Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Russel Wilson

Quote:Carly regularly owned half the clowns on this board.

She was definitely on the Wilson bandwagon.  His Rose Bowl photo was her avatar for a long time before he was even drafted.
I recall this as well. ^

I heard a longish radio interview with Wilson during the preseason and came away very, very impressed with his knowledge, articulation and apparent joy found in the game. Couldn't help but feel happy for him. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Wilson is legit. Every time I watch him play, I just see an elite qb in the making. Such a difference between he and kaepernick. Wilson could still be dangerous from the pocket, whereas kaepernick and RG3 need to escape the pocket to be effective. Wilson is a true dual-threat qb
No commercial messages in sigs

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2014, 10:59 AM by Etdavis2006.)

Quote:Wilson was more polished than Luck? That's ridiculous. I think it is just a Jaguar thing where you are concerned with where you QB ranks. Guess what the masses can rank luck 20th as long as he keeps doing what he is doing. That will give the Colts another long dominance period in the AFCS. And multiple playoff chances.

Hell just rank him 30th.
I like Luck a lot actually but predraft Wilson was the better qb from a mechanics stand point period. The only reason you never heard his name was because he was 5'10. He was seen as a guy who would have a hard time in the league.

Caroll gamblmed and won. It has nothing to do with me being a jags fan or not. Luck is a great player and will be one of the best during his time.

With that said if you are a serious draft follower than this is something that isn't a suprise. Wilson has a bigger arm, played pro style for 5 years and was just more mechanically sound. It is what it is. This is not my assestment initially. I really had to watch and read reports to truly get this.

Wilson didn't just magically get this good and was able to beat out the incumbent as a 3rd rounder. He was a polished qb he was just 5'10. That is what held him back from being drafted high.

Luck is probably a better tactician, but Wilson is by far the most football savy and has the greatest instinct of any young player in the game.

I don't know why people keep saying Wilson will eventually get hurt because of his "scrambling". With all those crazy rushing yards he's has had, I seldom see him get hit, like ever. One of the smartest player I've seen in a long time.

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2014, 06:20 PM by SeaSea.)

Nice to see RW is finally geting some well deserved respect around the league. All those "he's just a game manager" comments from media experts were getting old. I think people need to get over their fantasy football standpoint where only good QB's are those who throws for 300+ yards every week. Of course most of them are, but Wilson doesn't need to do that in Seattle (still don't think he would have a problem doing that in different team/system). He just do what is asked from him and much more with great effectiveness.

“We got beat by a better team,” safety Ryan Clark said. “We got beat by, as far as I’m concerned this weekend, the best player in the NFL. Russell Wilson made every play he had to make for his team to win, and we didn’t.”

I don't think he's the best player in the NFL, but he should be in serious consideration for top 5 QB and top 20-30 overall player right now. And he will only get better.

Quote:Washington put up a much bigger fight than I ever anticipated.

What does a new contract for Wilson do to their salary cap situation? AKA, who from the defense can we poach this off season?

http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/seattle-seahawks

I think we won't be able to keep Cliff Avril (but unfortunately for you he doesn't have any previous connections to Gus Bradley), Byron Maxwell and Malcolm Smith. I hope we can somehow resign K.J. Wright. Other interesting players for you could be Jeron Johnson, Deshawn Shead and O'Brien Schofield.

On the offensive side I'm affraid this is the last season of Lynch in Seattle. He's still under contract for another year, but has a $8,5M cap hit in 2015. I believe he's worth every cent, but we'll see if we can keep him. His back problems could be a concern for the team. Our GM John Schneider and Pete Carroll already made some difficult "business" decisions last offseason (like cuting Big Red and Clemons) for the longterm good (resigning ET, Sherm, Bennett) of the team. Of course moving forward without Lynch will be hard, but I think this will be Rusell Wilson's offense from next year on.

Quote:I think Russell is as good as anyone in the pocket; he has to improvise because the Seattle receivers don't do a good job of separating from defenders. Doug Baldwin, Jermaine Kearse, Ricardo Lockette etc.. are average/below average receivers, Harvin is the only guy that consistently separates. I'd love to see what Russell could do with Reggie Wayne and TY Hilton, at the end of the day both Luck and Wilson are clearly transcendent talents that make their teams better.

I agree that receivers can't separate enough (Paul Richardson was drafted for that reason, but we don't use him very often yet) and this season we also didn't throw the deep ball enough; when we did we have some success like Lockette TD against Denver. Other than that, we have a solid WR group. They have good hands and catch almost everything and they are all great blockers, which is important in our system. I also think this improvisation has a lot to do with bad pass protection. Russell often runs for his life and most of the time, other than just throw the ball away, he makes a play for positive gain.

And yes, Wilson is as good inside than outside the pocket. He's together with Peyton Manning the only QB with 100+ QB rating inside and outside the pocket over the last 2 seasons (if I'm not mistaken). Of course Peyton is better inside, but Russell is for me the best QB outside the pocket (don't have exact stats, but he probably has 5-10 times more passes outside the pocket than Peyton).

Quote:Luck is probably a better tactician, but Wilson is by far the most football savy and has the greatest instinct of any young player in the game.

I don't know why people keep saying Wilson will eventually get hurt because of his "scrambling". With all those crazy rushing yards he's has had, I seldom see him get hit, like ever. One of the smartest player I've seen in a long time.

Agree. He almost never gets hit on his runs because he knows when to get down/out of bounds. Most dangerous hits on him were inside the pocket, when that collapsed quickly and he get sacked. I'm not looking forward to play the Rams and Panthers D-Line in back to back road games over the next 3 weeks, especially not with Zach Miller probably out for both games.

I was beating the drum hard for Wilson. Then the Jags drafted a punter, and I haven't really ever recovered.

Quote:Nice to see RW is finally geting some well deserved respect around the league. All those "he's just a game manager" comments from media experts were getting old. I think people need to get over their fantasy football standpoint where only good QB's are those who throws for 300+ yards every week. Of course most of them are, but Wilson doesn't need to do that in Seattle (still don't think he would have a problem doing that in different team/system). He just do what is asked from him and much more with great effectiveness.

“We got beat by a better team,” safety <a class="bbc_url" href='http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=6210'>Ryan Clark</a> said. “We got beat by, as far as I’m concerned this weekend, the best player in the NFL. Russell Wilson made every play he had to make for his team to win, and we didn’t.”

I don't think he's the best player in the NFL, but he should be in serious consideration for top 5 QB and top 20-30 overall player right now. And he will only get better.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/seattle-seahawks'>http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/seattle-seahawks</a>

I think we won't be able to keep Cliff Avril (but unfortunately for you he doesn't have any previous connections to Gus Bradley), Byron Maxwell and Malcolm Smith. I hope we can somehow resign K.J. Wright. Other interesting players for you could be Jeron Johnson, Deshawn Shead and O'Brien Schofield.

On the offensive side I'm affraid this is the last season of Lynch in Seattle. He's still under contract for another year, but has a $8,5M cap hit in 2015. I believe he's worth every cent, but we'll see if we can keep him. His back problems could be a concern for the team. Our GM John Schneider and Pete Carroll already made some difficult "business" decisions last offseason (like cuting Big Red and Clemons) for the longterm good (resigning ET, Sherm, Bennett) of the team. Of course moving forward without Lynch will be hard, but I think this will be Rusell Wilson's offense from next year on.

I agree that receivers can't separate enough (Paul Richardson was drafted for that reason, but we don't use him very often yet) and this season we also didn't throw the deep ball enough; when we did we have some success like Lockette TD against Denver. Other than that, we have a solid WR group. They have good hands and catch almost everything and they are all great blockers, which is important in our system. I also think this improvisation has a lot to do with bad pass protection. Russell often runs for his life and most of the time, other than just throw the ball away, he makes a play for positive gain.

And yes, Wilson is as good inside than outside the pocket. He's together with Peyton Manning the only QB with 100+ QB rating inside and outside the pocket over the last 2 seasons (if I'm not mistaken). Of course Peyton is better inside, but Russell is for me the best QB outside the pocket (don't have exact stats, but he probably has 5-10 times more passes outside the pocket than Peyton).

Agree. He almost never gets hit on his runs because he knows when to get down/out of bounds. Most dangerous hits on him were inside the pocket, when that collapsed quickly and he get sacked. I'm not looking forward to play the Rams and Panthers D-Line in back to back road games over the next 3 weeks, especially not with Zach Miller probably out for both games.

Is Malcolm Smith any good? I know he's a rotational LB and had a hell of a SB game but other than that I don't know much about him.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:her opinion wasn't exactly unbiased though so it's not really a "genius" moment

However, if I was GM, we'd have Russell and JJ Watt, and Blaine Gabbert wouldn't have been a thing here, so I would've looked brilliant regardless. Smile

Quote:True, but she is pretty objective. She went to school for journalism and I think wrote for RotoWorld.

Yess. Rotowire, but basically the same. 

Quote:Carly regularly owned half the clowns on this board.

She was definitely on the Wilson bandwagon.  His Rose Bowl photo was her avatar for a long time before he was even drafted.

Smile

On Wisconsin.

Quote:there wasn't really anybody here either outside of that one Wisconsin girl that wanted to draft Russel Wilson
I wanted to darft Russel, I was one of the few. There probably isn't any tangible evidence of it, and if there is im not gonna waste my time going through the MB looking for my old posts. But I have a good friend who is an NC state alum and he told me about him when RW was a freshman, so I kept a close eye on him all the way till he was at Wisconsin. I always thought he was going to at least be a capable starting QB in the NFL, definitely didn't think he would be as great as he has been.

With that being said, in the 3rd round when it was our turn to pick I was almost certain we would take him, texted my buddy and all that stuff. Then we took a punter and I about punted my tv out the damn window.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Quote: 

http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/seattle-seahawks

While Cliff Avril doesn't have any previous connections to Gus Bradley,  Avril is from Jacksonville.   If the Seahawks determine that they can't pay Avril what he's asking for,  I think that the Jaguars would be a team he would have serious interest in.   Especially considering Avril has had great success in the Seahawks Defensive system.  

The deep Defensive Line rotation the Seahawks have is ideal for Avril's skills.  With the Lions,  the team I root for,  Avril often was used in run down situations,  in addition to expected passing situations.    With the Seahawks,  every time I look,  it seems like Avril is rushing the QB off the edge or feeling out a screen pass.   The situation in Seattle is ideal for Avril.    If the contract offers are even remotely close,   Avril would be better off re-signing with the Seahawks than going to any of the other 31 teams.

Quote:I was beating the drum hard for Wilson. Then the Jags drafted a punter, and I haven't really ever recovered.
Ugh.

Atleast the Jaguars have Bortles now. Wilson will be a Drew Brees-level qb. Bortles will be right there around his level, hopefully.
No commercial messages in sigs

Wow, yeah no way. That was putrid quarterback play today.

Quote:Wow, yeah no way. That was putrid quarterback play today.

If it wasn't for his strong team, he wouldn't be that good. If he leaves Seattle for a different team, his production goes way down.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2014, 10:38 PM by Haterade.)

Quote:Wow, yeah no way. That was putrid quarterback play today.
I saw blanketed receivers everywhere and Percy Harvin has done next to nothing this entire season. Outside Harvin, what weapon does Wilson have to throw to? Doug Baldwin or is it Jonathan? No idea. Dallas D looking night & day different than last season.