Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
PFF ranks the olines

McClendon shouldn't even be on an NFL roster.  Bradfield started alright in preseason and then the wheels fell off.

I agree with your assessment on the running backs.  Storm Johnson is the only running back with an NFL skillset, but he's still not very good... At least during the preseason he wasn't.  I'm willing to wait and see with him.

Joeckel was terrible against the Steelers.  He's looking like a bust.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:McClendon shouldn't even be on an NFL roster.  Bradfield started alright in preseason and then the wheels fell off.

I agree with your assessment on the running backs.  Storm Johnson is the only running back with an NFL skillset, but he's still not very good... At least during the preseason he wasn't.  I'm willing to wait and see with him.

Joeckel was terrible against the Steelers.  He's looking like a bust.

Joeckel's given up 1.5 QB sacks this year, going up vs the opponents best pass rushers. He's far from a "bust". 

Bradfield is just as bad as McClendon. Neither had any business starting for us. They are backups at best. Agreed. 

Quote:Joeckel's given up 1.5 QB sacks this year, going up vs the opponents best pass rushers. He's far from a "bust". 

Bradfield is just as bad as McClendon. Neither had any business starting for us. They are backups at best. Agreed. 

I don't think Whimper was even half as bad as McClendon.  McClendon is the worst offensive lineman I've ever seen in a Jags uniform.

Joeckel was horrible against the Steelers, sacks or not.  Five sacks per year isn't good.  On the first drive alone he gave up a pressure, brought back a long run by Todman with a holding call, and was absolutely driven backwards and put on his back on one play.  It's too early to call him a bust, but he's not tracking well.

Quote:I don't think Whimper was even half as bad as McClendon.  McClendon is the worst offensive lineman I've ever seen in a Jags uniform.

Joeckel was horrible against the Steelers, sacks or not.  Five sacks per year isn't good.  On the first drive alone he gave up a pressure, brought back a long run by Todman with a holding call, and was absolutely driven backwards and put on his back on one play.  It's too early to call him a bust, but he's not tracking well.
I think he needs to hit the gym and bulk up more.  He gets man handled at times

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:I think he needs to hit the gym and bulk up more.  He gets man handled at times

I agree.

In college he had a nasty streak and finished blocks.  In the pros, not so much.

Quote:I agree.

In college he had a nasty streak and finished blocks.  In the pros, not so much.

He's coming off a broken leg that ended his last season. 

If by next season he's still not playing like the above, then you have an argument. 

Quote:Joeckel was terrible against the Steelers. He's looking like a bust.

What are you talking about? What did he do so badly against the Steelers and how can you call a guy who's played 10 games, 4 of those out of position, a bust? He is more of a finesse style player but there are outstanding players that fall into that category.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:The people who grade that stuff also ranked the Jags run blocking towards the top of the league.  Should tell you something.  

Where are the Jags ranked towards the top of the league in run blocking? The highest ranking I saw was 13th in pass blocking on PFF (28th in run blocking). No one is saying they're even good - just worthy of more time to develop than you would give them.

Quote:Joeckel's given up 1.5 QB sacks this year, going up vs the opponents best pass rushers. He's far from a "bust". 

Bradfield was a backup. He started when Pasztor was injured.

i was told that Bortles would get killed once he stepped behind this line

Quote:Bradfield was a backup. He started when Pasztor was injured.

Yes those were the circumstances, that doesn't take away from the point that Bradfield simply wasn't anywhere near good enough. McClendon is just as bad. (and still here, unfortunately). 

Quote:i was told that Bortles would get killed once he stepped behind this line

The team continues to improve in terms of pass protection because of multiple factors. Bortles has better mobility, personnel changes have been made on the line, the rookies on the line continue to gain experience, and the group itself is learning to play together as a unit.

Quote:The team continues to improve in terms of pass protection because of multiple factors. Bortles has better mobility, personnel changes have been made on the line, the rookies on the line continue to gain experience, and the group itself is learning to play together as a unit.

wonder if the line would be looking better with Henne if he was still starting?

Quote:wonder if the line would be looking better with Henne if he was still starting?

Yep, it would still be improved although it's likely Henne would have been sacked a couple of more times due to his relative lack of athleticism.

Quote:Yep, it would still be improved although it's likely Henne would have been sacked a couple of more times due to his relative lack of athleticism.
i see.

We should throw out any stats that were incurred during the Henne starts, including the 10 sacks.  He just made everyone on this team worse.

I'd say the FO has done pretty well rebuilding the OL.  Hitting on the Linder and Bowanko picks has really helped shore up the middle.

We should never stop drafting quality linemen, but I think the guys we have now can become a pretty solid group. 

Quote:We should throw out any stats that were incurred during the Henne starts, including the 10 sacks.  He just made everyone on this team worse.

Hopefully that is becoming obvious to everyone.

Quote:I'd say the FO has done pretty well rebuilding the OL.  Hitting on the Linder and Bowanko picks has really helped shore up the middle.

We should never stop drafting quality linemen, but I think the guys we have now can become a pretty solid group. 

I agree with all of the above. 

Quote:I'd say the FO has done pretty well rebuilding the OL. Hitting on the Linder and Bowanko picks has really helped shore up the middle.

If the line keeps improving as it has done the last few Weeks I would draft a tackle that could play guard or a guard that could play centre with no higher than a 4th rounder for the sole purpose of depth

I think our first 3 need to go on a safety ,middle linebacker and a tight end

time and unity will hopefully help.this group into a solid unit