Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2014 NFL TV Distribution Maps - Week 6

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2014, 01:13 PM by AmeliaIsland.)

Andrew Catalon, Steve Tasker, and former Jaguars QB Steve Beuerlein are again announcing an NFL On CBS game involving our Jaguars as they travel this Sunday to Nashville, to play the Tennessee Titans in the AFC South showdown in Music City.

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2014&wk=6

http://506sports.com/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We get Tasker and Beuerlein again. Why does the same CBS crew work at our game twice in three weeks?

It is good to see I actually will want to watch the 4:00 game.

Quote:We get Tasker and Beuerlein again. Why does the same CBS crew work at our game twice in three weeks?

It is good to see I actually will want to watch the 4:00 game.
They assign low-level announcers to low-level games.

Quote:They assign low-level announcers to low-level games.

How do they rank commentators?

Once again, Pensacola hates the Jaguars.  I hate watching this crap online, and it freezes every play.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Tasker and Beuerlein

[BLEEP] [BLEEP] 

Quote:Once again, Pensacola hates the Jaguars.  I hate watching this crap online, and it freezes every play.

I will never understand that. Aren't we the closest AFC team to Pensacola?

You need to move back to Duval County.

Quote:I will never understand that. Aren't we the closest AFC team to Pensacola?

You need to move back to Duval County.

Agreed. Then I can watch it at the stadium.

What caught my attention is the impact of Teddy Bridgewater still has in Louisville.   Despite the relatively geographically close Cincinnati Bengals hosting Carolina on FOX,  the FOX Affiliate in Louisville chose to show the Lions-Vikings game.  

Quote:Once again, Pensacola hates the Jaguars.  I hate watching this crap online, and it freezes every play.

Quote:What caught my attention is the impact of Teddy Bridgewater still has in Louisville.   Despite the relatively geographically close Cincinnati Bengals hosting Carolina on FOX,  the FOX Affiliate in Louisville chose to show the Lions-Vikings game.  

I don't understand the above.....the way you 2 are talking you make it sound like the games are decided by popular vote or something....aren't the broadcasts determined by other means?

Quote:Andrew Catalon, Steve Tasker, and former Jaguars QB Steve Beuerlein

Larry, Mo and Curly again.

Quote:What caught my attention is the impact of Teddy Bridgewater still has in Louisville.   Despite the relatively geographically close Cincinnati Bengals hosting Carolina on FOX,  the FOX Affiliate in Louisville chose to show the Lions-Vikings game.  

Are you sure that is only because Teddy Bridgewater became Minnesota's starting quarterback two weeks ago? Commentators get their schedules before the season starts so they have to know prior to Week 4 which airport they will fly to for the Week 6 game.

Quote:I don't understand the above.....the way you 2 are talking you make it sound like the games are decided by popular vote or something....aren't the broadcasts determined by other means?

I'm usually not opposed by your comments as others, but you have been on a roll since you've come back. What don't you understand? The Jags are the closest most popular AFC team here, and they'd rather play the ravens or something. Even worse last week it was Bull riding. What do you make of that?

Quote:I don't understand the above.....the way you 2 are talking you make it sound like the games are decided by popular vote or something....aren't the broadcasts determined by other means?

Welcome back,  TMD!

Game broadcast decisions are based on ratings.   If a local FOX or CBS station believes that one game will generate higher ratings than the other choices,  that's the game they will request.   As you can see on the website that lists the broadcast grids,  there are chances made during the week.   Input from potential viewers is likely a significant part of the decision making process.

Quote:Welcome back,  TMD!

Game broadcast decisions are based on ratings.   If a local FOX or CBS station believes that one game will generate higher ratings than the other choices,  that's the game they will request.   As you can see on the website that lists the broadcast grids,  there are chances made during the week.   Input from potential viewers is likely a significant part of the decision making process.

Thanks D6!

And , thanks for the explanation. 

What got me was when you spoke of the Louisville market choosing the Vikings game (Bridgewater). I never thought that was possible. I thought these games were more league dictated in terms of broadcast. I know in some cases that is the way - like when a team in the market has a home game, there can't be a double header and stuff like that. 

...Why is New England @ Buffalo on FOX?

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Are you sure that is only because Teddy Bridgewater became Minnesota's starting quarterback two weeks ago? Commentators get their schedules before the season starts so they have to know prior to Week 4 which airport they will fly to for the Week 6 game.

In answer to your first question,   I'm not sure when the decision was made.  It's possible the decision was made before the season started,  with the thought process that Teddy Bridgewater had a pretty good chance of being the Vikings starting QB by Week # 6.

Having said that,  my guess is that the Carolina-Cincinnati game would have been shown in Louisville if Bridgewater wasn't set to be the starting QB for the Vikings against the Lions.   There are often chances of which game will be shown in a market and the networks sometimes change which broadcast team will be announcing a given game.   If for example one or both teams in a scheduled game are having much worse seasons than expected,   the # 1 FOX team of Joe Buck and Troy Aikman will probably be moved to a different game.   Other than the requirements of having to show certain games in primary and secondary markets,  all of the decisions are about ratings.  

Quote:Thanks D6!

And , thanks for the explanation. 

What got me was when you spoke of the Louisville market choosing the Vikings game (Bridgewater). I never thought that was possible. I thought these games were more league dictated in terms of broadcast. I know in some cases that is the way - like when a team in the market has a home game, there can't be a double header and stuff like that. 

My pleasure!

Except for what you mentioned regarding the double header restrictions  ( good point )  and what I just expressed in my reply to JaguarsWoman,  the decisions all come down to potential ratings.   

I recall the years that on the Carolina Coast,   the Jaguars games were usually shown because of David Garrard.    The same in much of Arkansas when the Jaguars had Matt Jones in his early seasons.   The same in parts of West Virginia when Byron Leftwich was the Jaguars starting QB.   

Quote:...Why is New England @ Buffalo on FOX?

It's part of the new FLEX agreement the NFL is using.   Last week's Buffalo @ Detroit game was also on FOX.   The Chicago @ Detroit Thanksgiving Day game will be on CBS.   On the upcoming Thanksgiving Day,  all 6 teams that will be playing are NFC teams. 

Quote:It's part of the new FLEX agreement the NFL is using.   Last week's Buffalo @ Detroit game was also on FOX.   The Chicago @ Detroit Thanksgiving Day game will be on CBS.   On the upcoming Thanksgiving Day,  all 6 teams that will be playing are NFC teams. 

But even with the flex scheduling, if both teams are in the AFC, it must be shown on CBS. So Buffalo/New England can't be on Fox.