Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Jaguars and Titans Injury Reports***

I know everybody has been hoping Jake Locker takes Sunday off so we can play against Charlie Whitehurst. It is just bruised and swollen and he is questionable, so that may not happen. The Titans will know more about his situation after practice tomorrow.

Paul Posluszny has what is called a Type 2 arm contusion, which should not prevent him from practicing this week.

If you get any other injury updates before official reports are released, add them here.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This season has damaged my fragile psyche.  I'm questionable for this one.

Quote:I know everybody has been hoping Jake Locker takes Sunday off so we can play against Charlie Whitehurst. It is just bruised and swollen and he is questionable, so that may not happen. The Titans will know more about his situation after practice tomorrow.

Paul Posluszny has what is called an arm contusion, which should not prevent him from practicing this week.

If you get any other injury updates before official reports are released, add them here.

Maybe we should be hoping for an injured Locker to suit up instead...
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Maybe we should be hoping for an injured Locker to suit up instead...

As good as Whitehurst looked last week, yeah, I agree.. 

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Did I miss something? Are we supposed to be afraid of Jake Locker? Neither Titans QB scares me, TBH

10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.

Half the fanbase is questionable with mouth injuries from chewin too much tobacky.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Did I miss something? Are we supposed to be afraid of Jake Locker? Neither Titans QB scares me, TBH

It just seemed to me that everybody is hoping Locker won't play.

No, you should not be afraid of him. He sucks.

Does anyone know how much losing Bernard Pollard can hurt Tennessee's defense? I have no idea who his backup is.

Quote:Does anyone know how much losing Bernard Pollard can hurt Tennessee's defense? I have no idea who his backup is.
If you have no clue who his backup is then I would assume that hurts their defense a lot.... wouldn't you?

Hammies for everyone!

How is Eddie George doing?

Huh

If we can't rush the passer and stop receivers from running wide open, it won't matter who's qb. After seeing improvement against Pittsburgh, I'm hopeful the defense shows up.
No commercial messages in sigs

Gratz has been cleared to return to practice.

That doesn't mean he'll be cleared to return to starting duties.  I think he may have seen that pass him by.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Regardless, that's good news for the defense. Gratz is still better than Blackmon. Gratz looked so good in preseason. Wonder if he just lost confidence at some point during the Eagles game?

Quote:Regardless, that's good news for the defense. Gratz is still better than Blackmon. Gratz looked so good in preseason. Wonder if he just lost confidence at some point during the Eagles game?
If you listened to Lageman talk about this, he made the point that playing well in the preseason is encouraging, but when the games matter and defenses are scheming to attack weaknesses, young players tend to struggle because they're overthinking things.  If you're not much of a thinker to begin with, that explains the regression. 

Odds are that Gratz winds up moving to the nickel and McCray takes that starting role. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:If you listened to Lageman talk about this, he made the point that playing well in the preseason is encouraging, but when the games matter and defenses are scheming to attack weaknesses, young players tend to struggle because they're overthinking things. If you're not much of a thinker to begin with, that explains the regression.

Odds are that Gratz winds up moving to the nickel and McCray takes that starting role.
I think Gratz will be a better fit at nickel. McCray is taking advantage of his opportunity

Quote:If you have no clue who his backup is then I would assume that hurts their defense a lot.... wouldn't you?

I don't know who the strong safety is, but maybe someone else here does.

Quote:Gratz has been cleared to return to practice.

That doesn't mean he'll be cleared to return to starting duties.  I think he may have seen that pass him by.

When Cyprien was cleared to practice, he was a full participant every day and played. I expect that to be to Gratz does.

Quote:When Cyprien was cleared to practice, he was a full participant every day and played. I expect that to be to Gratz does.

Why? Because every player and concussion are exactly the same?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Why? Because every player and concussion are exactly the same?

Because the NFL's concussion policy is if a player has any symptoms, he can't be cleared to practice or play. So if he is cleared to practice, he obviously is healthy enough to play.