Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I for one like the new moves with TC & Marrone

Quote:No, blowing a 17 point lead is better.

Tanking

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Gotta imagine Coughlin voiced some level of support for keeping Marrone. Hard to imagine he interviewed for HC, hired as VP, and being against the HC hire throughout.

I like that we got Coughlin to come aboard.  I wish he was on the sideline.

The Marrone hire, on the other hand...  Coupled with the reports that the majority of the coaching staff is going to be retained...  Is a total head scratcher.  I have no confidence in it right now.

If Coughlin is able to mentor the coaching staff, maybe things will turnout great.  I don't have much confidence in that, but who knows?

Quote:Gotta imagine Coughlin voiced some level of support for keeping Marrone. Hard to imagine he interviewed for HC, hired as VP, and being against the HC hire throughout.

There are reports that Coughlin wanted to be the HC and interviewed to be the HC.  When the front office nixed Coughlin as a head coach, that's when he was offered to the VP of Football position. 

To me, that means he didn't have a say in who was to be the HC.  Because if he had a say, it would have been himself.  

^^ True, but while I'm not suggesting he had a voice at the table already, I still find it hard to think he was against Marrone. After all, he is being hired to guide a winning organization. Eh, anyway.

Quote:This is where I'm at as well. Knowing that Coughlin is back in the fold, and already making decisions for the team gives me confidence that the era of just getting better is officially behind us. It's time to have some accountability, and it's time to win some football games.
I couldn't agree with you more FBT.

It IS time to win some football games.

And I believe we will....

Pretty sure you can find me somewhere saying this was my ideal scenario. I'm excited. Does anyone know if the rest of the staff is Staying?
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Hopefully, Coughlin will recognize if there's any issues with the coaches' abilities or promoting a loser atmosphere around here. 

Quote:10-6 minimum. Calling it now.
I like your opinion.

And I second it.

10-6 and I LIKE IT

Quote:I couldn't agree with you more FBT.

It IS time to win some football games.

And I believe we will....

What makes you think that?

Quote:I like your opinion.

And I second it.

10-6 and I LIKE IT

Wow, some of you are delusional.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2017, 10:39 PM by jvillejagsn1.)

I still don't know how I feel about it. It just seems like a big cluster [BLEEP]. If we had done this to start the year or at the beginning to mid point, and we didn't hire an interview company, and we didn't put so much time in between the announcements, I might feel more confident. But it just feels like they didn't know what they were doing. It feels like they didn't have confidence in their decision. If they did, they would have just hired him off the bat or much faster at least. Instead of making it a hype show. I don't hate the moves, but I'm not in love with them yet. But I definitely feel they processed it all wrong and that leaves me a little worried.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:Tanking
Funny u say this.

I believe.

TC was hired a long time ago

They decided Marone was their guy after his first game as HC.

And they Intentionally tanked the second half for draft position.

It'll never be provable...

But plausible

Quote:Wow, some of you are delusional.

And some chose to whine on a message board for 5 hours like a little sissy.

Quote:I still don't know how I feel about it. It just seems like a big [BAD WORD REMOVED]. If we had done this to start the year or at the beginning to mid point, and we didn't hire an interview company, and we didn't put so much time in between the announcements, I might feel more confident. But it just feels like they didn't know what they were doing. It feels like they didn't have confidence in their decision. If they did, they would have just hired him off the bat or much faster at least. Instead of making it a hype show. I don't hate the moves, but I'm not in love with them yet. But I definitely feel they processed it all wrong and that leaves me a little worried.
I think they waited too long too.

But...

I think next year were gonna have a lot to cheer about

Quote:What makes you think that?
Our roster

Our coaching

The TC hire

And my " glass half full" personality.

I could be totally wrong...

I could be 100% correct.

But since we won't know till next year.

I choose to not let the potential for failure get me down.

It's real

But so is the potential for success

Quote:And some chose to whine on a message board for 5 hours like a little sissy.

No whining, just stating facts.

Quote:No whining, just stating facts.
I hate to get involved in any of the personal attacks that happen on TMB.

But you voice your opinion.

Your opinion is not a " fact"

And you degrade and belittle other people because of their opinion on. A regular basis....

It's not fun to interact with you man.

Quote:No whining, just stating facts.
That being said...

I'm not gonna call anybody a sissy...

I'm just here to have fun and follow my team and it's sometimes not easy to do with all the bickering and personal attacks

Quote:I hate to get involved in any of the personal attacks that happen on TMB.

But you voice your opinion.

Your opinion is not a " fact"

And you degrade and belittle other people because of their opinion on. A regular basis....

It's not fun to interact with you man.

And your opinion is fact?
No Fun