Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles Aggresiveness

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2014, 07:00 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I wonder who was the Offensive Coordinator calling those plays from the start of the season?  Was he utilizing both Bortles' and Henne's strengths to get those stats?

32nd ranked offense. 

Give it up dude. Fisch sucks. 

Dump the whole Bradley regime ('cept keep Sullivan and Wash). Caldwell can stay. But Khan has more influence on the next coach's hiring. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2014, 06:59 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:You are aware that YPA include incompletions and check downs right?

everyone knows that

Quote:Wow, that's great!  Who was the OC?

the one presiding over the 32nd ranked offense. 

Quote:From what the above poster said, this is the current stat since the start of REGULAR SEASON.  Can you explain how the Jaguars have achieved that stat thus far since it's all just "dinks and dunks"?

the element of surprise. (at least when Henne's in) and with Bortles, good playcalling. But then he got away from that recently. 

Quote:But Khan has more influence on the next coach's hiring. 
Umm, did you read about when Gus was hired and how it went down?

Quote:32nd ranked offense. 

Give it up dude. Fisch sucks. 

Dump the whole Bradley regime. Caldwell can stay. But Khan has more influence on the next coach's hiring. 

32nd ranked offense since the start of the regular season.  Of course, we all know that this offense played against horrible defenses.  All they do is "dink and dunk" right?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:32nd ranked offense since the start of the regular season.  Of course, we all know that this offense played against horrible defenses.  All they do is "dink and dunk" right?
Yes and they don't have any other issues other than play calling.  Remember that!

Quote:everyone knows that

the one presiding over the 32nd ranked offense. 

the element of surprise. (at least when Henne's in) and with Bortles, good playcalling. But then he got away from that recently. 

So when Henne completed long passes it was "the element of surprise" even though teams have volumes of film on him, but when a new rookie quarterback is in, it's all of the sudden "good play calling".  Is that what you are trying to tell us?   :woot:

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:So when Henne completed long passes it was "the element of surprise" even though teams have volumes of film on him, but when a new rookie quarterback is in, it's all of the sudden "good play calling".  Is that what you are trying to tell us?   :woot:
Tought to keep it straight, isn't it?

Quote:Okay, sorry...."franchise QB". 

We're still in disagreement. Gabbert never looked the part. One half is 2 lousy Q of football. Any blind squirrel can find a nut in that small a sample size. 
So 4 quarters (your Bortles sample) is not any better. Thanks for making my point. 

Quote:So 4 quarters (your Bortles sample) is not any better. Thanks for making my point. 

BOOM!  #2!

[Image: Blind-Squirrel-Finds-a-Nut-small.jpg]

TMD is clearly rusty, not in football shape at all!

Lol TMD is getting owned in this thread.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Other teams keep stacking the box on us.  That leaves little chance for the run game to be effective.  I like him not calling a play that has a little chance to succeed.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:TMD is clearly rusty, not in football shape at all!

It's Fisch's fault for limiting his snap count. 

OMG... he's doing it in every thread.... BAN HIM AGAIN.. PLEASE !!!

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2014, 07:24 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:So 4 quarters (your Bortles sample) is not any better. Thanks for making my point. 

Its not just 4 Q, but you don't want to accept the other, so....stalemate. 

Quote:So when Henne completed long passes it was "the element of surprise" even though teams have volumes of film on him, but when a new rookie quarterback is in, it's all of the sudden "good play calling".  Is that what you are trying to tell us?   :woot:

Bortles has the actual ability to make those long plays despite a defense knowing/ expecting whats coming. Henne does not. 

Quote:Lol TMD is getting owned in this thread.

Actually I'm not. If people want to delude themselves into believing that Henne wasn't mostly dinking and dunking in the passing offense then theres nothing to say. Just because there is a stat that cites some big plays (which with Henne back there is 100% due to the element of surprise due to his usual dinking/ dunking) doesn't DIS-prove that the offense isn't mostly short passes. 

LOL< you have people in this thread sticking up for a [BAD WORD REMOVED] OC. Hey, have at it. Thats why this team stays where it is. Embracing mediocrity. 

Me? I'd like to not see my prized QB prospect be ruined, thank you. So yes, these last 6 Q of football concern me until I see that trend broken.  

Quote:OMG... he's doing it in every thread.... BAN HIM AGAIN.. PLEASE !!!

by "every" I guess you mean "2" threads. Both dealing with the QB/ coaching/ passing game. I.e. topical. 

Whiff. 

Quote:Actually I'm not. If people want to delude themselves...
Actually, you are and you're deluding yourself if you think otherwise.  It's all right here for people to see, you can't spin it.  Its a record.  Welcome back, sorry it's been rough.  You'll get better you just need to hire the right coach and carefully choose how you play the comments.

Quote:Other teams keep stacking the box on us.  That leaves little chance for the run game to be effective.  I like him not calling a play that has a little chance to succeed.

They stack the box until you give them a reason not to. 

Thats the point. 

They weren't stacking the box when Bortles was beating them with intermediate and deeper shots downfield. 

WHen the offense goes into a shell of short passes, the defense stacks the box. No reason not to at that point. 

Quote:Other teams keep stacking the box on us.  That leaves little chance for the run game to be effective.  I like him not calling a play that has a little chance to succeed.
They had a 5 man rush on. Two linebackers were playing pass.  Not very stacked.