worst offensive line in the league.

Target players to replace the ones who are under performing (all but Pasztor) and if Linder/Bowanko develop from poor to good, then great.  

Quote:I don't understand the issue.  The offensive line has been garbage and there are a lot of people who are defending it.  It's been the worst offensive line in the league.

Target players to replace the ones who are under performing (all but Pasztor) and if Linder/Bowanko develop from poor to good, then great.  

The OL was bad in the beginning. Bradfield was garbage. McClendon is not good. 

Neither of them are starting anymore. Thank God. 

They should have gone with LInder at Guard and Bowanko at Center from the get-go. 

You're seeing improvement of the whole line with it in its current starting form. 

PFF? Moving on. No credibility.