Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Russel Wilson

I do think its time to start mentioning Wilson as a top 5 QB. The changing of the guard is upon us with Brady and Brees in decline and Manning not too far behind.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I do think its time to start mentioning Wilson as a top 5 QB. The changing of the guard is upon us with Brady and Brees in decline and Manning not too far behind.

minus those 3 who are the top 5?

rodgers

rivers

wilson

dalton

stafford

?

some could make the case for luck, this year, statistically right now, i think people would want him in there, but he just didnt even look good against baltimore and their defense isnt GREAT.

his stats all came from destroying us and the tacks.

but i would be interested in hearing everyones top 5 minus those 3 guys.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2014, 01:19 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:minus those 3 who are the top 5?

rodgers

rivers

wilson

dalton

stafford

?

some could make the case for luck, this year, statistically right now, i think people would want him in there, but he just didnt even look good against baltimore and their defense isnt GREAT.

his stats all came from destroying us and the tacks.

but i would be interested in hearing everyones top 5 minus those 3 guys.
Rodgers

Wilson

Rivers

Cutler

Stafford

The last 2 are pretty subjective. Could be guys like Flacco, Dalton, Ryan, Romo, just to name a few.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Rodgers

Wilson

Rivers

Cutler

Stafford

The last 2 are pretty subjective. Could be guys like Flacco, Dalton, Ryan, Romo, just to name a few.

Stafford, Cutler, and Dalton top 5? lol. No way.

Quote:I don't care what people say about Luck this or Luck that, Wilson just may be the best young player regardless of position in the game

He can do what Luck can do; I'm not sure Luck can do some of the stuff Wilson did on Monday night.

You just cannot make this a Manning vs Brady debate between Andrew and Russell. They will never play each other enough. It doesn't have the excitement I when Indy and NE squared off every year.

I could care less how great Wilson becomes in Seattle. But I know this! It doesn't matter who you think is top 5. Luck is elite enough to win a Super Bowl in his career. Good enough for me.

Quote:Stafford, Cutler, and Dalton top 5? lol. No way.

Feel free to post your own.

My top 10

1. Rodgers

2. Manning

3. Brady

4. Brees

5. Wilson

6. Rivers

7. Roethlisberger

8. Luck

9. Matt Ryan

10. Cam Newton

Quote:Stafford, Cutler, and Dalton top 5? lol. No way.

id love to hear your top 5 since those guys are so blasphemous....

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:My top 10

1. Rodgers

2. Manning

3. Brady

4. Brees

5. Wilson

6. Rivers

7. Roethlisberger

8. Luck

9. Matt Ryan

10. Cam Newton

i think the point here was to omit the older guys like brady, brees, manning, and even big ben...

Quote:I do think its time to start mentioning Wilson as a top 5 QB. The changing of the guard is upon us with Brady and Brees in decline and Manning not too far behind.

I've been saying this for over a year now; just imagine if he had better weapons, I love Percy Harvin, but Baldwin, Kearse etc... are all just guys. Russell is a more athletic Drew Brees with a much stronger arm; the guy has the makeup to be one of the all-time greats.

Quote:i think the point here was to omit the older guys like brady, brees, manning, and even big ben...

1. Wilson

2. Luck

3. Ryan

4. Newton

5. Flacco.

1. Bortles

2. Bortles

3. Bortles

4. Bortles

5. Bortles

Huh

I've been a fan since he started. I saw the kid can play big time football. Honestly looking back at the draft he would have been a top 3 pick if he was 6'3-6'4. He was more polished than Luck he was just short.

Quote:I've been a fan since he started. I saw the kid can play big time football. Honestly looking back at the draft he would have been a top 3 pick if he was 6'3-6'4. He was more polished than Luck he was just short.

I followed him while he was at Wisconsin (I'm a Badger fan), he memorized the entire playbook (600+ plays) in like one week, his teammates named him a captain after only interacting him with for one week, clearly Russell Wilson is a special individual with an incredible brain and even better leadership qualities.
When it's all said and done i think we'll be talking about him as being one of the greatest to ever play the position, the guy just keeps getting better and better, his potential is through the roof.

Quote:I've been a fan since he started. I saw the kid can play big time football. Honestly looking back at the draft he would have been a top 3 pick if he was 6'3-6'4. He was more polished than Luck he was just short.

Wilson was more polished than Luck? That's ridiculous. I think it is just a Jaguar thing where you are concerned with where you QB ranks. Guess what the masses can rank luck 20th as long as he keeps doing what he is doing. That will give the Colts another long dominance period in the AFCS. And multiple playoff chances.

Hell just rank him 30th.

Quote:Wilson was more polished than Luck? That's ridiculous. I think it is just a Jaguar thing where you are concerned with where you QB ranks. Guess what the masses can rank luck 20th as long as he keeps doing what he is doing. That will give the Colts another long dominance period in the AFCS. And multiple playoff chances.

Hell just rank him 30th.

I believe Russell at this time is the better QB, now if I were drafting a team I'd choose Luck over Wilson because of the upside, but there's not a doubt in my mind that Wilson is more polished and is a better player at this point in their respective careers. I think both guys are destined for Canton if they keep improving.

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2014, 03:41 PM by Ex-IndySouthsider.)

Quote:I believe Russell at this time is the better QB, now if I were drafting a team I'd choose Luck over Wilson because of the upside, but there's not a doubt in my mind that Wilson is more polished and is a better player at this point in their respective careers. I think both guys are destined for Canton if they keep improving.

I think he needs his legs to be effective. For now he is great, history says that doesn't last and he will have to be effective as a pocket passer like Drew has become.

I still new to see him lift a so so team the way Manning, Brady, or Rodgers have done. Those guys make a team instant playoff contenders regardless of roster. Luck did in his rookie year.

Marino played on many crappy teams also.

Quote:her opinion wasn't exactly unbiased though so it's not really a "genius" moment

True, but she is pretty objective. She went to school for journalism and I think wrote for RotoWorld.

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2014, 03:58 PM by jagforlife85.)

Quote:I think he needs his legs to be effective. For now he is great, history says that doesn't last and he will have to be effective as a pocket passer like Drew has become.

I still new to see him lift a so so team the way Manning, Brady, or Rodgers have done. Those guys make a team instant playoff contenders regardless of roster. Luck did in his rookie year.

Marino played on many crappy teams also.

I think Russell is as good as anyone in the pocket; he has to improvise because the Seattle receivers don't do a good job of separating from defenders. Doug Baldwin, Jermaine Kearse, Ricardo Lockette etc.. are average/below average receivers, Harvin is the only guy that consistently separates. I'd love to see what Russell could do with Reggie Wayne and TY Hilton, at the end of the day both Luck and Wilson are clearly transcendent talents that make their teams better.

Quote:True, but she is pretty objective. She went to school for journalism and I think wrote for RotoWorld.
Carly regularly owned half the clowns on this board.

She was definitely on the Wilson bandwagon.  His Rose Bowl photo was her avatar for a long time before he was even drafted.