Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags outscored 57-23 so far in the second half of ball games this season

It seems the coaches can't adjust or they just get out coached.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:It seems the coaches can't adjust or they just get out coached.

Pretty sure it's both.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

The other team goes in and gets coaching and corrections to the game plan. We go in and get something to eat.

How much have the Jags been outscored when Henne was in the game as opposed to when BB was in the game?

Also, how many 1st downs does BB have when he is in the game and how many 1st downs did Henne have while in there?

1 more question: How many 3 and outs did Henne have while in there and how many has BB had?

They have both played the exact amount of games at this moment, 2 1/2 games each.

Does anybody out there have these stats?

I just wanted to do a little comparison between them.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

I think it's a mix of the other team realizing key 2nd half adjustments at halftime combined with Jaguars defenders wearing out after three quarters because they've been on the field so long due to short offensive drives.

'02

Quote:The other team goes in and gets coaching and corrections to the game plan. We go in and get something to eat.
It seems that way.

While the other team are making adjustments we are in there taking a nap

Quote:How much have the Jags been outscored when Henne was in the game as opposed to when BB was in the game?

Also, how many 1st downs does BB have when he is in the game and how many 1st downs did Henne have while in there?

1 more question: How many 3 and outs did Henne have while in there and how many has BB had?

They have both played the exact amount of games at this moment, 2 1/2 games each.

In Bortles 2 starts we have been outscored 20-3 in the second half.

Quote:It seems that way.

While the other team are making adjustments we are in there taking a nap

The nap occurs on the field..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

The only reason the stat doesnt look worse is because the colts didnt need to score in the second half.....

Quote:In Bortles 2 starts we have been outscored 20-3 in the second half.

OK, so we have located the problem. It's a lack of scoring in the 2nd half of games.

Now we just need to find a way to correct it.

It seems the opponents coaches are making halftime adjustments and the Jag's coaches are not.

This is a coaching problem.

This is what they need to spend more time focusing on, 2nd half adjustments.

You have to expect your opponent to take away what worked for you in the 1st half, and have a solid plan for something different in the 2nd half.

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2014, 07:11 AM by imtheblkranger.)

Quote:How much have the Jags been outscored when Henne was in the game as opposed to when BB was in the game?

Leaving out the Colta because I don't have a way to break it down by half currently

Henne in games 1 and 2 has a combined 26 first downs.

Bortles in games 4 and 5 has 33.

I can't find 3rd down conversion numbers by individual game at the moment.

It should be noted Henne only had 8 first downs total against Was. And we did get 2 more first downs than the Chargers did.

With Henne, we also had 454 total yards his first 2 games while Blake has 562. Again, these are all leaving out the split of the Colts game which would skew these even further towards Blake.

There's no doubt out offense is much better now. Pit was Blake's worst performance yet and it's still only about 60 yards and a couple first downs shy of Henne's best performance at Philly.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2014, 07:16 AM by homebiscuit.)

I heard on the radio this morning that our points deficit so far is 102. The next closest team is TB with 63, and that's after they suffered a 42 point blowout from Atlanta.

Oh yeah, we bad :yes:

Not sure where you got your stats, but I'm pretty sure we're being outscored in the 2nd half 91-23 after being outscored in the 1st half 78-44.  2nd half definitely is worse though.

One of these years.............

Quote:Leaving out the Colta because I don't have a way to break it down by half currently

Henne in games 1 and 2 has a combined 26 first downs.

Bortles in games 4 and 5 has 33.

I can't find 3rd down conversion numbers by individual game at the moment.

It should be noted Henne only had 8 first downs total against Was. And we did get 2 more first downs than the Chargers did.

With Henne, we also had 454 total yards his first 2 games while Blake has 562. Again, these are all leaving out the split of the Colts game which would skew these even further towards Blake.

There's no doubt out offense is much better now. Pit was Blake's worst performance yet and it's still only about 60 yards and a couple first downs shy of Henne's best performance at Philly.

Thanks a lot for all these stats and #'s.

I just wanted to kind of compare what BB is doing now with the same team that Henne was doing, when he was in there.

You are right, if you add in the Colts stats and #'s (Henne-0 points/BB-17 points) the #'s would even be better for BB.

There's no question that the offense is better with BB in there.

We already know what Henne is after seeing him play for 7 years in the NFL, the last 2 plus with the Jags.

We don't know what BB is after only seeing him play for 2 1/2 GAMES.

Not as bad as the Falcons, who have been outscored 55-17 in the fourth.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:The other team goes in and gets coaching and corrections to the game plan. We go in and get something to eat.
Hey...people need food!

SMH...

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2014, 04:41 PM by Mowerguy.)

Heard about a  bright spot on the radio is our D held the squealers to zero offensive score in the second half.

Defense show up and the O takes a break...

The youth is showing.

Just keep getting better, we'll get there guys.....

we were IN this game.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Who wins, 2012 Jags or 2013 jags, week 6?

Quote:Who wins, 2012 Jags or 2013 jags, week 6?
the 2014 Jags because BB5 is better then Gabbert 2012 and henne 2013

Great -- our coaches are as smart as Tomlin  Wallbash

Prior to the Jags game, the Steelers have been outscored in the 2nd half by a score of 56 - 26.