Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles Aggresiveness

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2014, 06:17 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:You do understand that the preseason and collegiate games are nothing even remotely close to what he has seen in the regular season, right?  Of course you do, until such time as you need to adjust your soiling now that they've pushed Bortles into starting sooner than you wanted.  So, he goes from being a rookie the team should bring along slowly in your estimation to a guy that has a complete grasp of the playbook, and could be elite right now if it wasn't for the coaching.  Which side of the fence will you be on tomorrow?

I'm not saying he should be elite immediately. I'm saying they should NOT be treating him like a game manager - which they certainly seem to have been the last 6 Q of football. The best way to develop him is to let it fly. I have NO PROBLEM with the INT's he throws that are 40 yards downfield. Its basically the same result as a punt, and the only way you develop chemistry on those deeper passes is to CONTINUE to attempt them on a regular basis. IMO, the coaches have gotten into his ear and have neutered him these last 6 Q into being more of a game manager and its evident by the stark differences in Bortles play over the last 6 Q compared to his entire Jags play prior to that as well as Bortles college play. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2014, 06:16 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:…which mean nothing against starting NFL defenses that are game planning...

…plus, you said he was on your "most likely to bust" list before the draft. But that last year of college suddenly means something totally different...

(   http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top.../?p=187316   Cooks and Watkins too LOL) 

ad hominem

and 

pre draft. 

After we drafted Bortles and I got to see more of him, nothing bad has been said about him by me. 

Quote:I'm not saying he should be elite immediately. I'm saying they should be treating him like a game manager - which they certainly seem to have been the last 6 Q of football. The best way to develop him is to let it fly. I have NO PROBLEM with the INT's he throws that are 40 yards downfield. Its basically the same result as a punt, and the only way you develop chemistry on those deeper passes is to CONTINUE to attempt them on a regular basis. IMO, the coaches have gotten into his ear and have neutered him these last 6 Q into being more of a game manager and its evident by the stark differences in Bortles play over the last 6 Q compared to his entire Jags play prior to that as well as Bortles college play. 
Okay, cookie.

He's got 2 starts under his belt.  You have ZERO clue as to what they're doing with him.  But, that has never stopped you from spouting your ignorance on this board, has it? 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:ad hominem

and 

pre draft. 

Since we drafted Bortles and I got to see more of him, nothing bad has been said about him by me. 
Do you even know what ad hominem means?  I'm pretty sure you don't, but it has a lot of syllables in it.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I want the old Bortles back.  You know, the guy who was a gunslinger for portions of two whole games.   I just know Fisch is ruining him. It's so obvious. 

Whatever. I give up.  The self-delusion is apparently impenetrable.

I'm betting Bortles numbers by December make this entire thread pointless anyway.  I'm hungry….

[Image: 91d44c53a9acb7d919e461e7a25c46df_oven-fr...dImage.jpg]

Quote:Okay, cookie.

He's got 2 starts under his belt.  You have ZERO clue as to what they're doing with him.  But, that has never stopped you from spouting your ignorance on this board, has it? 

I can see with my own 2 eyes that in the past 6 Q they are treating Bortles like a game manager type. 

His YPA reflects what my eyes see as well, as it was the old' Henne like 5.3 vs Pittsburgh, and 5.5 in the second half of the Charger game. 

Quote:I can see with my own 2 eyes that in the past 6 Q they are treating Bortles like a game manager type. 

His YPA reflects what my eyes see as well, as it was the old' Henne like 5.3 vs Pittsburgh, and 5.5 in the second half of the Charger game. 

And your own two eyes still don't have a clue what is actually happening, but keep flailing away. 

Quote:I want the old Bortles back.  You know, the guy who was a gunslinger for portions of two whole games.   I just know Fisch is ruining him. It's so obvious. 

I'm betting Bortles numbers by December make this entire thread pointless anyway.  I'm hungry….

By then, the dancing dog will be on to a new target. 

Quote:Do you even know what ad hominem means?  I'm pretty sure you don't, but it has a lot of syllables in it.

This comment is very meta.

One of these years.............

Quote:I want the old Bortles back.  You know, the guy who was a gunslinger for portions of two whole games.   I just know Fisch is ruining him. It's so obvious. 

....just as an aside, Look at that pathetic plate of food above!! What is that portion for - a child??? Theres like 5 steak fries on there and 2 lousy fish sticks! Is that an appetizer?